Non park breakfast recommendations

jkmmah

DIS Veteran
Looking for recommendations for a great spot to have breakfast before leaving WDW and driving home. I've checked out all the menus but still can't decide.

We have two young girls who'd love a character breakfast, but they hardly eat enough to justify the cost. Though the entertainment factor is a big plus.

I'd rather do a NON buffet b/c of all the up and down, up and down...ah, a mother's life!

We're considering all the resort breakfast spots...now give us your opinions on where to find the best food.

Kona is great for breakfast the Tonga Toast is something everyone must try, but I have found the fruit plate great & my DD shared with me. another one we like is GF Cafe because they are on the monorail line you can explore the resorts on the monorail line. Or just get in one more ride before you go.

Kae

Our favorite place for breakfast is Spoodle's at the Boardwalk. It is not a buffet, but that do have a very good all you can eat platter. Not everyone at the table has to order it, so it works out well if you have some small eaters. Their french toast is out of this world.

If you decide you do want a character buffet, our favorite is Cape May at the Beach Club. The food is good, plentiful and it is usually not as loud and crowded as other character meals where we have eaten.

we really enjoyed our breakfast at 'ohana... had great character interaction and a cute little parade w/all the chars and kids in the restaurant... plus, it's served family style, so no "up-down" of a buffet! the only problem we encountered was the kids felt a bit guilty biting mickey's ears off (waffles) while he was visiting w/us! LOL!

I vote for Kona. Did this myself on Saturday. The DSs, myself and DH loved the food, had great service and played on the beach afterward. A great way to end the trip before coming back to these lousy Michigan temps!

I vote for Spoodles on the Boardwalk! They have a great variety of tasty food and excellent service! This is a must-do every trip!

Originally posted by swilphil
Spoodles or Fresh at the Dolphin.

Just so you are aware (in case you have your heart set on characters), Fresh only has characters on the weekends for breakasts.

The other breakfast buffet dining locations in the Swan and Dolphin also have characters on weekends.

Kona is my favorite breakfast spot.
I also really enjoy the Cracker Barrel ( I don't have one where I live)

On our last day, our farewell meal was breakfast at Yacht Club Galley. You can either get the buffet or order from the menu. I had buffet, DH had menu, and we both really liked it.

Gullivers in the Swan has a nice breakfast, with either a buffet or order from menu options. They usually have 2 characters, and they rotate who they are daily. I also love Spoodles breakfast, very good food.

Rainforest Cafe at AK - kids can nibble off your plates or order a little something. Then you are not locked into paying for a buffet they won't eat. The atmosphere is neat and entertaining too!

Originally posted by Kae
Kona is great for breakfast the Tonga Toast is something everyone must try, but I have found the fruit plate great & my DD shared with me. another one we like is GF Cafe because they are on the monorail line you can explore the resorts on the monorail line. Or just get in one more ride before you go.

Kae

We haven't done it in years,, but Tonga Toast is at Kona's is great... They use to also make a great seafood omlet with bursan cheese years back..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter