• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

nobody knows but I'll ask anyway.

Poprivet

Mouseketeer
3 split stays. 2 nights/5 nights/2 nights. we wrapped 2, 2 night room only stays around the 5 night free dining package.

DW and I traveling with DD and her family of 4. We are hoping to get 2 connected rooms at pop. this will make it easier to deal with a 4 and 7 yr old..

We arrive on Thanksgiving day.. SIL thought this would be good as not as many arriving on a Thursday?
I think its bad in that not many people will be leaving on Thursday... to open up connected rooms for us.

I mean good or bad in the chances of us getting a connected room on a Thursday arrival..
I'm also thinking theres a good chance we will have to switch rooms?

I did call and requested connected rooms..

Everything so far has worked out great, good flights, good FP+s, free dining. I can only hope the rooms work out as well...

pop

3 split stays. 2 nights/5 nights/2 nights. we wrapped 2, 2 night room only stays around the 5 night free dining package.

DW and I traveling with DD and her family of 4. We are hoping to get 2 connected rooms at pop. this will make it easier to deal with a 4 and 7 yr old..

We arrive on Thanksgiving day.. SIL thought this would be good as not as many arriving on a Thursday?
I think its bad in that not many people will be leaving on Thursday... to open up connected rooms for us.

I mean good or bad in the chances of us getting a connected room on a Thursday arrival..
I'm also thinking theres a good chance we will have to switch rooms?

I did call and requested connected rooms..

Everything so far has worked out great, good flights, good FP+s, free dining. I can only hope the rooms work out as well...

pop

You are correct, no one here will know.

Lots of folks have the whole week off, so I imagine the hotel will be quite full.

Many like several in my family go the Friday before and then leave T-Day to avoid crowds.

Lots go to school/work through Wednesday so I think Thursday arrivals will be a noticeable amount.

Who knows what the odds are, but my guess is a sliver less due to it being such a busy week.

Are your reservations all connected or all on the same MDE? Hopefully that and when you check in to remind them to look at the other reservations and ask if they can keep you in the same rooms. You might have to go to desk each reservation change to make sure your MB are working, you just never know with Disney IT ....

Do all you can before and hope it works out. If it doesn't, just go with it best you can.

I dont know about your chances on Tday, but you can also ask for it to be a continuing reservation, so if you do get rooms you want, you hopefully don't have to switch for new reservations. If you don't get them the first night, then they may be able to get it the next day, and then again you can try to stay for the rest of the week, and just don't unpack everything the first day.

Honestly I don't think the day of the week matters but the fact that you're going to arrive ON a holiday is what makes the difference.
Many people will have likely checked in on Wednesday evening if they are going during that time since kids have off of school Thursday and Friday. They are not likely checking out on Thanksgiving.
Your odds of any request at any time are 50/50. They try their best.

I suspect you're right on this one. You might get lucky and get connecting rooms, but Pop is likely to be at full (or nearly full) capacity during your dates. If there aren't many people checking out that day, they'll have a harder time fulfilling your request. Doesn't mean it's impossible, but I would definitely manage your expectations, because even getting unconnected rooms right next door to each other might not be possible.

You're right, there's no way to know. Whether or not you'll get connected rooms will depend on a) how many connecting room pairs are at the resort, b) how many people have requested connecting rooms for the same dates that you'll be there, and c) how many guests in a connected room pair will be checking out on the day of your arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter