Nobody EXPECTS the Spanish Reposition!!! Taking the Magic Back to the Med 4/10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another poll? Ugh. Sorry.

Can't we just do something to match the logo?

Classy dark red with golden yellow? Goes with the ship on the bottom.

Lettering style Tall Deco to match the wording on the top of the logo with "Disney" in Disney script, to read:

BOUND FOR BARCELONA APRIL 2010 DISNEY MAGIC EASTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC

Man, I have been busy all weekend and I had to catch up on about 15 pages! Anyway, I like Lynne's suggestion. :goodvibes

Lynne/Stephanie, will you make name tags for everyone or just if we request one? Whenever you get back, I'd like one to match the logo, please. (Linda-stlkeeler) I'll remind you again...

Lynne, maybe while you're gone you could ask someone to volunteer to help keep track of everyone's requests to the thread and forward them to you when you get back. You know, like, "Lynne, could you add me to the blank list." Or, "Please put this on the website." I would feel so overwhelmed if that was my responsibility-knowing I was going to be gone so long. Just a thought... :goodvibes

Thanks for volunteering, Linda.

We are all supposed to take a break during this time and prepare for the cruise - making FEs and FE gifts, exercising to get in shape for all our activities (don't forget your wrist exercises to keep toned for BUNCO!)

I
... and yet, people continue to wear shorts and a t-shirt to Lumiere's ... or shorts and a polo shirt to Palo's. I think the dress code on the Magic started to deteriorate when cruisers from other cruise lines did not adhere to DCL's dress code. When we sailed on the Wonder (4/08), we saw virtually no distinction between dress code in Topsiders vs Animator's Palette vs. Palo's. Then again, when on a 3 or 4 day cruise, you aren't really exposed to Formal Night, Semi-Formal dress, Captain's Gala, etc.

To me, CASUAL equates to a nice pair of jeans, and collar-less shirt. Cruise Casual equates to dockers or khaki's and a collared shirt (no sneakers or sandals). Formal night does NOT mean to button-up a polo shirt, but you'd be surprised at what is worn or allowed to be worn. During the last Eastern cruise to Tortola, I noticed the Maitre 'd at Palo's was issuing jackets to men who showed up without a tie, even though courtesy messages were left on their stateroom voice mail, reminding guests of the dress code.

Shorts, sneakers, and sandals may be okay at Topsiders ... but not elsewhere. DCL isn't Freestyle cruising. I do not mean to offend anyone, or come across with the wrong attitude ... but most everyone on DCL is paying at least twice the normal fare to cruise on DCL, as compared to most other cruise lines (let alone Carnival). I choose not to sail Carnival for a reason.

--Steven

I agree to the no shorts/tanks, etc. in the restaurants but disney has said that jeans were ok so on casual nights I allow my son to wear jeans with a button up shirt or polo shirt. Hubby always dresses in dress slacks, shirt and tie, jacket for Palo.

Since until December apparently Disney did say jeans were ok for casual dining nights I was going to alternate jeans and dockers /polo/button up casual shirts for my hubby so he was not in the same 2 pair of pants every casual night. On a 7 night it is not as big of deal but we are just trying to cut down on clothes. Hubby is one who wears jeans, shirt (polo or button up) tucked in with a belt and topsider (boat) shoes. It is not a major deal just frustrated because I had everything planned out and packed for hubby and now I need to redo it. We follow disney guidelines.

Krisann

We are all supposed to take a break during this time and prepare for the cruise - making FEs and FE gifts, exercising to get in shape for all our activities (don't forget your wrist exercises to keep toned for BUNCO!)

We are supposed to take a break because you are going on vacation?!?!?! :confused3

...Lynne/Stephanie, will you make name tags for everyone or just if we request one? Whenever you get back, I'd like one to match the logo, please. (Linda-stlkeeler) I'll remind you again...

I figured I and a legion of well-intended gypsies would make name tags for everyone (with some useful information on the back - per the historical tags Woody and Stephanie sent in).

How are we going to pay for them? I volunteer to be part of a Name Tag Team that gives them as a FE gift to the rest of the cruisers. This team would work best with about 10 of us at $30 each. Much easier than collecting $1-2 per person.

So far, about 184 of us in our Disboard group.

We are supposed to take a break because you are going on vacation?!?!?! :confused3

Don't you have a little Aurora to get ready for performance?

Pass on my congratulations to Brooklyn. When does Sleeping Beauty go into production?

Hope Maddie's ear is getting better.

We don't do dress clothes and normally avoid eating in the dining room on formal night. I like to be comfortable and myself on vacation I guess I never thought that my clothing choices could offend others. Do people really think about what others wear that much? I am very much "to each its" own type of person.

~Ingrid

Well I for one have been working on FE gifts :) I have 15 girls bags started and ready to start on the boys bags. I also have started working on my Secret Mickey things - the generic items I have purchased so far.

Before I have put things together on the ship to save space in the suitcase but this time I want the time more than space in the suitcase so everything will be ready before we leave so all I have to do on the cruise is sent the children out to deliver the items.

Now to work on breaking down the FE list even more by age brackets :)

Krisann

on the new thread you may want to post a link to this thread so if someone wants to come and get to know everyone from before.

Krisann

Well I for one have been working on FE gifts :) I have 15 girls bags started and ready to start on the boys bags. I also have started working on my Secret Mickey things - the generic items I have purchased so far.

Before I have put things together on the ship to save space in the suitcase but this time I want the time more than space in the suitcase so everything will be ready before we leave so all I have to do on the cruise is sent the children out to deliver the items.

Now to work on breaking down the FE list even more by age brackets :)

Krisann

Ooooo complicated! I love it! It is people like you who make the cruise so enjoyable for my son. He loves the special gifts and thoughtful gifts that people leave almost every day. He LOVES it! So thanks so much in advance for the time and preparation that you are doing to help brighten others days. :hug:

Sorry if I posted this on the wrong thread

I am voting "no" on a red lanyard...we had that color on the last TA.

My vote is for Navy or Black. I think it will match the logo the best and not get dirty quickly.

I vote for a darker color like navy or black too.

And I am not taking a break, no way! I am way too excited to take any breaks!!! Viva la transatlantic!

Stephanie - I thought you'd have a good eye for color. It's harder to get a good dark red match, too. It's either bright red or maroon.

I nixed white for the dirt & "ring around the collar" issue, too.

I like black. Wording color?

And I am not taking a break, no way! I am way too excited to take any breaks!!! Viva la transatlantic!

Yeah, I don't see a "break" in my future either... now that everything is booked including air, pre-cruise hotel etc... it seems so much more exciting!!!

Stephanie - I thought you'd have a good eye for color. It's harder to get a good dark red match, too. It's either bright red or maroon.

I nixed white for the dirt & "ring around the collar" issue, too.

I like black. Wording color?

Gold lettering may work and I think look classy with the logo. White however would show up the best. I think those are our only two color options with either black or navy I do not think red lettering would be large enough to be seen well on the dark background.

The lighter blue color may work?!?!?

OMG--I did not know that kids sail free on the MED cruise after ours. :thumbsup2

Lynne, have fun in Hawaii! I'd love to be on the lanyard Name Tag Team --one less thing to pack. Also, please only plan for 1 lanyard for my family -- for me. Dh will wear the one DCL gives him and my dd's don't wear them.

Brooklyn, Congrats to Brooklyn!!! That's so cool!:cool1:

Madeira: I just booked the West Madeira excursion. It sounds fabulous but 8.5 hours could be painful...

I tried to look for a reputable tour agency but couldn't find one and I am not sure I trust anyone but DCL to take me outside of Funchal. Darn!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: I guess I could. No reason I couldn't...

I figured I and a legion of well-intended gypsies would make name tags for everyone (with some useful information on the back - per the historical tags Woody and Stephanie sent in).

How are we going to pay for them? I volunteer to be part of a Name Tag Team that gives them as a FE gift to the rest of the cruisers. This team would work best with about 10 of us at $30 each. Much easier than collecting $1-2 per person.

So far, about 184 of us in our Disboard group.

Are you talking about name tags or lanyards (as long as it's not white, I'm good with any other color)? I thought I would have to print out my own. I'm not part of the FE group but I would be happy to contribute $$ towards this. Or help in any other way if you need me to.

We don't do dress clothes and normally avoid eating in the dining room on formal night. I like to be comfortable and myself on vacation I guess I never thought that my clothing choices could offend others. Do people really think about what others wear that much? I am very much "to each its" own type of person.

~Ingrid

I NEVER look at what enyone else is wearing. I'm too busy worrying about my own self to worry about anybody else. I have never seen jeans or shorts on anyone. I read about people "complaining" about someone they saw wearing whatever and I always mean to look around, but I never remember to. So, don't change what you're wearing on my account...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter