• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

No Sharing & My Family?

sconnell

DIS Veteran
Ok, first off, I'm not trying to break rules. I'm just trying to figure out what works for us. This trip in Sept will decide if we will ever buy the DP in the future. We are two adults, one 4 year old & one almost 2 year old.
DH had a gastric bypass. DD4 & DS2 eat very little. I eat for all of us. j/k
We have planned 6 character meals and 2 other TS meals. We plan to pay OOP for some, but I wanted to mix up where we use them.
I wanted to use a TS Credit for myself at Coral Reef and pay OOP for DD & DH. Then, at a Character meal, pay OOP for myself and use a TS credit for them.
How about sharing with my 2 year old? Is that prohibited now?

I have the exact same question for how to use the TS credits!! I am so glad you posted this thread! From what I understand from reading the brochure, the credits are ours to use whenever we want, so in theory, we should be able to choose which meal we use them at, and when we pay out of pocket. However, after reading about some people's experiences on the dining plan, I am not very confident that we could do that. I was thinking like you, that we would save the children's credits for buffets (to use for children!!), and pay OOP for their TS meals.
As for children under two, it is my understanding that they can graze from adults meals, no problem.
Looking forward to hear what others have experienced!

sconnell said:
Ok, first off, I'm not trying to break rules. I'm just trying to figure out what works for us. This trip in Sept will decide if we will ever buy the DP in the future. We are two adults, one 4 year old & one almost 2 year old.
We have planned 6 character meals and 2 other TS meals. We plan to pay OOP for some, but I wanted to mix up where we use them.
I wanted to use a TS Credit for myself at Coral Reef and pay OOP for DD & DH. Then, at a Character meal, pay OOP for myself and use a TS credit for them.

No worries on the 2 year old. Its good you have lots of character meals planned, they work well with the new rules, you couldn't share there anyway. You'll have to change some plans unless you get lucky with a CM letting you share but would plan on 3 TS credits being deducted at each meal.

ReallyFunMom said:
You'll have to change some plans unless you get lucky with a CM letting you share but would plan on 3 TS credits being deducted at each meal.
But what if we aren't sharing, just using our credits at a different time and paying OOP for the others?

sconnell said:
But what if we aren't sharing, just using our credits at a different time and paying OOP for the others?

The CMs seem to be saying all in the plan or all OOP, no mixing. If you manage to dine without the kids, they are in kids club or something, and have a situation where 4 are dining and only 2 TS credits left, I can't see how they can get around mixing DDP and OOP. But as long as you have 3 TS credits left, there is no "saving" for later in addition to no sharing if I understand things.

I just posted this on another thread, and I have just had the gastric bypass myself. I can only eat 2 bites at a time. It will be a MAJOR waste if I have to order a meal and not share EVERY TIME! I plan on doing this at Cinderellas royal table, and buffets etc. But when we go to a TS I was planning on either sharing with DH, or ordering 2 adults and 1 childrens then sharing the steak with my DD. We would be using 3 credits instead of 4. If they want to be picky about it I won't be bothered at all if I can't eat. I can just sit and watch. I really think once we get there they are going to be more accomodating than we think. Has anyone been told at a restaurant NO SHARING???

This sharing situation seems to be getting more confusing by the day with the DDP. My understanding is that all buffets and fixed price meals require a TS from each person dining (CRT, Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, etc.) There is no sharing. As for other dining locations, I think that the jury is still out on the sharing issue.

sconnell said:

I don't know about anyone else, but this is what our family is doing. At every TS place, we will be ordering a meal for my DS6 (child's meal). If two of us adults can share an adult meal, we will do that. But we will always be using the child's TS credits just so we know and they know that we are not trying to scam the system.

Like I said, that's just what we plan to do. I don't make any judgements for any other family. :smokin:

I know I'm getting a good deal and don't want to bend any rules. Whatever the rules are, I will go by them, even if the adults can't share. I admit, I won't like THAT part, but if they rule on it, so be it. I'm grateful we're at Disney and I'm getting a lot of good food for free. :teeth: :Pinkbounc

disneymom06 said:
This sharing situation seems to be getting more confusing by the day with the DDP. My understanding is that all buffets and fixed price meals require a TS from each person dining (CRT, Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, etc.) There is no sharing. As for other dining locations, I think that the jury is still out on the sharing issue.
Argh, if it were up to me, we'd do only character meals as sit downs, but my DH's only request was Coral Reef and friend's DH's only request was SciFi. Oh, well. I'm not trying to cheat the system or break rules. I just thought that we could used the credits "whenever we want." Like I've seen advertised in the brochures. I don't want to "share meals" at Character meals, as I've always known that's not allowed. You pay just to walk in there. lol. (And be that close to characters without standing in line.) But I thought that they wouldn't mind us eating at two more TS places if we paid for it and then what would it matter if we used some credits at this place and some at another.
Oh well, with the free dining, I guess that we will just pay for 2 meals completely OOP and not worry about mixing up credits. No biggie.
Now I just need to figure out which of our meals will be cheaper to order OOP. lol. It's probably going to be Coral Reef and SciFi, but it may be a character, we do have an EARLY adr for Chef Mickey's that might be hard to make. Hmmm... Off to look at the menus... :moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter