NO MORE free valet parking for DVC members.

Just sent my complaint, yet another change that effects a huge population of the DVC members, with little upfront and professional communication. Make's you wonder what other "best kept secrets" Disney is hiding in its closet.

The reality is that it likely isn't worth the cost. It also means that if true, valet parking may go away at certain resorts like Kidani especially and possibly BWV. There probably won't be enough traffic to keep it going in every situation.
I would think the valet from the night clubs and inn would be enough at BWV but I would guess the valets are not going to be happy with this.

I sent my note to MS - I hope they get enough response to take notice.

On the other side - this might increase the popularity of resorts where you park at your room...

Yup... It stinks.
Many of the little things that made WDW (not just DVC) so great are slowly disappearing. It really is sad when looked at in totality.

That said, we have been driving less as of late in favor of cabbing around WDW.

MG

One other thing, for what we pay in dues, which subsequently pays for Member Services, they sure could do a better job in communicating changes, its funny when third party sites like DIS do a better job then DVC.

See..I'm more upset with the trend toward outsourcing. Isn't housekeeping outsourced? I can't believe Disney would want to give up direct control of such front line people. Bad move.

Dang, I use this perk extensively, so I am not happy to hear about this. I'm even less happy about the way MS did not communicate this change to their members.

Like many of you, I've also written an e-mail to DVC to express my dissatisfaction with this most current change.

Assuming valet parking is subsidized by dues, this may not be a case where DVC is to blame.

Valet parking is outsouced and has been for about 3 years now. There would have to be an agreement in place between DVC and the outsourced vendor to accept some rate (certainly less than $10-12 per day) for parking DVC member vehicles. Think of it as a volume discount--DVC guarantees a certain level of traffic and they get a price cut.

Sounds to me like the vendor may have tried to raise the rate to the point where it doesn't make sense for DVC to continue the agreement. After all, is it really fair to have all members paying for a service that only some utilize? Yes, if the agreement allows them to obtain a very attractive favored rate...but the benefit dwindles as the rate rises.

As with many negotiations, this could be a big game of chicken between the valet parking co and Disney. After failing to secure higher rates, they are now left to make a go of it with far less traffic at most resorts. Perhaps time will (and a substantial loss of business) will alter that outlook.

There is no such thing as a DVC Florida discount. There is a $100 DVC discount on WDW Annual Passes, if that's what you're talking about, but that saves Floridians a grand total of about $5.

Sigh--yes, I mean the DVC WDW Discount! There is a different discount for DVC between the Florida APs and the California APs for the different theme parks.

ETA: So, my prediction is that the WDW DVC discount will be reduced commensurate with the discount on annual passes for Disneyland.

After all, is it really fair to have all members paying for a service that only some utilize? Yes, if the agreement allows them to obtain a very attractive favored rate...but the benefit dwindles as the rate rises.

Considering any cost for valet would only be reflected in dues for resorts in which valet applied, the service would be available for any member staying at one of those resorts.

Some people never use the gym at a DVC resort, the pool, some the room amenities or internet, but they pay for these items in their dues, valet is no different.

Just sent my complaint, yet another change that effects a huge population of the DVC members, with little upfront and professional communication. Make's you wonder what other "best kept secrets" Disney is hiding in its closet.

The question is why do member services cm's open their mouths before an official announcement? This seems to happen with CRO cm's too. In my job, when there is advance notice of an announcement, we will be told when we can talk about it outside the company. I know better than to tell a customer something before the company announces it.

I wonder if this will affect those that insisted on overpaying for the valet tipping, will they still tip in and out plus the $12 a day?

I don't know about anyone else, but in the case I did valet and had to pay $12, I would not tip on the belief that the fee would cover any tip.

I don't know about anyone else, but in the case I did valet and had to pay $12, I would not tip on the belief that the fee would cover any tip.

Are you serious, I would never look at it like that? When I pay $60 a day in NYC to valet park with limited in/out priveledges I make no assumption that tips are included.

Fees are exclusive of tips and that is customary through out the US.

The question is why do member services cm's open their mouths before an official announcement? This seems to happen with CRO cm's too. In my job, when there is advance notice of an announcement, we will be told when we can talk about it outside the company. I know better than to tell a customer something before the company announces it.

But maybe the announcement is official and this is just an example of bad planning on Disney's perspective, maybe an announcement was released to the CMs and their scripts adjusted to ensure they told all members calling effective immediately.

No - I would know that this is not included in the charge. Why would you assume that? DO you assume when you pay more for a meal that you don't have to tip?

But I will not valet at those prices...b/c it would easily go to $15 a day for me - assuming I am only in and out one time a day -

But I will not valet at those prices...b/c it would easily go to $15 a day for me - assuming I am only in and out one time a day -

I'm definately annoyed about the change and really cannot wait to see what MS has to say about my complaint. But in the end, I'll probably still pay it because in the scheme of things its a small amount of money and still an amazing deal in terms of cost.

But maybe the announcement is official and this is just an example of bad planning on Disney's perspective, maybe an announcement was released to the CMs and their scripts adjusted to ensure they told all members calling effective immediately.

Then that would be bad planning on DVC's part. Especially if it's effective immediately and you would have people pulling up to valet who don't know about the change. That will be a bad scene.

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So how far are the self-parking lots from each of the DVC resorts?

How about at AKL - Jambo. We are staying there in January and thought about driving to the parks some of the time.

I agree that WDW will have to re-designate some of the valet spaces to be self-park.

Also: What is the email and snail mail addresses to member complaints?

Then that would be bad planning on DVC's part. Especially if it's effective immediately and you would have people pulling up to valet who don't know about the change. That will be a bad scene.

And Disney never does things that represent poor planning?

What on earth would give you the idea that the fee includes tip? :confused3

Well, the change goes into effect tomorrow - why wouldn't MS tell people about it? Isn't it better that they told some people today than not say anything and truly spring it on people? (Not that telling some people means virtually all near-term guests won't be caught off guard by this change...) When is the official announcement going to come?

Great, and I arrived at the BWV next weekend. Anyone who has stayed there during food and wine knows what the parking at BWV is like. I sure hope they police it at least on the weekends, because we will be at the desk complaining if we can't find parking when we return from the parks or dining. Generally on the weekends during the F&W festival only resort guest can enter the parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter