No freezer in refurbed PBV Studios

Lorana

DIS Veteran
We just returned from a stay that included two connecting studios at PBV in the newly refurbished rooms. First, the refurb is beautiful, and we loved it. The murphy bed instead of a sofa bed was great (though my son said it was a little firm). But what I really wanted to let people know is that the mini-fridges in both studios we had did NOT have freezers in them, which threw a monkey wrench into our food plans. While I can't say if this is true in every PVB studio, it seems with the refurb freezers are out. :(

There was no freezer section in our VGF studio that we just left. However, the fruit on the highest shelf did freeze.:cold:

I have seen some older DVC studio units with fridges that had a small freezer compartment. None of the newer ones have them. Not a hardship for me. I don't buy frozen food for DVC stays for the most part and if I do buy something that is frozen it is fine for it to defrost slightly before I use it. I never expect to keep ice cream or something like that in them, unless it is one bedroom with a full size fridge.

We like to freeze ice sticks for water bottles, and frozen waffles is an easy breakfast food my kids enjoy, so we definitely found the freezer useful. We admittedly prefer 1BRs and 2BRs but had hoped to utilize studios more often to stretch points - especially once the boys are grown and it’s just the two of us. The loss of a freezer just feels like yet another thing DVC is taking away in terms of amenities, which is sad.

And of course something else disappears from our DVC rooms when they redo them. Who wood of thought that.

I remember when the lack of freezers first came up, DVC's answer was that "We surveyed our members and they'd rather have a larger refrigerator and no freezer." Somehow I don't remember that survey. I hate having to go down the hall to get ice cubes.

Plan on not having a freezer section in the studio and be pleasantly surprised if you get one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter