No Day But Today-A Third Installment of TigerCheer2009's Progress so Come On In!

Thanks for the cheers, friends!!

I finally think I'm doing something right in the way of this healthy living thing. It hit me that I wasn't doing what was right for me. So I wrote down stuff.

"Goals:
To be a healthier me emotionally physically and mentally.

How:
We'll we're starting from scratch..."

Page 2:
"Emotionally:

1) H.A.L.T! Don't let yourself get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired.
2) Before Bed Routine [routines in general make me feel productive: side note! :)]
3) Jen-time. Love yourself. This will be the hardest advice to follow since you're your own toughest critic and slow to praise. You're amazing and God loves you (even when you don't)."

Page 3:
"Physically (aka the most important page in the whole entire thing!!)

1) Fueling. Food=fuel. Remember that. Cut down on nothings like cake, juice and sorbet. Add more good fuel like salads, soups, pastas...THE FILLING STUFF. All in moderation. You don't need 3 hot dogs at work.
2) FJ. Be honest. Stick to it.
3) Exercise."

Page 4: (the last one!)
"Mentally:

1) After school routine
2) Learn how to say no [sidenote: I have a big heart and I'll do anything to help someone even if I don't want to and it stresses me out majorly]. You're saving yourself a LOT of agony if you really don't want it.
3) The scale DOES NOT, WILL NOT and WILL NEVER declare how I am as a person. No matter what. It's a number-pure and simple...not a race."

Then I signed it.

So far it's been working really well. I've noticed a cut down in nothing snacks. We have a whole cake I haven't even touched because it was a nothing. I've been getting more sleep and been more loving towards myself.

B:
1 cup cereal
2 slices toast with 1 TBSP peanut butter

L:
Pizza slice
1 serving bag of Rold Gold pretzels

S:
Didn't need one

D:
1/2 turkey sub (turkey, lettuce, extra tomato, mayo, cheese)
5 or 6 breadsticks

I did exercise today too. I really love it and actually look forward to it now. 13minute TM, 14 on the 'bike, 11 on the skimachine. I'm getting water in too.

Sounds like you've got a grip on things! Those pounds will start flying off in no time.

You are doing great and your positive attitude is definitely contagious!! :thumbsup2

I am exceptionally snacky right now. I'm chewing gum like it's going out of style.

B:
2 scrambled eggs with 3 slices thin shaved ham and cheddar
2 slices toast

L:
fish sandwich with cheese and mustard
single serving size bag of pretzels

S:
2 baked potatoes (small!!) with cheese
2 slices of cake :confused3 it happens, I guess. It was staring me in the FACE!
Strawberries
5 pieces of popcorn (not so fond of the stuff)

I didn't exercise today but I did walk to the softball game. I thought I needed a rest day :) I drank a liter of water and avoided the hot dogs and chips

Jen!

Love your 'thoughts' that you wrote down. I really like 'Mentally' number 3. If you don't mind, I am going to show these to my DD(10). She is more aware of having a healthy life style than before, and I am doing what I can to encouraging her.

Sounds like you are doing great!

Keep it up!

Wendy

Wendy-

By all means, go ahead. I posted these to share and give your DD my best. :)

Dinner:
Some pork (like 1/2 a slice)
Some chicken (like 5 bites of this HUGE piece)
LOTS of french fries
LOTS of tomatoes

Hi, Jen! Just popped in to tell you how much I enjoy visiting your journal and watching your "growth" as a person! :love: I think your journal ideas are very inspiring and right on target. When I look at my friends who are devout Christians I see in them a self-confidence that I envy. I realize it is because they are absolutely confident in God's love for them and the fact that "God doesn't make junk", as one of them told me recently. I am working on building that confidence in myself, and I am glad to see you reminding yourself that God loves you absolutely. So do your WISH friends! :hug:

Long time, no write, bad junk. It's been busy-I'm not going to make that an excuse. With busy-ness in work, in school, and in life in general that makes not good food choices on my part.

I completely lost the thread last week-TOM came in a major way, tests/fundraisers for school/work/school stuff (misc.) sent me into a curveball of survival eating [stressed? eat! tired? eat! celebrate? eat! throw a snit fit? eat! bored? eat!] and no exercising and that has NOT been good for me. Today I started back on track.

B: 1 medium baked potato with maybe 1/4 cup cheese :rolleyes:, strawberries
L: Sloppy joe, pineapple tidbits, 4 triangle potatoes, 2 bites of breadstick
S: I don't know. I'm thirsty, but we have some strawberry sorbet that is singing to me. I'll have my water first, and if I'm still hungry by the time I finish my drink I'll have 1/4 cup.
D: I work tonight, but a salad is sounding delicious. Maybe some soup, too, if it rains. Gum at work.

Thanks for that comment, Wendy! And thanks, Cam! I've been having a not-so-nice time in life right now with many friends riding on the drama-llama (not worth my time to get into their escapades).

Have a great day everyone!

You are right Jen. With a more active life style, food choices are based on speed and time not health and nutrition.

LOL I will have to remember Dram-llama. Sometimes I overhear the drama with the teenagers at work and I wonder if it was that bad when I was in high school! :rotfl:

Take care and we are here for you! Heck, I have been off track several times and all my Dis WISHers are here for me with open arms!:grouphug:

Have a great week!

Wendy

Um yeah. What is it with me not ever updating? This is the question that is rolling in my head.

The answer: WORK! I am rarely ever in my house anymore. I worked from 1 or 3 to 9 at the ice cream place (DQ) during the most busy nights this weekend [Fri/Sunday] and 3-6:15 today. I worked at my pharm. job Saturday 2-6. I have lots of homework and exams coming up, DQ starts closing at 10 starting tomorrow (but I have the day off! amen!), practices for band, academic "stuff" including but not limited to many academic awards banquets, HOBY leadership conference coming up (www.hoby.org <-- check it out!) and band concerts. Busy much?

During math homework today (after a 2 hour cooling off from work) I absolutely freaked out because I dislike math immensely (sp?) and felt so stressed-so I made unnecessary noises...like screaming and angry tears and the Five-Year-Old behavior came out (stomping and such). A temper tantrum is looking mighty good right now-I think I need to wear myself out so I can sleep.

Today I had:
I don't even remember breakfast. Wait. 2 slices toast with 1 TBSP peanut butter and strawberries.

Lunch was a corn dog, 3 or 4 waffle fries (they were burnt :(), 5 mini pretzel twists

Snack: 3 hot dogs. It was rainy and I was by myself at work for about an hour.

D: 3 or 4 breadsticks, and a 1/2 turkey sub with way too much mayo, lettuce and extra tomato.

Water to drink, but not enough to sink a ship.

I'm tired, I'm rambling and I miss having free time! Tomorrow I'm going to the pharmacy (I need to get a couple of things for a project-fingerpaint maybe), cashing checks, renewing my gym membership and EXERCISING :), doing homework, watching a movie and catching the new House...but not in that exact order.

I'm going to shower and attempt to get to be somewhat earlier than normal.

Just send hugs. Sorry for the long entry.

HI Jen!

You wanted hugs?

Here they are! :goodvibes

:grouphug: :hug:

And some flowers!

:flower3:

Keep on going strong! Oh the young, the energy you guys have! :goodvibes

Wendy

Hey Jen! How are you doing? The school year end well?

Thinking of you!

Wendy

School year's been busy. Food, and exercise have not been. It's been really stressful, but things are looking up because we've got a week left. I plan to focus more on portion size but the best laid plans...

Thanks Wendy-sorry I haven't been here much...but life has been wild.

Take care of yourself and keep up the great work!

I can understand the wildness of growing up and school! Maybe that is why I went back for a few more degrees after my childern were older! :)

Good luck!

Wendy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter