NJ DIS Meet to Benefit GKTW - July 16! $1750.00 RAISED!! WAY TO GO! UPDATE in #293!

Yea i live in Neptune. Haven't been active in a while. It's a family thing. My dad, sis and I are members there. What station is she out of in TF? I went to HS at MRHS and graduated in 2001

It really is a small world, she graduated from MRHS in 2009!
She is a member of TF first aid out of the north building.

Can't believe how many Monmouth County-ers there are.
I went to high school in Monmouth County too. Matawan Regional waaayy back in the early 70's though. Most of you weren't even a twinkle in your parent's eyes!! :hippie:
My parents lived in Red Bank after I graduated- until about 2003 I think (they're in Ocean County now). And I still have family in Oceanport.
I am in Burlington County- I crossed over to the "other side." :rotfl2:

I thought about a minor league baseball game too. Trenton Thunder- or Somerset Patriots would be fine. I live closest to the Camden Riversharks, but most people aren't too anxious to come to Camden. ;)

Okay, just popped into my noggin'...

DISers do Broadway!

Lion King, Mary Poppins, or Wicked
http://disney.go.com/theatre/

Disney Store Times Square
http://dcp.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=14528318&AlbumKey=KXSZT

Stardust Diner
http://www.ellensstardustdiner.com/about.html

We could get a group rate on tickets and keep cost low by going to a matinée. Everyone could donate an additional $10 for GKTW. Those who are unable to do the show could meet us at Disney Store and then join from there.

Thoughts?

i love the idea. i get limited time off this summer due to 2 disney trips, but I would love to do this. Penny:goodvibes

Hi gang,
Jersey is not that far from me. So i'm going to subscribe and hopefully i can make this one!

I just looked into it and we'd only need 15 people to get a group discount. We can also get discounts on souvenirs. The matinée would be significantly cheaper, too.

What town in Monmouth Cty?

And who do we need to bribe to bring a dish? :rotfl: j/k
That made me smile. :)
if it falls on my weekend off I can bring a dish :goodvibes
Hi gang,
Jersey is not that far from me. So i'm going to subscribe and hopefully i can make this one!

mrFDNY!!! LTNS!!!!!! OMG a blast from POP past!! how are you??? how's the family??? How old is the son now ??? :goodvibes

I just looked into it and we'd only need 15 people to get a group discount. We can also get discounts on souvenirs. The matinée would be significantly cheaper, too.

if it falls on my weekend off I am In :)

My thinking was that if anyone is unable to go to the show, they could join us afterwards for the rest of the meet. We could go to the Times Square Disney Store for a bit and then Ellen's Stardust Diner which is always lots of fun. I'm not positive on how far the store is from the restaurant, but I know it isn't terribly far. I went to see Blue Man Group for my birthday and we walked to the restaurant from it.

I have not done a DISMeet before but have subscribed to follow along. I have to say I would love the theater DISmeet -- and even with adding extra for GKTW would not make it cost prohibitive.

For sure a NYC/Mary Poppins get together would be expensive without adding extra for GKTW.

I've been to LOMB more times than I can count - you can reserve tables but only in the off season. there are LOTS of picnic tables for get togethers but they are first come first served so someone would have to get there really early. Its a very fun park for the 2-9 crowd --- really fun water park area plus carnival type rides on the "dry side". Kids older than that would not be quite as thrilled.

just my two cents!

The Disney Store in Times Square is at 45th St and Ellen's is at 51st St - both on Broadway- 0.3 miles apart.
We love Ellen's- but it is always busy and pretty tightly packed in there. I checked their website- wondering about reservations. They do accept "tour groups" but have a fixed price menu and require pre-ordering entrees at least 24 hrs ahead. Dinner was $27/person on their posted 2009-10 menu. Plus 8.85% tax and 18% gratuity.

I'm all for a Broadway meet ( really am), but I'm afraid this is awfully pricey for a GKTW event. Figure $80 for a show ticket, another $35 for dinner. Add train fare or parking & gas to get into NYC. Well over $100 per person. And that's before a donation is made for the kids.

I love your idea Nikki :goodvibes- I just think it's too expensive for most people right now.
And I'd love to participate in a Broadway DIS meet sometime. But I've seen all 3 shows mentioned, so I probably won't spring for tickets this time. (anyone for Priscilla, Queen of the Desert??:woohoo:)

I am still up for a NEW JERSEY meet!!! (but in New Jersey ;))
Anyone still interested in that?

I have not done a DISMeet before but have subscribed to follow along. I have to say I would love the theater DISmeet -- and even with adding extra for GKTW would not make it cost prohibitive.

For sure a NYC/Mary Poppins get together would be expensive without adding extra for GKTW.

I've been to LOMB more times than I can count - you can reserve tables but only in the off season. there are LOTS of picnic tables for get togethers but they are first come first served so someone would have to get there really early. Its a very fun park for the 2-9 crowd --- really fun water park area plus carnival type rides on the "dry side". Kids older than that would not be quite as thrilled.

just my two cents!

We could get there REALLY early! We live close by. maybe we need to have a list of those who are interested in a meet, and the ages of children or might be attending.

I love the theater idea Nikki, but just getting into the city with kids could be a hassle. Going to the Disney Store could be torturous - it's a great idea for adults though.

back to the drawing board?

park picnic, bring a dish and games for the kids sounds insteresting.... just throwing in my half a penny;) and throw in a lil pin trading and vynilamatiopn for the youngin's !!! we can even have a theme... Fiestas!!! Ohhh now that brings back Mexico at World Showcase memories!!!

Okay, back to the drawing board. lol ;)

Thoughts on Cars 2 at Bridgewater AMC Dine-In?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter