Nike+ Sportwatch GPS vs. Garmin Forerunner 10

Nike+ user for the positives mentioned above, I use it with both a footpod (allows me to get out the house and start right away w/o waiting for satellites) and with Polar HR monitor.

The NikePlus website is great, intuitive, and you can customize the unit as well.

What is everyone's experience with accuracy of their watches? In smaller races the Nike is almost right on with distance and pacing but falls off in the Disney marathon, likely to the large crowds being unable to take the shortest line, etc., i.e. 26.64 miles on GPS for Disney marathon

Paces compared to the chip times:

0-5 mi pace, GPS was 0:13/mi off
5-10 mi pace, GPS was 0:11/mi off
10-13.1 mi pace, GPS was 0:13 off
13.1-20 mi pace, GPS was 0:03 off
20-26.2 mi pace, GPS was 0:14 off

What is everyone's experience with accuracy of their watches? In smaller races the Nike is almost right on with distance and pacing but falls off in the Disney marathon, likely to the large crowds being unable to take the shortest line, etc., i.e. 26.64 miles on GPS for Disney marathon

My Disney marathon came in at 26.6 and I 100% attribute that to the runner not being able to take the shortest line, nothing to do with my (Garmin) GPS. I figure the GPS was pretty much accurate, there.

Disney is a bad measure to start with when looking for a measure of accuracy. W-I-F hit the nail on the head - you simply cannot run the tangents so you will be running long.

I think the closest measure I have had in the WDW Marathon is a 26.4 and change. It was still a split start and I was able to clear the merge point with little crowd... making the rest of the race feel like a small race.

Probably doesn't matter now, but for future visitors to the thread...
I like the Nike+ Sportwatch GPS.

I really like the website/user interface. I compared to my brother-in-law's garmin and I felt the Nike one was more entertaining.

I use it with the footpod, it is fairly accurate, less so indoors. The problem with using it indoors, is that it calibrates the footpod to the GPS when you run outside, when I then go on a treadmill I tend to run faster and footpod shorts me on the distance.

The bonus that the NIKE has that is missing from the Garmin Forerunner 10 is the HR monitor. I use mine, not that it makes much difference in my training strategy, but I like the data.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter