Nike....laying off workers

I'm still a long way from being a senior and I love them. I'm in a pair right now, but I wouldn't wear them to the parks or anything else where I'm going to put more than 5,000 or so steps on them. For that I've got my Hokas and New Balance.
I only do 6-7 hours at the absolute most in usually two parks in a day. That time would be a few hours in the morning and then some Epcot in the late afternoon evening with a break in my room in between.

I'll often change shoes after my first park visit also.

Almost any comfortable shoe works for me, even flip flops.

If I didn't go so often and did full days, I'd maybe need some really great shoe.

Oh heck! A full day in any park? Never going to happen.

Nike are not the best if you overpronate, so I don’t eat them.

I like sketchers sandals, but for regular shoes, ASICS work for me. I want to try Hokas. My friend walked around Europe for a month in hokas. I work in a hospital and many employees wear hokas now.

Nike are not the best if you overpronate, so I don’t eat them.

I like sketchers sandals, but for regular shoes, ASICS work for me. I want to try Hokas. My friend walked around Europe for a month in hokas. I work in a hospital and many employees wear hokas now.
I religiously wear Asics Trail shoes.. For me their trail shoe works the best. go through 2 pairs a year

Nike is taking a huge hit at the moment with MLB fans - they released new uniforms for this year and they look cheap and the pants are see through. Just a huge swing and a miss for them.

Nike is taking a huge hit at the moment with MLB fans - they released new uniforms for this year and they look cheap and the pants are see through. Just a huge swing and a miss for them.
I think some of the hit that Nike is taking is misplaced. The uniforms are being made by Fanatics based on Nike designs. Nike not specifying material and things like sewn on patches is partially on them, but not completely.

I think some of the hit that Nike is taking is misplaced. The uniforms are being made by Fanatics based on Nike designs. Nike not specifying material and things like sewn on patches is partially on them, but not completely.
This is more Nike than Fanatics, who is merely the contractor and delivering on the design specs laid out by Nike. It is just another episode of strategic decisions going south for them.

This is more Nike than Fanatics, who is merely the contractor and delivering on the design specs laid out by Nike. It is just another episode of strategic decisions going south for them.
Totally agree. When MLB made the move from Majestic it has been downhill. I never liked the Nike swoosh on the uniforms. Not knowing how the contracts are written but I sure would think that someone at MLB had to sign off on the new designs?? Probably the same person that ok'd the All-Star uniforms from last year, ugh

I used to only wear Nike and a few years ago I ended that trend. They should have stuck to just selling sneakers!

Nikes are usually on the narrow side and they don't make wide sizes.
Nike makes wide sizes, just not in everything. I own two pairs of Nikes, a pair of Air Monarchs and a pair or running shoes, both are a wide size.
Saw a picture of the Milwaukee Brewers home uniforms today. You can read the tag on the jersey, through the pants. Everyone failed at this one, could you imagine if Nike put out a product like that on the field for the women's soccer team?

Nike makes wide sizes, just not in everything. I own two pairs of Nikes, a pair of Air Monarchs and a pair or running shoes, both are a wide size.
Saw a picture of the Milwaukee Brewers home uniforms today. You can read the tag on the jersey, through the pants. Everyone failed at this one, could you imagine if Nike put out a product like that on the field for the women's soccer team?
I didn't even think about that!

There have been some very PG-13 photos of players hitting the internet. I'm a Braves season ticket holder so it's gonna be an interesting season for me in the stands unless they make changes.

It will be interesting to see how the jersey sales project over the season. There will be an uptick in sales when a player jumps to a new team, young kids growing up and their parents buying the bigger sizes but if they don't look good to the masses then I see a drop off coming.

I would probably never buy Nike shoes ever again. in my opinion, they mismanaged how they have handled female athletes.

I haven’t worn Nike’s since the mid 90s. Rarely do I buy them for my kids. Too expensive for a shoe that doesn’t last. They’re popular locally. There’s a warehouse in Memphis with a company store that you have to be an employee to shop at. Went once on a friends pass and wasn’t impressed. The discount was like an outlet store, overpriced, but people had baskets full. If I’m spending $150 on a pair of shoes they’re going to be quality and feel good on my feet. I’ll pay that for Chacos, Brooks, Hokas, Merrill, and Keene. Not Nike.

Hokas are the hot shoe right now.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/31/business/hoka-sneakers-running/index.html

Perhaps it and other brands are eating into Nike's market share.
There are many of us who find Nike never was a comfortable fit for their type of feet. New Balance or Asics seemed to be popular default for many

I was excited to discover & try my 1st pair of hokas, one-one, over two years ago. The model is recommended for those of us who supinate. Ugh, the foam broke down so much faster than any other shoe I tried. :rolleyes1

I don’t consider myself a runner, do 5Ks and most of that is just walking, fastish Not like i beat them, didn’t even make it to 100 miles before the foam basically collapsed on outside of shoe.

Had thot maybe defective. When I had podiatrist appt., she took one look at my shoes and said to toss them. she is also a marathon runner, knows her stuff. She said that model is “infamous” for that. :confused3

She suggested Brooks or Saucony. I went with the latter, Ride model, as I wanted the higher cushion. I love them, holding up amazingly well over a year later. Although they do run narrow & small. Also, my feet tend to get soaked when it rains.

Nike has always appealed to certain demographic. Maybe the love is fading.

What certain demographic would that be?
I say this out of respect Tippy because you always bring a lot of thoughtful insight to the boards but I don't think it really matters, @DCLMP was just stating a thought/opinion and not looking for a debate. Just like my OP asking if it was bad management, being woke, combination of both or as another poster mentioned, it might be neither.
Debates are best left to the controversial topic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter