Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle

marcar12

Mouseketeer
The Nighttime Lights are a fairly new thing, right? Has anyone seen them yet? They are at Islands of Adventure, correct? I would love to hear the scoop. Is it once per night? How long is it? Where is a good place to watch it from? Does it happen every night? Will it be something we can plan to watch on our trip this fall, or is it a seasonal thing?

Sorry for so many questions! Please fill me in on as much as you can :) Thank you!

You are referring to the light show that is on Hogwarts Castle in Hogsmeade. It is a nice light show of the Houses represented at Hogwarts ( Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin). I saw it in January and it was pretty awesome.

It was started during the Celebration of Harry Potter event in January.

I have heard they are possibly going to keep it going throughout the year.

Hogsmeade village fills up pretty quick before the show. Best place to view as far as I’am concerned is near the stage where they have the Frog Choir performance.

At present they are showing it on select nights. They had the nights listed on the Universal Orlando Website.

Hogsmeade is located in Islands of Adventure.

Found my park map from my visit at end of February and it is listed the time it was going to be shown on 3/3 as ongoing from 7:30 pm til park closing. But those times will change for future shows as we have gone forward an hour in Florida so they will for sure have it later when it’s getting dark.

Last edited:
It was a nice little show, only about 5 minutes I think, running multiple times per night. I saw it once from in front of the castle and once from the bridge to see 2 different angles. Everyone has to approach from the Lost Continent side though, if you are walking from Jurassic Park area they will detour you back that way.

The first show of the night was packed when I was there. Aim to be there earlier than it starts, or wait 30min or more for the crowd to disperse and hit a later showing. The first night I went (Sat), they filled to capacity around the castle and didn't let anyone through until the show finished and that group of spectators moved on.

It is a short but great light and music show. I also watched from near the stage area, it's a nice clear view.

Anyone know how the view from the outdoor seating area at Three Broomsticks would be? There is a pretty nice view of the castle from the tables and railing back there.

I’m wondering how it’s going to work now with day light savings time. First show is at 8:45 and the parks close at 9. Are they just going to run it twice?

I’m wondering how it’s going to work now with day light savings time. First show is at 8:45 and the parks close at 9. Are they just going to run it twice?

Last few nights the first show has been at 8pm.......we’ve watched the show twice around 8.30.

It wasn’t busy like the Christmas one was, not sure how busy the first show of the evening was, but definitely less crowded when we’ve seen it.

Strangely GS told Club Level staff first show was on at 8.30......but it was earlier. Think the last one tonight finished just after 9pm.

The photos I've seen are stunning. I hope they keep it. Our trip is in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter