Nicole's Journey-Marathon Dreams (Comments appreciated)

AWESOME, Nicole!

Weight is down, knee is better. Your run was GREAT!!!

Hope next week is as good to you!

Great job on your runs, Nicole!!! You are doing so well. I am glad to hear your knees are feeling better and the adjustment to your back may have helped. That is awesome the you ran your fastest 5 miles, you must be soooooooo happy!!

Hope you have a great week! i am going to try to keep up with all the journals this week, since it is a slow week for me!

Been a few days since I checked in, I have been doing pretty well. Did a good toning session on Monday, worked mainly upper body, since my knee is still sore, and I am losing the nail on the second toe of my right foot, and it is sore as well. My upper body is sore from the workout, and because I am beginning archery! They are starting a league at work, and there were only 3 other women interested, and they needed a 4th. So for my b-day, in a month, I am getting a new bow. I already have it on layaway, and they will let me shoot it in the lanes at my store, until it is paid for. I am very excited about it, but I did not realize that it would make me this sore! :eek:
I also did 3 miles yesterday, on the TM! I hate the TM, don't think I have mentioned that before. :laughing: But I did pretty good. Ran the whole thing, did 3.11 miles in 36:28. Not terribly fast, but I got thru it, and that makes today a rest day. I will be bouncing off the walls this afternoon, without a workout, but that's ok, DH is out of town, so it is just DD and I for the night. We had some crazy weather here yesterday, rain for over 24 hours straight, that was sometimes hail, sometimes slush sometimes ice, and sometimes huge flakes of snow. It was also incredibly windy. But today is sunny, so hopefully no more tm!!!
I have also been doing really well with the diet, I am steadily and regularly losing weight. I am now down to 209.4! I just hope it will keep going! I am dreading the day when I plauteau again, the last one lasted almost 3 months. I am really hoping that this weight loss stretch will last equally as long, or longer!

Sounds like you are having a great week, Nicole! That's great!

Archery!! When I used to teach at the high school level, Archery was my favorite unit to teach to the kids. That is one activity I miss teaching the most. Now, the only time I get to shoot any arrows is during the summer at my summer camp job! Sounds like a lot of fun though to be in a league...hope you enjoy it!!

Keep up the good work! I hope your knee is feeling all better!

Hey Nicole--just checking in to see how you are doing! I hope you had a great weekend, and your training is going well!!

Wow, haven't chkd in for a while! Things have been kinda hectic. I have been keeping up with my workouts, some better then others. We did 9 miles on Sun, I made it through, but walked alot! It got into the low 80's before we finished. I made it in almost exactly 2 hrs. Definitely not fast, but hey, I made it 9 miles! My weight is still doing pretty good. TOM is putting in her appearance, so I was at 207.6, but went up to 208, and have stayed there the last few days. I can deal with that. I will try to find time to check in with other peoples journals in the next day or 2.

Laurie- I am still around, still training, things are just weird right now, and kinda seem to be in a holding pattern. My miles keep increasing, and I am starting to struggle a bit to get them all in, since it is getting hotter and hotter out.

Glad to hear your training is going well!!

9 miles!! That is awesome! I remember back in the beginning when you first started and a few miles seemed so far! You are doing soooooo..... GREAT!!
Keep up the good work.

I hear you about the temps rising. It has been nice here so far, but as the temps rise, it will be harder and harder. Although that will be good training for WDW marathon! I have to laugh because not too long ago we were wishing warmer temps would get here and now it is getting to hot! We can't win, can we!! :rotfl:

Keep up the good work!!

Things have been so hectic lately. Sorry I haven't had time to check in much. I have been having some trouble with my knees, both of them have been hurting pretty bad. I was supposed to do 3 mi on Wed, 5 mi on Thu and 3 mi on Fri. I ended up running 3 mi Wed, walking 3 mi on Thu, and running about 1 mile of the 3 mi on Fri, walking the rest. My knees just hurt to much. Yesterday was a rest day, and today we did 10 miles! I did it in 2 hrs 12 mins. Still going very slow, but I made it 10 miles. Thankfully without too much running this week, me knees were feeling much better for today. It was just about perfect weather, so I know that helped me get through it. It was about 55, and breezy. But, my DD is sick again, so she was up most of the night coughing and feverish, so I was really worried how that would effect the run, but it went really good. I am very pleased, since I have been really worried about how these higher mileage runs would be. The only problems I am having besides my knees are my second toes on both feet. I am getting blisters under the nails, they get really painful, until I pop them, then they are just sore. Other than that and a few small blisters on my big toe and third toe, I am feeling suprisingly good.
Laurie- Thanks for the encouragement, it is crazy with the weather, for a while I was feeling like I would never get to run outside, because of all the snow, and now all of a sudden I have to worry about running early enough to avoid the heat! It is crazy! :eek:

Hey Nicole--I hear you about things being hectic. Not only have I had trouble keeping up with the boards, but i have had trouble keeping up with my training!!

Sorry to hear your knees were hurting. I hope they are feeling better!

10 miles!! That is so great! At this point, the time doesn't matter, finishing the distance is the most important. You are doing so great. Just think about how a few months ago, a mile seemed so long, and now you did 10!!! YOu are going to do great in January!!!

as for the blisters. I have been having problems with blisters on my second toe also. the guy at the running store told me that I may need to get my shoes a 1/2 size bigger when i get new shoes. So, i am going to try that and hopefully it will work. You should check at a local running store and tell them about your blisters and they can check to make sure you have the right size. Somebody else also told me they sell socks that prevent blisters. I haven't found them yet, but if I do I will let you know how they work!

Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks for the encouragement, it is crazy with the weather, for a while I was feeling like I would never get to run outside, because of all the snow, and now all of a sudden I have to worry about running early enough to avoid the heat! It is crazy! :eek:

I can totally emphathize with you, that's exactly how I feel about the weather. Plus, we're getting afternoon storms every day, are you too? You're doing great, I was reading through some of your journal, as I remembered you were from CO too. Keep up the good work!

Hi Nicole! :)

I just read through your journal and I really wanted to post here and say that I am really impressed with your training! I ran the WDW marathon in 2007. I am currently training to run again at Disney in '08. I will continue to follow your journey and hopefully be able to offer you some encouragement along the way :).

I hope you are super proud of yourself for all that you have accomplished since you started your journal in December! Those miles are really adding up and it's wonderful to see you progress so quickly! And congratulations on your weight loss....you really have such a healthy attitude toward exercise and nutrition. It's very inspiring.

Good luck as you continue training and I'll be popping in here from time to time to see how your running is going! :goodvibes

Hi Nicole :wave:

Like Amy, I was flipping through your journal and just wanted to stop by and say way to go!! You've done so much since December! Congrats on your loss and your accomplishments. I'm far from an expert, but it looks like you have an excellent plan in place and it's cool to see that you are sticking to it with such a refreshing positive attitude.

I ran my first marathon in January and like you, went through a weight loss period over the course of the year leading up to it. I wish you the best of luck and hope you achieve all that you've set out to do :)

Hi Nicole! I skimmed your journal today. Congrats on getting to 10 miles!

Keep taking the time for yourself. You are a great role model for your dd and all of us here on WISH.

:goodvibes

Hey Nicole! Just checking in to see how your training is going!! I hope all is well with you!

I hope you had a great Mother's Day!!

Hey everyone, thanks for stopping by and posting. I have been continuing on with my training, we ran 12 miles on Sun, it took 2 hrs 42 mins, but it was really hot by the end, so we ended up doing a lot of walking. We are doing 13 miles this Sat, on my 32nd b-day. My weight has continued to drop, I am at 202.4 right now, hoping to hit 199.9 by this weekend, but not sure if it will actually happen. I have been having some emotional difficulties, I think somewhat due to the weight loss, I have always been the fat girl, and I am not anymore, I am in a 14, and I can actually shop for regular clothes. I am proud of myself, but I don't know the person in the mirror right now, and it has been a difficult transition, that I was not expecting. I had it in my head that things would get better and better as the weight came off, and I never thought about the fact that I have been the fat girl since I was 19, and I don't really know how to be "normal" sized.
Anyway, I will try to catch up with everyone soon, and hopefully things will settle in and I can get back to posting regularly.
Thanks for all the support!!
Nicole

Hey Nicole--First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! (belated that is!)

You are doing so great on your training and weight loss!! I remember when you first started your journal and you were only doing a few miles and now you are up to 13 miles!! You are doing so great!!!!!

As for the emotional feelings, hang in there! It may be hard, but what you are doing is making your body healthier!

Hope you are having a great weekend, and I hope you run went great!!

Hey Nicole--Haven't heard from you in awhile, and I wanted to check in to see how your training is going. I hope all is well with you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Hey Nicole--I was thinking about you today, and I was wondering how you were doing?? Haven't heard from you in awhile. I hope all is well and your training is still on track.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter