Nick Hotel review 5/2 - 5/4

This is a great review. Very helpful and extremely entertaining. We are considering this hotel for 1 might in Dec 09. I am so torn because I've heard terrible reviews, but feel the kids DD-8 and DS-6 would talk about being slimed forever. (Even though I know it's just a big bucket of green water in the pool). We're Disney Vacation Club Members so I'm fairly sure it maybe quite an experience at the Nick for 1-night, but again I know the kids will enjoy it and then we're over to Disney's Old Key West for 7 nights.

Also, for the "show" that everyone is talking about do kids actually get slimed in that show or do you just watch a movie?

We're braving it and staying for 1 night in August before we head over to Disney. We got an awesome deal through Travelzoo ($89) and figured it would cost the same or more for a day at a waterpark. You also get a place to crash, shower and a large video game room. For one night I figure it'll be worth it. We can always head out early the next day if we're not impressed or stay as long as we want if we like it. Seems like a no-brainer. I'll report on our experience later in August. :cool1:

We are booked - stuck - and no changing it - the kids are SO excited

:sad2:

I agree with all the other posters - your review was hysterical! I'm sorry that your experience was bad, thats awful when your long planned and anticipated vacation becomes a huge bummer

Any tips for those of us STUCK with rotting peach pits?

We are going for 5 nights on our way to the Disney Cruise. I already booked and paid extra for cabanas, slime time, etc.

We have two of the very biggest suites - which cost us about 350/night!

Should we call every morning and ask for housekeeping?

Any particular building to ask for?

And I have been debating between rental cars and just cabbing - maybe I should cab to avoid the walk back from Epcot when I park at the hotel.

Sorry to t/j your report - but I am panicked now that we made a mistake letting our kids talk us into to Nick Hotel! We have only every stayed at GF, YC, AKL, BW, etc.

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

I agree with your review 100%. It was funny but right on. I am writting this in 2013 so I guess they haven't changed. We stayed at the Nick Hotel in Orlando last week, from Thurday to Sunday and we had the SAME issues. WAY too many people at the pool and not enough chairs for everybody. They have 4 cabanas but they charge $275.00 per day which is crazy!!! I have stayed at cheap hotels and expensive hotels and whenever we leave a room, it is cleaned by the time we come back, that did not happen at the NICK HOTEL. Friday when we came back to the hotel after a long day, we had no clean towels and beds were not made, housekeeping had not been there all day. We called and they sent somebody. When the lady showed up, she asked if we wanted the room cleaned and our beds made and we were like "Duhhh". Same thing happened on Saturday the only difference was that when we walked in the room after a long day, somebody had left a huge bag of dirty towels smack dab in the middle of the living room, the beds were not made and bathroms had not been cleaned. SERIOUSLY!!!!! That place is not cheap, they shoud care about their guests. I WILL NEVER STAY AT THAT HOTEL AGAIN AND I AM TELLING EVERYBODY.

Thanks for the review. I'm sure my kids would have loved the Nick Hotel when they were a little younger, but it seemed to me that it would be kind of like being forced to spend the night at a Chuck E. Cheese, so we never stayed there. That hotel isn't cheap and no hot water or fresh towels isn't something you would expect for what they charge.

Della Disney: fantastic metaphor! It IS like spending the night at Chuck E. Cheese!

We stayed 2 nights at Nick Hotel about 1.5 years ago in mid-June. Didn't have OP's problems (wasn't too crowded, had hot water), and the kids loved it, but you really are a martyr for your kids staying there. The food at the character breakfast and dinner is Old Country Buffet level (I much prefer even Hollywood & Vine's lunch), and costs about the same as a Disney character lunch (that has salmon and other good food).

The only thing I remember complaining about was that I had to wear shoes inside our suite - the carpet just can't stay dry (or clean) between the water park and the FL humidity, I guess. (Our room was on the 3rd floor, facing the smaller water park - I liked the location.) Then again, I've been to homes in the area with carpeting and none were damp. Oh - and it is wildly overpriced.

I booked 1 night for the Turtle Dinner but not planning on spending the night. I got a really good rate for the room with all the fees and taxes for under 130.00 and adding the $$ for the meal, it still comes out cheaper than the dinner at Cinderella's castle.

You don't think that I will have any problem with checking in and then about 4 to 5 hours later checking out do you? I was thinking about letting the kids swim a little but after reading the above posts not to sure about that.

Anything else that is a must do?

I booked 1 night for the Turtle Dinner but not planning on spending the night. I got a really good rate for the room with all the fees and taxes for under 130.00 and adding the $$ for the meal, it still comes out cheaper than the dinner at Cinderella's castle.

You don't think that I will have any problem with checking in and then about 4 to 5 hours later checking out do you? I was thinking about letting the kids swim a little but after reading the above posts not to sure about that.

Anything else that is a must do?

mmouse: you don't check out - you just leave (assuming you put a credit card on file when you check in). So, as long as you leave by the morning check out time (10am IIRC), I can't imagine they know or care when you leave.

I thought about not actually checking out after we eat - but we aren't spending the night - In contacting Nick - my only options of getting a copy of the receipt was either - checking out at the front desk or calling from the room phone. We wouldn't get a receive receipt if we just left the keys in the room.

I am a little leery to not get a receipt, because if I never go to the room - which is a possiblity - and leave the room keys in the room, I may be charged for more than 1 night.

I am guessing that no one has ever done what I am proposing to do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter