News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't have happened in the first place it my main point. it happened due to the lack of work on the tree when the budget was slashed. That tree stopped getting the care it deserved.
I think there was always a slight chance that it could happen. That stuff gets weakened by major storms in Florida some hurricane force and then no repairs equal chance of falling branches.

Disneyland's 59th anniversary is today! They will be announcing some of the upcoming things for the 60th next year today as well.

This weekends Harambe Nights event is completely sold out. Tickets are still available for the last three weekends of the event but I would act fast.

Haunted Mansion animated special is coming.

From TVLINE

* Disney Television Animation is developing Haunted Mansion, a Disney Channel/Disney XD special inspired by the popular Disney Parks ride. Gris Grimly (Gris Grimly’s Wicked Nursery Rhymes) is attached to art direct, while Phineas and Ferb’s Scott Peterson and Joshua Pruett will pen the script.

1. Available now through to September 17 2014, Passholders can get a 30% discount off the regular menu. If you haven't checked it out already, read our detailed Spice Road Table review.

2. If you are booking the Wishes Dessert Party at the Magic Kingdom, be aware that a new reservation timing policy is now in place.

At the time of booking, guests are now given a 6pm reservation time, regardless of when the actual Wishes fireworks show will take place. The Dessert Party itself begins 1 hour before the performance of Wishes that night.

At the time of reservation, agents are advising guests to call two weeks before their reservation to confirm the Wishes performance time and the opening of Dessert Party.

3. Latest look at the Disney springs parking Garage construction. http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...ngs-west-side-parking-garage-construction.htm

4. The premium package for 'Frozen Summer Fun - LIVE! at Disney's Hollywood Studios' has now sold out for all remaining dates.

The $59 'Frozen Summer Fun' Premium Package provides a reserved viewing area for Anna and Elsa's Royal Welcome procession, reserved seating for a showing of 'For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration' show, and a dessert party viewing of the 'Frozen' Fireworks Spectacular.

Day guests can continue to take part in all of the events, but without the premium package events.

5. UPDATE: 2:40pm - Blizzard Beach has reopened to all guests.

PREVIOUSLY:

Blizzard Beach has hit capacity and is currently closed to some guests.

Phase 3 close began at around 1pm July 18 2014. Typhoon Lagoon remains open to all guests.

All of this via WDWmagic.com

Steel is starting to go up in the new marketplace causeway for Disney Springs. This bridge will help flow traffic by the lego store and rainforest cafe.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...up-on-disney-springs-marketplace-causeway.htm

The Fantasia Gardens mini golf Gardens course will be closing for a staggered refurbishment over the next couple of weeks.

The Gardens course will be closed from July 22 to 25, July 28 to August 1 and August 4 to 8 2014. The Fairways course will not be closing and will remain open as normal.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/recreation/...red-refurbishment-over-the-next-few-weeks.htm

Harambe Nights' at Disney's Animal Kingdom is coming to a close with only three more weekends to go.

July 26 and August 9 are both now sold out, with just August 2 standard seating still available. All but one night has so far sold out, so if you want to attend this year, make reservations soon, as it would seem likely August 2 will also sell out.

I am hearing that the Peoplemover refurb may be extended because it will not be done in time. I am also hearing the new paint scheme is starting to show and is strange. I will be there starting saturday and will try to get photos of all the on going things in WDW. With that others may have to step in and give some news as I will be on vacation. I will try and report as much as possible, we will see how POR wifi is.

I am hearing that the Peoplemover refurb may be extended because it will not be done in time. I am also hearing the new paint scheme is starting to show and is strange. I will be there starting saturday and will try to get photos of all the on going things in WDW. With that others may have to step in and give some news as I will be on vacation. I will try and report as much as possible, we will see how POR wifi is.

NO!!! This is one of the major things, I have been wanting to ride, for almost 20 years....please don't be true!

I have some spirited news tonight. Some of it has been discussed in the past mainly just a comparison of what is happening in the disney parks around the world.

WDW- Pandora 2017/2018 , Disney Springs, and Frozen takes over maelstrom, oh then there is DVC too... Wishes replacement in 18-22 months, Star Wars keeps getting moved around no timetable

DLR- New night parade, new castle show, new fireworks show, refurbs of all fantasyland attractions, special entertainment throughout the year, and a new WoC.
Soon after that monstropolis for DCA and Star wars for Tomorrowland

DLP- has a lot of plans but has a lot of debt that disney needs to deal with first

Hong Kong- Iron man attraction, new night parade, new day parade, new deluxe hotel, and a new expansion that will be announced soon

And then Shanghai of course

Any idea how long it might be extended? Are we talking days or a week or two? Or significantly longer? This is my wife's favorite ride in all of WDW. Our first park day will be August 25, so I'd like to soften the blow about her not being able to ride it if that is the case.

And thanks for all of the hard work in keeping us all updated on all of the goings-on!

Any idea how long it might be extended? Are we talking days or a week or two? Or significantly longer? This is my wife's favorite ride in all of WDW. Our first park day will be August 25, so I'd like to soften the blow about her not being able to ride it if that is the case.

And thanks for all of the hard work in keeping us all updated on all of the goings-on!

It depends on how long they need to finish. All I know is I have heard reported that may need to extend it because they are running behind schedule. That like you said could mean days or weeks.

Disney has released Military discounts
At Walt Disney World Resort – from Aug. 25, 2014, through Sept. 30, 2015, active and retired U.S. military personnel (including active and retired members of the United States Coast Guard, National Guard and Reservists) or their spouses can purchase:

Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper Option for $177 each, plus tax
Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Water Park Fun and More Option for $177 each, plus tax
Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More Options for $207 each, plus tax
Walt Disney World tickets may be used Sept. 28, 2014, through Oct. 3, 2015, except that the tickets may not be used Dec. 22, 2014 through Jan. 2, 2015 and Mar. 29 through April 9, 2015.

For more info on the tickets and rates visit this link
http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/wal...-pricing-and-room-rates-for-u.s.-military.htm

It depends on how long they need to finish. All I know is I have heard reported that may need to extend it because they are running behind schedule. That like you said could mean days or weeks.
Yeah, I figured you wouldn't be able to give a concrete answer, but one never knows what your sources know, so it couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks for the reply!

The Harambe nights remaining have now officially sold out. It is yet to be seen if disney will extend this event or if it will continue next year. With it being so popular one would assume disney would keep it.

Oh you can bet that the event will return.....very popular and plenty of money. Win win for both sides. Also just so everyone already knows....with Rteetz leaving their is a good chance your news wont come as frequent or as fast......you've been warned.

Oh you can bet that the event will return.....very popular and plenty of money. Win win for both sides. Also just so everyone already knows....with Rteetz leaving their is a good chance your news wont come as frequent or as fast......you've been warned.

I will report what I can but it will probably be late at night after I am back from the parks. I will also try to report things that I see when I am there including what is going on in DTD, and with the people mover refurb.

Here is a DTD update from a couple days ago. You can see they are starting to roof the new restaurant that will be the boathouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter