News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressive, but I think this attraction would make me nauseous.
If I ever get the chance to ride this in the U.S. I'll be worried about that as well. A lot will have to do with how the ride vehicle moves with the graphics. I'm really excited for Mario and the gang to come but I'll have to def. watch out for the types of rides. MIB sometimes gives me a nauseous feeling just because of the whipping around it does.

Not that they need to, but I wonder if Disney has ever looked at this as another promotion (once all this has calmed down). Probably wouldn't cost them much and they would probably more than make up for the lost ticket sales in hotel rooms and souvenirs and food as WDW would become a LOT more affordable for larger families with small children. Considering children under 5 can't (or don't want) to go on a lot of rides -- it probably turns people away to pay $100/day for a kid that may not do much but enjoy the parades and shows. I know lots of people that don't go because "my child is too young to do anything there."

My daughter went to WDW four times before she was three (almost five times) because it was infinitely cheaper to do an Annual Pass year with one less ticket. I'll probably never spend that much time/money on WDW again (in a year's time) because the cost to go has gone up significantly now that she is 3. So BECAUSE she was free -- I spent more money on property. If would have had to pay $1200 for her AP that year? I may have stayed offsite, opted for less food/souvenirs, etc.
just wait until she is 13 and they count her as an adult!

Universal News/PSA

Mario Kart Ride footage is now spreading across the internet
I watched that and still have no idea what the ride system or ride vehicle is, and I can’t decide if that’s impressive or concerning.

Very excited for 2029* when it finally comes to
Florida

*no I don’t know anything but cmon it’s gonna be delayed for a while now

My ESPN login for fantasy football is not the same as my login for the WDW world site. I also can't save them as different logins in LastPass because it overrides the other.
Weird. The Go network unified logins something like 15 years ago!

So basically they keep their merch discounts until Disney figures out what the new program looks like.
I guess since that is all you can do at DLR right now -- shop .. that's good. I hope (for those out there) the rumors are true and they may open up Avengers Campus just for shopping and dining.

Just weird they way they announce these things. You'd think they would announce this Legacy Passholder "benefit" at the SAME TIME they announce they are taking the APs away to soften the negative PR blowback. *shrug*

It feels like this is a panic move to alleviate some of the negative feedback they inevitably got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter