News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Sunday! :)

I'm not sure I'll ride this lol, but it does sound/look so awesome!!

I’m with ya!! This is definitely a ride I need to see in action before going on it!!! Hell, I haven’t been back on Space Mountain since I was in 3rd grade... not sure I can handle this one!! 😬 😆

My understanding is one of the hold ups with Guardians is they haven’t filmed any of the ride film yet because they haven’t started filming Vol. 3 yet. James Gunn did recently say Vol 3 filming was going to be starting this year but hasn’t said when. So aside from whatever construction work they have to do there’s also the ride film.

I’m with ya!! This is definitely a ride I need to see in action before going on it!!! Hell, I haven’t been back on Space Mountain since I was in 3rd grade... not sure I can handle this one!! 😬 😆
Me too!!

I only tried Space for the first time in 2017. My tolerance is once every trip...maybe lol. And only if DD lets me sit in front!! RnR is a no go for me unless I'm in the very front and right now requests aren't allowed.

Yet, I love EE, go figure. I think it's the smoothness of the ride though? Hagrid's too (except I close my eyes during the backwards part sometimes haha).

Me too!!

I only tried Space for the first time in 2017. My tolerance is once every trip...maybe lol. And only if DD lets me sit in front!! RnR is a no go for me unless I'm in the very front and right now requests aren't allowed.

Yet, I love EE, go figure. I think it's the smoothness of the ride though? Hagrid's too (except I close my eyes during the backwards part sometimes haha).

Wow! Good for you!! I was this close 🤏 to going on EE about 2 years ago when our friends came! They were obsessed with it... I was all set to go, when my friend said the backwards part kind of spins like a double helix... and that was it for me. I’m such a chicken!! I just went on Splash the first time ever two years ago!!!!!!!!!!! 😳

Wow! Good for you!! I was this close 🤏 to going on EE about 2 years ago when our friends came! They were obsessed with it... I was all set to go, when my friend said the backwards part kind of spins like a double helix... and that was it for me. I’m such a chicken!! I just went on Splash the first time ever two years ago!!!!!!!!!!! 😳
I tried EE, Splash, and ToT for the first time around that same time :). Big Thunder too.

Test Track is one that was a one and done for me lol

Is there any estimate for a completion date for the poly monorail station? I don't think I've seen one.
I don’t think there is one, but it appears as July 19th is when the new rooms are expected to be open (according to the booking site.) I’d assume they’d try to have the monorail done by then, too?
I assumed the same as mrsap- that it would be complete shortly before the July 19th reopening. I don't recall ever seeing anything officially about it, though. Maybe just a generic Summer 2021 timeline?

My understanding is one of the hold ups with Guardians is they haven’t filmed any of the ride film yet because they haven’t started filming Vol. 3 yet. James Gunn did recently say Vol 3 filming was going to be starting this year but hasn’t said when. So aside from whatever construction work they have to do there’s also the ride film.
I think I heard it a little while back from Jim Hill on his and Len Testa's podcast, so not sure how you feel about him, but he reported the same thing but that they would be filming the ride footage with the Thor 3 filming, since Endgame ended with Thor with the Guardians, so I guess they will all be in at least the beginning of Thor: Love and Thunder. It makes sense at least. It would be Taika Waititi filming it instead of James Gunn though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter