News Round Up 2020

Im not sure they’d be allowed to. Arent there monopoly laws in place that they got awfully close to crossing during the Fox acquisition? In all reality this wouldn’t be a terrible deal though. They were trying to sell the rights to “No Time to Die” for only 1 year at 500M. They could put Soul Plane on Disney+

MGM is such a mess. I think it would be better if Warner bought them so they could reunite the library. I do not think it would be a good acquisition for Disney at all. Disney should lay off studio acquisitions for a while.

MGM is such a mess. I think it would be better if Warner bought them so they could reunite the library. I do not think it would be a good acquisition for Disney at all. Disney should lay off studio acquisitions for a while.

I was thinking Universal might be the best spot for them. They have a lot of horror properties, and with their partnership with Blumhouse makes a perfect fit. And their streaming service sure could use the content

I was thinking Universal might be the best spot for them. They have a lot of horror properties, and with their partnership with Blumhouse makes a perfect fit. And their streaming service sure could use the content

I was just looking at their properties and they are all over the place. They have too many different distribution deals - Sony for Bond, UA for some things...it's messy. I'm not sure all that could be straightened out. As we move into a streaming world, ideally I want to see franchises unified on one service at least.

Last edited:
Im not sure they’d be allowed to. Arent there monopoly laws in place that they got awfully close to crossing during the Fox acquisition? In all reality this wouldn’t be a terrible deal though. They were trying to sell the rights to “No Time to Die” for only 1 year at 500M. They could put Soul Plane on Disney+
The antitrust issues surrounding Fox were mostly related to the Sports portion of the purchase, which they offloaded immediately as part of getting approved. Buying MGM wouldn’t run into those issues.
Their biggest property, Bond, isn’t fully owned by them anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter