News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a food kiosk (or there was) called "Bradley Falls" on that path between Africa and Asia so I'm assuming you're right, that waterfall is probably Lower Bradley Falls....
Yeah, all I could find online was the kiosk mentioned above, but there is a camera on the map, so I think it's probably right about here.
View attachment 430320

I forgot about the waterfall on the main path between Africa and Asia. I was thinking of the one behind the tree of life, just before you reach Africa. I just remembered that teres a waterfall on the Discovery Trails too. Or maybe it’s not by a waterfall at all. I don’t think it would be where theres a camera on the map as it’s a one day thing. Hopefully the CM know where it is. We’re certaintly not going to wander around- we have to catch a flight to another planet ;)

Quick question for my fellow D23 Members, has anyone received a shipping notice for the quarterly Magazine. I dont remember getting shipping notifications from D23 for anything beyond the normal yearly gift which i got months ago but deff not a year ago. I just received a fresh notice today did anyone else receive one, I can only imagine it is this quarters post d23 mag.

So I am just starting but I think you will be fine. They actually give like a very quick summary of what happened to Vi in Phasma, etc, you would just know some of the characters better ( Vi, Cardinal, etc)
I read Phasma (maybe a year ago) .. and totally didn't connect that the main resistance character in that book is the same one that runs around Black Spire Outpost. Without Rise of the Resistance, no easy way (outside of books/comics) to know what her name is. When I was there for the previews . .I couldn't remember her name.. but even hearing it .. I didn't remember her name in the book.

Thanks!

Vi is more just the "storyteller" in the Phasma book, not a main character if I recall, so should be fine not reading it. It's an interesting read if you care to know the very odd backstory to Captain Phasma .. which .. in my opinion .. doesn't really matter in the mythology of Star Wars since Phasma is such a minor character in the movies.

So Opening Ceremony for Batuu East was pretty minimal ... seemed like just Chapek and some costumed characters

Really cool to see a live action Hondo character. If it wasn't for his distinct voice, he easily could be another character that just wanders around Black Spire Outpost.

But .. the quality of that costume gives me hope that maybe we can actually have some aliens wandering around the outpost with Chewie.

Quick question for my fellow D23 Members, has anyone received a shipping notice for the quarterly Magazine. I dont remember getting shipping notifications from D23 for anything beyond the normal yearly gift which i got months ago but deff not a year ago. I just received a fresh notice today did anyone else receive one, I can only imagine it is this quarters post d23 mag.
It is for the magazine.

I read Phasma (maybe a year ago) .. and totally didn't connect that the main resistance character in that book is the same one that runs around Black Spire Outpost. Without Rise of the Resistance, no easy way (outside of books/comics) to know what her name is. When I was there for the previews . .I couldn't remember her name.. but even hearing it .. I didn't remember her name in the book.

Thanks!

Vi is more just the "storyteller" in the Phasma book, not a main character if I recall, so should be fine not reading it. It's an interesting read if you care to know the very odd backstory to Captain Phasma .. which .. in my opinion .. doesn't really matter in the mythology of Star Wars since Phasma is such a minor character in the movies.

Cardinal is in the new book too ... So just more background on him and how he came to the Resistance

Really cool to see a live action Hondo character. If it wasn't for his distinct voice, he easily could be another character that just wanders around Black Spire Outpost.

But .. the quality of that costume gives me hope that maybe we can actually have some aliens wandering around the outpost with Chewie.

Well, Jim Cummings does the voice so maybe we could get a walk-around character of Winnie the Pooh cosplaying as Hondo

The pictures from the MK have me aching with jealousy. It looks like a ghost town. 10 minute wait for 7D!!!

I just did the exact same thing! I even went back to make sure it WAS open at 8AM! Nothing more than a 10 minute wait. I'd be all up in that! I think the new land is cool and will be excited to see it, but no one in our family is really big on Star Wars. We don't NOT like it, we're just not gonna be waiting in hours long lines to see it. We'll be there next weekend, so I'm curious what the rest of DHS continues to look like over the next few days. I'm gonna have a 6 year old with a brand new Bo Peep costume from her birthday this coming Sunday that'll need some TSL pics! (Even if Bo DOES go away 9/1).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter