News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guessing they will continue this or a version of this throughout the months that EEMH are offered! I just checked and our DHS date of Tues, Sep 10 shows Everything Pop opening at 4:15am. Yay! Hoping Mobile Ordering is open early so can order then head right to a bus or even better, the Skyliner if it's open!! Will wait and eat once we're at DHS, waiting in line for it to open. That's the plan anyways.
Good idea to eat in line! While we won’t be ordering food, we’ll bring stuff from the room. We have muffins and yogurt for breakfast. I’ll throw it in my bag before we head over to DHS.

A few cast members in Epcot are saying some rides across property are down due to a strike and power surge. Lights went out on us in Nine Dragons for a couple seconds.
A handful of elements on SSE were down after the storm, including the Earth projection. I got dripped on in SSE as well. I was on LWTL during the height of it and the speakers cut out a few times with big bolts. The green house house was leaking like crazy, very happy we had the canopy.

ETA: they did illuminations 55 minutes late at 9:55.

Last edited:
A handful of elements on SSE were down after the storm, including the Earth projection. I got dripped on in SSE as well. I was on LWTL during the height of it and the speakers cut out a few times with big bolts. The green house house was leaking like crazy, very happy we had the canopy.

ETA: they did illuminations 55 minutes late at 9:55.

Real happy Illuminations still went on. It’s probably the last time I’ll see it.

Caused by the tropical storm that is no where near it. Come on, that is just idiotic.

That's really insane. According to Bing Maps, Tropical Storm Dorian is about 1,800 miles (2,875 km) from Orlando right now.

For reference, the following areas are also about 1,800 miles away from Orlando: Billings, Montana; the Grand Canyon; and Winnipeg, Canada.

I posted this in the August board as well.
I was at the Magic Kingdom during the storm last night... CRAZY lightning every few seconds for about 2 hours. Ran to Pecos when we started to see the clouds rolling in. Ankle-deep flooding throughout the Magic Kingdom... rain coming into the side entrance of the restaurant. There was a very brief power outage when the lights came on, there was no more music in the restaurant... no more music in Adventureland. 17 rides were down a bit past 8pm. We ended up leaving at 9... nothing much to do in the park!

Monorail was also down... crazy long lines for buses and ferries to the TTC! We were lucky to have a Pop bus waiting in the bay to leave.

What a night!
20190827_052252.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter