News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually pretty bummed about this - our kids love Phineas & Ferb, especially Perry, and really love doing the Agent P showcase. We haven't gotten into the new Duck Tales (gave it only a few minutes - couldn't get past the new style of animation and their voices) - we've actually had DVDs of the original Duck Tales for a while and have had our kids watch those (they prefer Rescue Rangers though).

There's no date, but I'm thinking there will be some extended time with nothing while they switch it over from Agent P, which means we might not even get to do Agent P one las time this February. I was hoping with a new Phineas and Ferb movie coming to Disney+, maybe they'd hold off changing it for a while.
You should give Duck Tales a second go. While it is hard getting past the non-classic voices at first, I think giving Huey/Dewey/Louie distinct voices and personalities is one of the best parts of the new show. The writing/comedy is brilliant .. and they give some great Easter Eggs to not only the old show, but the old Uncle Scrooge comics from the 50s/60s as well where Duckberg originated. It is definitely a higher quality than the classic Duck Tales .. which, after going back and rewatching those without nostalgia glasses are your just your typical 80s/90s cartoon fare. Not much substance and pretty much for kids .. while the modern Disney shows I feel can appeal to adults as well.

We are going end of May too....so you'll get to miss the Ratatouille ride with us by 10 days.
Doh! I was actually thinking of MMRR not Ratatouille as I rode the one at DLP several times in Sept (and it's going to be a nice addition too!) Regardless, lots of new stuff to check out and I can also catch it when I go back to WDW next Sept. I really need to see if an AP is worth it! :stir:

I’ll be hoping for After Hours in 2022. ;)

They’re doing Moonlight Magic for DVC members in September and October. I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to get a ticket when I’m there in September.

So I would think that we’d see an After Hours before 2022.

Alright looks like it’s not happening tonight now. They did another test at 8:07, same thing, they went up and down.

Alright looks like it’s not happening tonight now. They did another test at 8:07, same thing, they went up and down.

More like what? They flew right? Were they just going to do it again or was something else planned?

Were you able to get any official confirmation on the parking lot tomorrow or if the ride will open before posted park opening? I have heard 5 and 6, so I am planning on 5am but I really would hate to get there that early and be turned away. At that point it would probably be too late to go home and Uber to boardwalk.

More like what? They flew right? Were they just going to do it again or was something else planned?
More was planned, a bit of a show:

So there was supposed to be a bit of a drone show. There’s a third drone, a Tie Fighter, that was supposed to do a bit of a dogfight with the X Wings. The drones have multiple effects on board that were not used tonight.

Were you able to get any official confirmation on the parking lot tomorrow or if the ride will open before posted park opening? I have heard 5 and 6, so I am planning on 5am but I really would hate to get there that early and be turned away. At that point it would probably be too late to go home and Uber to boardwalk.
The lot officially opens at 6am, they’ll likely let people in early. I don’t have great info on that though.
As for the ride itself, they’re planning to open between 7 and 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter