News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a move I like. Everyone's worried about plastic bags and such but I just cannot believe the amount of packaging that everything comes in... after one of my childrens' birthday parties I can fill half of our gigantic 64gal recycling tote just with paper, cardboard and plastic packaging from their gifts they were given. It's unbelievable. The only downside here is what BlogMickey already mentioned, getting scuffs on the product -- which I could see happening whether it's in transport to the store, or from people looking at them and then dropping them on the floor, and so on.

All of that packaging is about reducing 'shrinkage', which is the retail industry term for theft.

Hopefully, we can get away from it for internet retailers.

Yeah, just going in with an expectation of it being not open and if its open, would be a wonderful surprise for the wife! She loves beauty and the beast so would be a nice way to have a drink lol
So, real soon is going to be the answer to it opening. They are closing the mizners pop up bar tonight. They were moving liquor into the new bar yesterday.

From the article ... As of publish time, the Disney Springs location is NOT listed as an available location.

Since Disney Springs isn't part of the parks, there should be no issue with getting the Avengers experience there. I did 'Secrets of the Empire' last year and loved it! While the technology isn't perfect, it's the most immersive VR I've ever experienced and really shows what can be done, and where they can go with the technology. They need this experience on both coasts
Yeah I was really looking forward to this in DS. We've done Star Wars twice now and it's such a fun experience, but I want to try something new!

isn't a magic band itself anti-theft? I mean, it's got an rfid chip already in it. :confused3 I've never tried to remove a puck forcibly before. Only by removing the tiny, tiny screws. Not sure how easy that would be to do in a store.

This has to be encouraging news. With rumors that this ride was having technical issues and with what I am sure Bob Iger being unhappy with the under performance of SWGE and attendance in the parks, I doubt that the imagineers would put him on a ride was not ready. What is also encouraging is that the DL version opens after the DW version, so hopefully the DW version is still on schedule for early December.

There’s a new annual passholder room discount offer out now:

With this offer, Passholders like you can save up to 35% on rooms at select Disney resort hotels for stays most nights January 1 through April 25, 2020.
Book now through April 25, 2020 to take advantage of this offer.

I tried to check availability but after my rocket ship countdown I was sent back to the main page so I wish anyone else looking for the offer better luck...

There’s a new annual passholder room discount offer out now:

With this offer, Passholders like you can save up to 35% on rooms at select Disney resort hotels for stays most nights January 1 through April 25, 2020.
Book now through April 25, 2020 to take advantage of this offer.

I tried to check availability but after my rocket ship countdown I was sent back to the main page so I wish anyone else looking for the offer better luck...

Glad offers are starting to come out - just need one for Disney Chase Visa holders now since we decided to not renew our AP

Glad offers are starting to come out - just need one for Disney Chase Visa holders now since we decided to not renew our AP
I’m seeing a room only discount of up to 25% on Facebook posts from travel agents. I didn’t see it on disney’s site when I was poking around but I wasn’t looking for it either. If you work with a TA I’d email them this morning :)

Actually, the discounts are pretty sucky if you ask me. The free dining is only for kids, there's no Stay, Play, Dine, and the regular percent-off room only offer only goes up to 25%.
I know but to even use the words free dining plan is meant to trigger some sort of response you know? People not in the know might think this is how it always works or see a benefit to it.

Is the Riviera one out of your dates window? It looks like a solid deal.

it is, but we need a room that fits 5 people, so the cheapest option there is a 1 bedroom that is over $1,000 / night, so even at 40% off it is more than other options. If we fit in a regular room we definitely would have considered that

I’m seeing a room only discount of up to 25% on Facebook posts from travel agents. I didn’t see it on disney’s site when I was poking around but I wasn’t looking for it either. If you work with a TA I’d email them this morning :)

Thank! Just got the details via e-mail from one of the Disney pages I follow and I am working with at TA so just e-mailed her

We currently have a room at CBR that fits 5 people booked for 6 nights .... looks like we could theoretically get 20% off that and if we add park tickets ofr 6 days or more we would get an extra $30 gift card per person. Assuming this applies to the room category we need. .... we shall see!

From the article ... As of publish time, the Disney Springs location is NOT listed as an available location.

Since Disney Springs isn't part of the parks, there should be no issue with getting the Avengers experience there. I did 'Secrets of the Empire' last year and loved it! While the technology isn't perfect, it's the most immersive VR I've ever experienced and really shows what can be done, and where they can go with the technology. They need this experience on both coasts

What's weird is that "Super Hero Headquarter" in Disney Springs used to have the Marvel logo on the sign, but it no longer does. Kind of weird why they would remove it, no? I would think they would want to have that Marvel branding wherever they can?

Offer that includes some free dining not appearing for Canadians yet.

The free dining offer I am seeing seems pretty limited - so far looks like only good at the Values and only would apply to the kids, but everyone in your room needs to have the same package and needs to be non-discounted. So doesn't seem like much of a savings unless you have very spicif requirements (like more kids than adults, and going to stay at a value anyway and definitely getting the dining plan anyway, etc)

You do get a few extra little things with it - which is nice, and I found it interesting is one of the included things is a free stroller rental (so timing is interesting given the other stroller news of late)

here is the details from Disney Food Blog:

2020 Disney World FREE Dining for Kids Details!

Receive a FREE dining plan for ALL kids (ages 3 to 9) on the reservation when you buy a non-discounted Magic Your Way package for you and your child (or children)! Magic Your Way packages include a room at a select Disney Resort, theme park tickets, and any level of Disney Dining Plan.

But Disney’s sweetened this deal a little more! With their Free Dining booking, families will also receive the “Frozen Welcome Pack” for FREE, which includes:
  • Voucher for one stroller rental for the length of your stay (this includes in-park stroller rental only)
  • Voucher for one in-park 5×7 photo print per room
  • One merchandise bag per room including a plush toy, a book, and 2 treats.

Here are the specifics you need to know before you book…

Dates of Travel: Free Dining for Kids is being offered to guests ARRIVING on most nights January 1-March 7, 2020. You must book by January 1st, 2020, to get the offer.

Disney Dining Plans: All guests on the reservation must be on the same package, and all three Disney Dining Plans — Quick Service, Standard, and Deluxe — are eligible. If you book a Magic Your Way package with hotel, tickets, and Dining Plan, kids ages 3-9 will get the Dining Plan for FREE.

Length of Stay Requirement: Disney quotes a 3-day, 3-night stay in their promotional materials, but we were able to successfully book a 2-night stay when doing our research (we were not able to book a 1-night stay).

Participating Resorts: Offer is only available at participating Disney World Resort Hotels. Right now, it looks like only Value Resorts are included. Some may sell out quickly. So be sure to book your preferred resort hotel quickly. You can always change or cancel your reservation at a later date.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019...g-for-kids-package-now-available-for-booking/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter