News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I win this round.

Really not sure how I feel about this news. Cedar Fair has much better operations and parks in general. Six Flags is dirt cheap though. But this would pretty much eliminate major coaster competition in the US.

I feel like I would be more excited if it was the otherway - if now all these six flags parks were run like Cedar Fair parks

Agree about the elimination of competition though

I feel like I would be more excited if it was the otherway - if now all these six flags parks were run like Cedar Fair parks

Sometimes the company getting bought winds up taking over. So if Cedar Fair gets to take over operations than this could be great.

I win this round.

Really not sure how I feel about this news. Cedar Fair has much better operations and parks in general. Six Flags is dirt cheap though. But this would pretty much eliminate major coaster competition in the US.
That's actually why I was concerned because my impressions of Six Flags are not quite as high as my impressions of Cedar Fair.

I hear great things about Knott's Berry Farm, which is owned by Cedar Fair. When they took over, I have heard that they really did a good job of updating and adding while keeping the original character. I believe a Disneyland guy, Ken Parks, went there. I would hate if they ruin this park before I get a chance to go :(

Sometimes the company getting bought winds up taking over. So if Cedar Fair gets to take over operations than this could be great.

yeah, thought about that too - that the end result is almost a reverse acquisition. If that is the outcome - or at the very least the "Cedar Fair" way of doing things has eom more influence, then it could be a positive outcome. If the end result is a bunch of Cedar Fair parks now feeling like Six Flags parks, that will be not so great (in my opinion)

That's actually why I was concerned because my impressions of Six Flags are not quite as high as my impressions of Cedar Fair.
My local park is also owned by Cedar Fair with Six Flags being about 1.5 hrs away. Six flags quality is about the lowest of theme parks I've been to. I would hate for that to happen to my local park!

yeah, thought about that too - that the end result is almost a reverse acquisition. If that is the outcome - or at the very least the "Cedar Fair" way of doing things has eom more influence, then it could be a positive outcome. If the end result is a bunch of Cedar Fair parks now feeling like Six Flags parks, that will be not so great (in my opinion)
That’s just about worst case scenario, if Cedar goes away. But Cedar Fair management influencing Six Flags could make those parks significantly better. Cedar invests back into the backs much more, maintains things better, and has better ride operations. Plus they invest in larger coasters these days.

Yeah, this is not good news IMO. Cedar Point and a few of their other parks are really the only non-Disney/Universal parks that aren't miserable to visit. Plus their lineup is already way better than almost any of the six flags parks and their AP is a great deal. I can only imagine how crappy Six Flags will make their "membership" for all their newly acquired parks.

News

Not Disney but significant industry news. This would be pretty big if true.
https://leaderpost.com/pmn/technolo...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Nothing quite like the ability of a debt constrained amusement park company to invest into innovative rides that thrill guests. When all your money is paying bankers you don't build anything good. That's how we get Disaster Transport (great Defunctland subject). Or what happened to Six Flags after Premier Parks - which had been a really well run company! - bought them in 1998. Or what happened to Cedar Fair the first decade after they bought Paramount Parks. Cedar Point opened 5 new roller coasters in the 10 years before they bought Paramount Parks and 2 in the decade after - one they'd already started, and one in year 10. Some of the Paramount parks actually fared worse.

Cedar Fair is just now crawling out of debt hell and Six Flags is still in it...how on earth would this work?

The Cedar Fair story is interesting as they run our major amusement park in Toronto, ON. To the best of my knowledge we don't have any Six Flag parks in Canada.

I saw a picture of those on fb, but thought they were cinnamon roles...
OMG I was just going to post the same thing. Maybe because I'm hungry :rotfl2: but yeah those totally don't make me think Princess Leia but rather some good 'ole cinnamon rolls (sans the frosting drizzled but still).

plus Princess Leia's hair buns where against her head, not sticking out ... but guess these are "inspired" by them (or, you know, cinnamon roles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter