News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come this can never happen to me. Although I am sure there are a lot of people going nuts about the delay onboard.

Magic happens in different ways to everyone!

On the Dream, I proposed to my (now) wife in 2011. That same cruise, the Aquaduck was broken for like a day. To make up for that, they took us to Castaway Cay a second time instead of a day at sea!

How come this can never happen to me. Although I am sure there are a lot of people going nuts about the delay onboard.
Since the cruise was already extended by 2 nights before they even boarded, I’m guessing the guests onboard knew it could be extended further. Hurricanes are unpredictable to say the least. Pretty sweet to pay for a 3 night cruise that turns into 6 and, I’m sure the ship isn’t near capacity either as guests were given the opportunity to get their money back if the revised sailing did not hit their schedule. Pretty sweet!!

Re: the cruise extension, DH and I wondered what they do for food and supplies - will they would have to “ration” the food vs. all you can eat buffets and such? I mean wasn’t this just a three day cruise?

Re: the cruise extension, DH and I wondered what they do for food and supplies - will they would have to “ration” the food vs. all you can eat buffets and such? I mean wasn’t this just a three day cruise?
There will be plenty of food. Before they left FL it was already loaded for a 5 night cruise and given the circumstances I’m sure they added extra food to be on the safe side. Also, because the sailing was longer than originally scheduled, guests were given the option to not board and receive a refund which I’m sure some people chose. I’m sure food is not a problem on-board ship.

I have been at the grocery store here on my island when a cruise ship needed to restock. :oops: I am guessing they just bought when they docked or had a ship from a close by island meet them with an order.

There will be plenty of food. Before they left FL it was already loaded for a 5 night cruise and given the circumstances I’m sure they added extra food to be on the safe side. Also, because the sailing was longer than originally scheduled, guests were given the option to not board and receive a refund which I’m sure some people chose. I’m sure food is not a problem on-board ship.

So they altered the sailing dates before it even left port?

Since the cruise was already extended by 2 nights before they even boarded, I’m guessing the guests onboard knew it could be extended further. Hurricanes are unpredictable to say the least. Pretty sweet to pay for a 3 night cruise that turns into 6 and, I’m sure the ship isn’t near capacity either as guests were given the opportunity to get their money back if the revised sailing did not hit their schedule. Pretty sweet!!
Yeah, a few years ago during Huricanne Harvey a 7-night Liberty of the Seas cruise got extended for a total of 8 or 9 nights IIRC, they did finally head to MIA to drop people off on like day 6. There were some pretty irate and some pretty happy posters on Cruise Critic. They did all get an extra Crown and Anchor point for each extra night.

I've done Galley Tours on RCI, they have said they always carry enough supplies for the full length of the cruise+4 days. During hurricane season they'll bump that to length of cruise+7 days. If they know of a specific threat they can add even more provisions. I an sure they left with plenty of supplies with a hurricane predicted (at that time) to make landfall on their home port.

Not really news but thought many on here might appreciate this, D23 put out an article about what is coming to Disney+ that Disney History Buffs will like .... While the Star Wars and Marvel shiny stuff looks great this is the type of thing that really gets me excited for Disney+

https://d23.com/disney-history-buff...3_disneysocial_historybuffdisneyplus_20190829

I agree. I like Marvel and newer Disney stuff fine but all that is already easily accessible.... I'm looking for stuff like this, and I'd also like things that aren't as easy to get at my local Wal-Mart. I'd love a repository of all of the old Fab Five cartoons and my dad would love stuff like Zorro, etc.

NEWS

Non-inside-parks Starbucks locations temporarily for the storm (the ones in the parks are controlled by Disney, not Starbucks)

https://blogmickey.com/2019/08/hurr...walt-disney-world-closures-and-cancellations/
(9/2 2pm) – Disney Springs West Side Starbucks is closed. Starbucks has made a corporate decision to close Central Florida stores, and the Disney Springs location is a corporate owned store. The locations within the theme parks are licensed and owned by Disney. As such, the in-park locations remain open with the parks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter