News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya .. the whole no FP+ thing was an amazing decision .. frankly they should do this for every new ride that opens up. It took me a while before I had a long enough trip to get a FP for SDMT or Flight of Passage and the Standby waits were too long for us to try.

The only way I have ever gotten a FP for SDD or FoP is by gaming the system a bit (I had my cousin (who was arriving a few days before us) book Fast Passes for me later in my trip.
I still struggle getting FPs for SDMT .. (couldn't find one (on the days I wanted to go to MK) for my 5 night trip in October.).

Seeing a 95 minute wait on the rides 2nd day is pretty amazing.
(though the naysayers will use it to say SWGE is a bust!)

Odd - we are only staying 3 nights in October, and we got a FP for FoP on the 2nd day, 7DMT 3rd day, and SDD 4th day. Sure they weren't first thing in the morning, but not really a problem.

For those interested, the DIS's Peter Warner is being interviewed by CNN at MCO about the hurricane and impact on the Theme Parks

So - we were recording the DVC show earlier today and we had to cut short because Pete was going to be interviewed. (Apparently Disney wouldn't answer CNNs requests and the producer or reporter was a fan of the DIS and reached out to Pete.) Has anyone actually seen it air? I had the TV on from 2 PM to 5 PM and no dice. Unfortunately can't stand these news channels (any of them - not just CNN), so that's all I could take.

Odd - we are only staying 3 nights in October, and we got a FP for FoP on the 2nd day, 7DMT 3rd day, and SDD 4th day. Sure they weren't first thing in the morning, but not really a problem.
I had the same experience.

This was literally one of my favorite memories from staying at Art of Animation through Irma a couple years ago. We don’t travel with our dogs (they always stay with family), but there were so many families with sweet pets walking around after the storm, and my heart about burst at one family who was posing their pups on the cars in the Cars section for pictures. I’m so glad Disney makes sure a whole family can stay together.

So - we were recording the DVC show earlier today and we had to cut short because Pete was going to be interviewed. (Apparently Disney wouldn't answer CNNs requests and the producer or reporter was a fan of the DIS and reached out to Pete.) Has anyone actually seen it air? I had the TV on from 2 PM to 5 PM and no dice. Unfortunately can't stand these news channels (any of them - not just CNN), so that's all I could take.

Here is the video of Pete on CNNs webpage

https://www.cnn.com/videos/travel/2...o-florida-disney-werner-gallagher-bts-vpx.cnn

I assume this is just for Minnie Vans - what about regular ride sharing?
Haven’t seen any changes for those. I’m guessing this means the Minnie vans will be using the bus stop area at Disney Springs which they wouldn’t allow other services into. Similar to how the MK bus area is a Minnie van drop off/pick up.

Latest update of Dorian ... Now projected to move shift northward and go up the coast/not a direct hit to Florida

Note:
- things can still change/still be bad (similar path was predicted at one point for Irma)
- doesn't mean it won't make landfall at all, just now looks like Carolinas not Florida (so just shift any positive vibes, don't stop sending them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter