News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, a $19.99 meal at pizzafari that costs one QS credit and a $35 meal at tiffins that costs 2 TS credits? Do people really pay that little attention as to what they get for their dining plan value?
Yes. Very few people not on these kinds of boards price shop the dining plan. They buy it for simplicity or because it was recommended by a friend or TA.

I get what @rteetz is saying, it’s a 2 credit signature restaurant. HOPEFULLY, someone would do the math, and pay cash, using their credits on another meal if they really wanted to check this out.

I don’t see that many complaints about it though...

maybe in person they aren't so stark - I do recall seeing some complaints about how are it was to see at times with just the bioluminecense, so maybe it isn't *that* bad in person and a benefit to some people

I get what you're saying but it is only $35. Compare this to the $25 Be Our Guest breakfast which is ONE quick service credit! No way on earth I'd use two table service dining plan entitlements for that. Obviously Disney is changing things up occasionally to try to fill Tiffins at lunch but I can't see this working unless they're also keeping the full a la carte menu available, especially for those on the DDP.
I never use the DP because mathematically it hasn't worked out better than my TiW, but I imagine this is just replacing the current lunch special and that Tiffins would still be keeping the full menu for lunch.

This will be the only dessert party we never try. Can't imagine paying anything to see RoL. Different strokes... :)

yeah, I can see it for the MK dessert party as the Hub gets so crowded so paying for a guaranteed view makes sense

... but your don't really have that issue with Rivers of Light so are you really paying for much beyond the actual desserts?

Now, if they did something like the EPCOT one which comes with a ride on Frozen Ever After and gave you a ride on Flight of Passage after the show, now I could see some value in it

Reservations now open for the Rivers of Light Dessert Party:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...-set-to-begin-august-6-reservations-now-open/

desserts look creative and I do enjoy the show, but $79/adult is just kinda crazy pants
The pricing is interesting. I know the DHS and Epcot parties are around that price but you get more. The DHS party has seating and the ability to meet characters. The Epcot party gives you a FP for Frozen basically. This is just desserts unless I’m missing something?

Paying out of pocket it's not so bad, but 2 TS credits for a $35 meal is horrendous.

I don't use dining plans, and I'm stoked about this for my very last minute, booking right now, first time with the kids, trip next month! (Not that I'm excited!) But it seems like a great value for what you get and I'm guessing that a theme park lunch, even at Tiffin's will be fine to wear sundresses for me and the little girl and khaki shorts and a button down for the guys? That's what we'll be in anyway, and I think it'll be fine.

Honestly, with 2 small kids, that's more food than we can eat and we can have a nice lunch for $70 plus some drinks? Sounds excellent to me!

The pricing is interesting. I know the DHS and Epcot parties are around that price but you get more. The DHS party has seating and the ability to meet characters. The Epcot party gives you a FP for Frozen basically. This is just desserts unless I’m missing something?

Looks like there's alcohol too, but not that useful to you just yet. Only 10 drinks and you get your money's worth, sort of. Plus after 10 drinks that show might be a bit of a different experience than usual.

I don't see anything else. It does come with a specialty alcoholic beverage so it has that over the MK one (but EPCOT's and DHS's also have that)

So yeah, will be interested to see how this sells at that price point. As mentioned above, if it came with a ride on FoP like EPCOT's gives you for Frozen, then I could see it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter