News Round Up 2017

If Disney manages to strongly tie its theme parks worldwide to Marvel, does anyone think that potentially causes Universal to eventually seek another IP? It seems as if Disney is going to one-up Universal on its Marvel presence and shoe-horn whatever it legally can into WDW (Guardians, etc).

We've all been focused on how Universal is going to hold Marvel over WDW's head, but in the meantime, it seems as if Disney is busily walling them in.

Just a thought.

I don't think Marvel is too concerned. The more popular Marvel becomes the more merch they sell at their parks. The more people who want to ride the Spiderman ride and so on.

I was wondering if they could do something like that for the Brave ride rumored to be coming to the U.K. Pavilion - where you are shooting arrows

Where did that rumor come from? First time I'm hearing it. I'm actually kind of surprised, I liked Brave but I don't hear too many nice things about the movie from others.

I don't think Marvel is too concerned. The more popular Marvel becomes the more merch they sell at their parks. The more people who want to ride the Spiderman ride and so on.

Where did that rumor come from? First time I'm hearing it. I'm actually kind of surprised, I liked Brave but I don't hear too many nice things about the movie from others.

I was wondering about the Brave reference too, but I know @TheMaxRebo tends to be on top of such. The last I heard the rumor was Alice (please, please, please! they could make a maze like in DLP and sell absinthe on the way in, that'd be rad) or Mary Popins? Haven't seen Brave, but anything new in Epcot would be fantastic (but it should totally be Alice something).

I was wondering about the Brave reference too, but I know @TheMaxRebo tends to be on top of such. The last I heard the rumor was Alice (please, please, please! they could make a maze like in DLP and sell absinthe on the way in, that'd be rad) or Mary Popins? Haven't seen Brave, but anything new in Epcot would be fantastic (but it should totally be Alice something).

OMG...an Alice ride where you are encouraged to drink absinthe?!

Same!

My Dad actually built the ride (and Men In Black), so it has a super sentimental spot for me. :cutie:

That's awesome!

It's a rumor on the Rumor thread. Right now, the UK ride is rumored to NOTbe Mary Poppins, with a strong leaning towards Brave. Although Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, and some others have gotten bantered around. But the rumor is leaning towards Brave.

I know we do a lot of comparisons to Unviersal rides but has anyone had the chance to ride Justice League: Battle for Metropolis at a Six Flags?

It is, in my opinion, one of the best theme park rides in existence. It's an interactive ride (Buzz Lightyear) but to the level of movement and action as, say, Forbidden Journey. Additionally, the amount of real objects mixed with screens as you go through the ride is incredible and it's got a good amount of detail.

It makes Midway Mania and Buzz look pathetic, or at least veerrrryy kid-oriented. I wonder if the new Spiderman ride could be more along those lines. They have the tech and it could be cool!

Really? I dunno, I've been on it several times and I like it less every time. I still prefer midway mania mainly because the screens look so clear. Maybe the Chicago area one cheaped out, but it's only been open a couple years now and it looks incredibly blurry/dark already. I'm wondering why people complain about a very kid-oriented ride being too childish...lol that's the charm of it...

Really? I dunno, I've been on it several times and I like it less every time. I still prefer midway mania mainly because the screens look so clear. Maybe the Chicago area one cheaped out, but it's only been open a couple years now and it looks incredibly blurry/dark already. I'm wondering why people complain about a very kid-oriented ride being too childish...lol that's the charm of it...

Okay, fair point! The Six Flags by me (Magic Mountain) just got it this summer so maybe that has something to do with it.

And there are some kid-oriented rides that are done really well and appeal to me! Midway Mania just doesn't do it for me, but it's one of DH's favorites so I say to each his own :)

I can see that - especially if they will be paying the license now for only one ride location vs 3

And I think it can still be a very similar experience without that ... I don't think it *needs* the Twilight Zone connection to be great

The ride was designed about the twilight zone idea...are you suggesting to take the "imagineering" out of the ride?

I feel like this story comes back around every 4-6 months.
I had never heard this one I do remember the lady who would ride would ride TOT over and over again cause it relieve abdominal adhesions she has. She ended up getting banned and she sued don’t remember the outcome of the lawsuit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter