News Round Up 2017

I think you are partly correct. Part is perception. Part is convenience. One of those big pluses being the monorail. Almost every family at Disney would stay at the Poly if it was the same price as a Value so they wouldn't have to fold up their stroller.

There are still families paying the extra for the monorail itself.

I agree - I see posts here and on FB as well with the line "I MUST be at a monorail resort." Some people believe it is the only way to go, price be damned.

$192 bil market cap to $106...

In laymans terms: disney is worth 55% of what Verizon is...even WITH the mine train...

Fyi...in the rumor articles, the assumption is if Verizon ever did buy disney..."parks would have to go"

"Six flags over Orlando...in partnership with choice hotels"

Your numbers are wrong...

Disney has a market cap of around 170 billion...you can figure it out by multiplying stock price times outstanding shares. Its straight forward... 108 x 1.565 billion roughly is your equation.
Verizon has market cap of around 183 billion...

so in laymans terms: Disney and Verizon are nearly equal in value.....

Happy 4th of July everyone! Hope you all have a great Independence Day!

19657260_10101723354690384_7467781759069113627_n.jpg

Happy Independence Day everyone! I hope everyone has a great day! :)

This time last year I was at WDW listening to the Voices of Liberty all day and experiencing the "end of the world" EPCOT fireworks finale. I wish I was there today. The Voices of Liberty echo sets are amazing, and they only do them on the 4th of July. This is from last year (not filmed by me):

MK shows 12 rides temporarily closed. I know things do down during the day periodically, but this seems like a lot. Is something going on? Nearly all
Of frontier land and Tomorrowland appear closed in the MDE app.

MK shows 12 rides temporarily closed. I know things do down during the day periodically, but this seems like a lot. Is something going on? Nearly all

If you see a bunch of rides down at the same time, it's almost always weather related.

Looks like most things are back up at 6 pm except PoTC. On a similar not, except for MK, wait times at the other parks seem really reasonable, especially for the fourth.

Anyone try to view the live steam of the MK fireworks? Website went down around 9:08 PM and now has crashed. Another stellar moment from Disney's IT dept! :sad2:

Anyone try to view the live steam of the MK fireworks? Website went down around 9:08 PM and now has crashed. Another stellar moment from Disney's IT dept! :sad2:
The last 60 seconds of the show is up on their twitter feed. Disney Parks Blog is still down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter