News Round Up 2017

Here is the video of the celebration. WDW needs to do this and more for the 50th. The selection of characters they had was fantastic.

very cool! I love the idea of each section of the show being themed to one of the lands of the park (though some of the combinations were a bit weird, like Pocahontas doing country-western dancing)

Always love to see what characters are featured in the other parks. I mean, Max was like the 6th character to be introduced ... and they have characters from Atlantis?!?!?

One negative comment - feels like they spent 6 minutes tops on the lyrics to the songs, they are so basic

Didn't see it mentioned and can't link to the video anymore as EA has blocked it from YouTube, but the Star Wars Battlefront II trailer was leaked...and it looks fantastic!

Didn't see it mentioned and can't link to the video anymore as EA has blocked it from YouTube, but the Star Wars Battlefront II trailer was leaked...and it looks fantastic!
Yeah that's why I never posted it since it would be taken down so quickly.

Now that is something I would want to see, but I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer.

Now that is something I would want to see, but I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer.

It looked good. As someone who just got into Battlefront and has been playing it quite a bit, I'm interested. Guess there is a confirmed single player campaign in this upcoming version as well.

It looked good. As someone who just got into Battlefront and has been playing it quite a bit, I'm interested. Guess there is a confirmed single player campaign in this upcoming version as well.
That would be great! The Star Wars Battlefront franchise is my favorite. I enjoyed the first two games, but I haven't been able to get into the new one since I have never done well at multiplayer shooter games. I enjoy it though.

As much as I enjoy watching these videos and seeing the progress, you would think Disney would have blocked any way from seeing the construction by now. I have never known Disney to be the company to let the general public to view the construction. I get it that it is outside of the park, but they could easily block the view in the parking structure if they really want people to not see the construction.

As much as I enjoy watching these videos and seeing the progress, you would think Disney would have blocked any way from seeing the construction by now. I have never known Disney to be the company to let the general public to view the construction. I get it that it is outside of the park, but they could easily block the view in the parking structure if they really want people to not see the construction.
I think there isn't much that needs to be blocked right now. Once major details start going in and what not maybe they will block views but I really don't see a problem with it.

One negative comment - feels like they spent 6 minutes tops on the lyrics to the songs, they are so basic

As far as I understand they do that on purpose because there's just too many languages being spoken at the park, and they need something really simple to get the message across. It's kind of what the Sherman Brothers did with It's a small World.

Though I do think Celebrate the Magic was a much better anniversary theme song.

As far as I understand they do that on purpose because there's just too many languages being spoken at the park, and they need something really simple to get the message across. It's kind of what the Sherman Brothers did with It's a small World.

Though I do think Celebrate the Magic was a much better anniversary theme song.

I totally get that - and the main part of the song was fine enough. Just the parts for the individual lands was like they weren't even trying :)

may be off topic or non-newsworthy, but anyone interested in building a Haunted Mansion or Phantom Manor paper model?

http://haunteddimensions.raykeim.com/index301.html

i operate a haunted attraction here in PA and one of my vendors posted the link to facebook to give people in the industry something to do until the season rolls around, haha. imagine my surprise when i found all the Haunted Mansion related content.

Last edited:
may be off topic or non-newsworthy, but anyone interested in building a Haunted Mansion or Phantom Manor paper model?

http://haunteddimensions.raykeim.com/index301.html

i operate a haunted attraction here in PA and one of my vendors posted the link to facebook to give people in the industry something to do until the season rolls around, haha. imagine my surprise when i found all the Haunted Mansion related content.

Wow! Those look incredible! There are also Gingerbread House designs, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter