News from the BWV annual meeting - Dining plan

LisaS said:
Just to add to what manning has already posted, waiting until Dec 7 to order it should get you a January expiration date. Just ask the CM to confirm what your expiration date will be when you call to order it.
Lisa,
I called on Dec 7th and they told me that my card would have an expiration date of Jan 31, 2007. The woman tried talking me into waiting another month since we are not planning to be there until mid-February... but I just wanted to get this out of the way now. She said that if you order it after the first Monday of the month... it will not expire until a year from the following month.

Thanks to everyone for the tips :)

/Jim

I am leaving in less than two weeks and ordered mine today. The nice CM went ahead and sent the temporary cards to the guest services at EPCOT and said they would be waiting on me when I got there. So that is one less call I have to remember to make.

FLYNZ4 said:
Lisa,
I called on Dec 7th and they told me that my card would have an expiration date of Jan 31, 2007. The woman tried talking me into waiting another month since we are not planning to be there until mid-February... but I just wanted to get this out of the way now. She said that if you order it after the first Monday of the month... it will not expire until a year from the following month.

Thanks to everyone for the tips :)

/Jim
Glad to hear you're all set. Thanks for posting the algorithm they use for the expiration date. I will be renewing my DDE membership before my May 2006 trip so that info will be very handy.

Jen D. How did you get the dining plan for Feb.? The way I read it, it doesn't begin until April for DVC members. Are you not staying on points in Feb?

I don't even know if the plan would be worth it for us. We have DDE and three of our six Feb. ADR's are places that don't even accept it (the castle, Brown Derby, & Bistro), and we already had to prepay for dinner at the castle, but for some reason, I really love the idea of the dining plan.

auntsue said:
Jen D. We have DDE and three of our six Feb. ADR's are places that don't even accept it (the castle, Brown Derby, & Bistro), and we already had to prepay for dinner at the castle, but for some reason, I really love the idea of the dining plan.

Castle and BD accept it...They just charge 2 credits instead of one....If you are on dining plan the castle is supposed to give you your money back at the time of reservation.

auntsue said:
Jen D. How did you get the dining plan for Feb.? The way I read it, it doesn't begin until April for DVC members. Are you not staying on points in Feb?

Sorry, should have been clearer, this is CRO ressie. Just pointing out that the plan can be used for less than 3 nights.

I am exchanging (via Interval International) into BWVs for a July 1-8 trip this summer. What is the phone number I need to call tomorrow to see if I am eligible for the dining plan?

Thank you!

Ahzroe said:
I am exchanging (via Interval International) into BWVs for a July 1-8 trip this summer. What is the phone number I need to call tomorrow to see if I am eligible for the dining plan?

Thank you!
MS is not open on weekends and will be closed on January 2.

My advice is to call later in the week, in the late afternoon. MS is going to be very busy in the mornings because the reservation window for December 2006 is opening in January. If you call anytime in January, don't be surprised to get busy signals or to be on hold for quite a while. Since your trip isn't until July, there is no hurry - if exhangers are eligible for the Dining Plan, I'm sure you will be able to add it up until 48 hours before you arrive, just as members can.

The number for Member Services is 407- 566-3800

Best wishes -

Ahzroe said:

Thank you!

I am impressed you were able to trade into a DVC resort. I tried for over a year to find one with my Vegas share (both Red 52s) a few years ago and failed miserably. That is one of the reasons I bought into DVC because I hate staying off property when I go to Disney.

CarolMN said:
MS is not open on weekends and will be closed on January 2.

My advice is to call later in the week, in the late afternoon. MS is going to be very busy in the mornings because the reservation window for December 2006 is opening in January. If you call anytime in January, don't be surprised to get busy signals or to be on hold for quite a while. Since your trip isn't until July, there is no hurry - if exhangers are eligible for the Dining Plan, I'm sure you will be able to add it up until 48 hours before you arrive, just as members can.

The number for Member Services is 407- 566-3800

Best wishes -

Thanks CarolMN. Happy New Year!

cherylp3 said:
From what I understood, the actual use by DVC members would not start until April.

Other information:

Sofabeds will be changing at BWV.

Well Thank Goodness, it's about time!!!
I hope they are like the SSR Sofabeds...they are SOOO comfortable...Does anyone know when they will do this??? We are going there in end of June.

Ahzroe said:

Thank you!

WOW!! Good luck!!! i know it is hard to exchange with II into the Disney resorts. let us know if you got it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter