Newbie here looking for any suggestions!

funmaymom

Earning My Ears
Hi there!
I am new to this board and am already addicted! I have been reading for days! My family has a vacaion planned for 7/9/05-7/16/05 at POFQ. We have 7 day park hopper tickets and the dining plan. I am sooo excited. It will be myself(32), dh(33), dd(3+ and a princess already), and ds(13 mths). I am a bit nervous about the kids and how they will handle it all but am positive and we plan to take it easy and just have fun...not try to see it all! Dh & I grew up in Fl so we've been to Disney many times but never as adults with kids!

I am open to any suggestions or help!
:sunny: One question..... I know 4th July is one of the busiest weeks but we are going the next week. Am I crazy to think that it may be less busy because all of the 4th of Julyers will have cleared out? July 8th is our 10yr wedding anniversary and we wanted to go as close to that a possible! ALSO...does the resort do anything special for anniversaries?? :love:

THANKS! :wave2:
Wendy

:wave2: :Pinkbounc Glad you're here.Don't have the answers to your questions but just wanted to give you a big DIS welcome.......glad you're here!
Kirsten

I don't have the answers, Have you looked in the disney attraction and strategy board? If You want to talk to experts this seems like the place to go! :grouphug:

Good luck!! :wizard:

Thanks for the welcomes and board suggestion. I am making my way around the DIS boards! There are so many great tips!
:wave2:

funmaymom said:
Hi there!
I am new to this board and am already addicted! I have been reading for days! My family has a vacaion planned for 7/9/05-7/16/05 at POFQ. We have 7 day park hopper tickets and the dining plan. I am sooo excited. It will be myself(32), dh(33), dd(3+ and a princess already), and ds(13 mths). I am a bit nervous about the kids and how they will handle it all but am positive and we plan to take it easy and just have fun...not try to see it all! Dh & I grew up in Fl so we've been to Disney many times but never as adults with kids!
Wow are you my twin??! Look at our ages below!! AND we are also going July 10-16! AND we have 7 day hoppers and the dining plan! Here are some of the get tips that I am going to use based upon recs from DISers:
Bringing a stroller of our own for the 14 mos old -I've ordered a Strolee Stroller from www.target.com for $29 -its an umbrella stroller that reclines.
Bought a little clip on flash light for DD on darker rides.
Going to parks early and leaving after lunch for swim/nap breaks. Did this last time I went with my nieces in July '00 and it was a life saver.
Paying for DD's meals and using her dining plan credits for the adults at a signature restaurant.
Going to Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, Ohana's, Akersus, and CRT (hopefully!).
Bringing lots of ziploc bags.
Using www.wegoshop.com to have groceries (esp. diapers!) delivered to our hotel.

Just keep reading! It is soooo informative!
See Ya at WDW!!!!! :wave2:

:wave: So nice to "meet" you and thanks for the tips! I have started a notebook to write all of these down!
We are in the market for a new umbrella stroller for ds too so I am going to check out the one you mentioned! How about the plastic stroller cover for rain?

I am going to try and get the CRT & Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus also. We need to start calling Sunday right?

I love the Mickey wake up call too!
This is fun!
:flower:

funmaymom said:
:wave: So nice to "meet" you and thanks for the tips! I have started a notebook to write all of these down!
We are in the market for a new umbrella stroller for ds too so I am going to check out the one you mentioned! How about the plastic stroller cover for rain?

I am going to try and get the CRT & Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus also. We need to start calling Sunday right?

I love the Mickey wake up call too!
This is fun!
:flower:
I have to look into the plastic cover. I figure once the stroller arrives, I'll take it out to Babies-R-Us and see what works best. I'll let you know what I think of the stroller when it arrives. I saw one by the same manufacterer and it seemed nice. A fellow DISer also gave this model a thumbs up. It looks like one that just folds in half, but it really folds down into the umbrella size. The handles turn in. I can't afford McLaren prices even though they are highly thought of.

I won't be calling until Tues am because we will be trying for CRT on July 11. If you want PSs on July 9, then you'll want to call Sunday. I hear that the phone center is not quite so busy on the weekends. We are shooting for Ahkersus on July 12 -my birthday! Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter