Newbie ? concerning making ressies???

christianweecare

DIS Veteran
Hi, everyone! I asked my question on the tail-end of another post but have gotten no response so I thought I would try a new post. DH & I just sent off all of our paperwork for our purchase at SSR. We already have a ressie at our home resort for the end of Nov./first of Dec. Are we correct in thinking that we will eligible to make a new ressie at our home resort in Jan. 06 since our check out date will be in Dec.? Also, being new to all of this we had a question about making multiple ressies. Can you hold only reservation at a time? For example, could we make a ressie for SSR in Jan. then at our 7 month window make a ressie for Vero Beach? Hope someone can clear this up for us! We're trying to learn! :confused3

Not sure I understand your question, so post again if my post doesn't answer it -

You can make as many reservations as you have points to pay for them. They can all be for the same day if that's how you want to do it, LOL. The only restriction on when you can make reservations (besides having a limited number of points) is the 7 and 11 month windows.

You can make a reservation at your home resort at the 11 month mark and then at the 7 month mark call and switch it to another resort.

Not sure why you bring up January 06 ? If you have points available, you can make a reservation for January 2006 at any resort right now. Of course that assumes there is availability.

Best wishes -

Forgot to say:

Congratulations and welcome home!

Sorry to be so confusing! We are not trying to stay anywhere in Jan. 06. Just thought that would be our 11 month window for our home resort since we will be checking out of SSR in Dec. Is that right?

What we would like to do is make a new ressie for our home resort to stay in Dec. 06 (call in Jan.?) and make another ressie for VB at the 7 month window for a different time. Am I making sense?

Thanks for your help!

christianweecare said:
Sorry to be so confusing! We are not trying to stay anywhere in Jan. 06. Just thought that would be our 11 month window for our home resort since we will be checking out of SSR in Dec. Is that right?

What we would like to do is make a new ressie for our home resort to stay in Dec. 06 (call in Jan.?) and make another ressie for VB at the 7 month window for a different time. Am I making sense?

Thanks for your help!
OK. Yes, you can call 11 months prior to your check out date to make a reservation at your home resort. So if you wanted to stay at SSR on 12/25/06, you could call to make the resrvation on January 26, 2006 (because your check out date would be 12/26/06).

And yes, you can call 7 months prior to check out date to make a VB reservation.

As long as you have enough points, you can have multiple reservations in the system at the same time - no problem. Actually, MS won't make a reservation for you if you don't have the points available, LOL.

HTH.

So let me see if I have this straight. I am checking out of SSR on Dec. 2 so I could call to make a new ressie on Jan. 2. Is that right?

christianweecare said:
So let me see if I have this straight. I am checking out of SSR on Dec. 2 so I could call to make a new ressie on Jan. 2. Is that right?
Yes. That is correct!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter