New Year's Eve at Aulani

OffToDWD

DIS Veteran
Does Aulani have any special events/programs/fireworks during New Year's Eve? We're looking to visit first week of January and debating if it's worth flying in on 12/30 or 12/31 to celebrate New Year's Eve there. Thanks!!

Does Aulani have any special events/programs/fireworks during New Year's Eve? We're looking to visit first week of January and debating if it's worth flying in on 12/30 or 12/31 to celebrate New Year's Eve there. Thanks!!

The Ko Olina resort area, of which Aulani is part, puts on a fireworks show over the lagoons at midnight NYE/NYD. There’s usually also music on the beach if you want to watch the show there. Last year, there was pouring rain but the fireworks still went on. We usually spend our holidays at Aulani, and the weather has historically been good during that week with only passing showers. In the before times, Aulani has set up a photo op with Stitch in the family activity room.

The entire island of Oahu takes NYE very seriously and you’ll see aerial fireworks popping off from locals in Kapolei all the way towards Waikiki. Several rooms, especially the island garden view that look inland towards the east will give you that kind of show from your balcony.

If you’re thinking about booking either 12/30 or 12/31, decide asap because the hotel fills up on those days with a sizeable number of local DVC members and guests booking a staycation over NYE/NYD. But I don’t think Aulani’s released hotel room availability beyond 12/30/22 yet.

Good luck and hauʻoli makahiki hou!

Last edited:
The Ko Olina resort area, of which Aulani is part, puts on a fireworks show over the lagoons at midnight NYE/NYD. There’s usually also music on the beach if you want to watch the show there. Last year, there was pouring rain but the fireworks still went on. We usually spend our holidays at Aulani, and the weather has historically been good during that week with only passing showers. In the before times, Aulani has set up a photo op with Stitch in the family activity room.

The entire island of Oahu takes NYE very seriously and you’ll see aerial fireworks popping off from locals in Kapolei all the way towards Waikiki. Several rooms, especially the island garden view that look inland towards the east will give you that kind of show from your balcony.

If you’re thinking about booking either 12/30 or 12/31, decide asap because the hotel fills up on those days with a sizeable number of local DVC members and guests booking a staycation over NYE/NYD. But I don’t think Aulani’s released hotel room availability beyond 12/30/22 yet.

Good luck and hauʻoli makahiki hou!

Thank you!! Sold! :) I booked those 2 days already just to have the option and was deciding whether or not I should hold on to them... I will! Very excited.

I love doing NYE at Aulani and did it last December 2021. While the Ko Olina Marina Association never guarantees fireworks, they’ve had them every time I’ve gone. I was able to see them and hear the accompanying music from my ocean view room and never had to go to the lagoon. Make sure you make dinner reservations as soon as they release availability (about 60 days out—but that could change) because they do book up. For NYE a lot of the restaurants like Roy’s only serve a prix fixe menu.

I love doing NYE at Aulani and did it last December 2021. While the Ko Olina Marina Association never guarantees fireworks, they’ve had them every time I’ve gone. I was able to see them and hear the accompanying music from my ocean view room and never had to go to the lagoon. Make sure you make dinner reservations as soon as they release availability (about 60 days out—but that could change) because they do book up. For NYE a lot of the restaurants like Roy’s only serve a prix fixe menu.

Thanks for the tip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter