New Year, New Beginnings - January 2022 W.I.S.H thread

Also grateful for longer days, which is even more noticeable when there is sunshine.

And for Netflix. So far I've binge-watched 'The Crown', 'The Great British Baking Show' and 'Bridgerton'. With The Crown and Bridgerton I got tired and lost a bit of interest about half way thru, so I think my future binge-watching style will be max 3 or 4 episodes at a time. But best of all I've watched a couple wonderful movies: 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society' and 'The Dig'. Both were so, so good.

I wasn't very woohooy yesterday and really not today. I will say it is nice to see the sun yesterday. Though we are at -10 wind chill this morning and schools are closed. I am thankful I did not have to go out this morning to take the kids to school or to go into the office.

DD has me really stressed out and I haven't been able to get work out in. She is still dizzy and she has mentioned at times that it feels like her brain is shutting off. She called it like a blip. So I took her back to the doctor. She is getting a Cat scan of her sinuses and he is sending her to a cardiologist. He does not know what is going on or what could be causing it. So we are one by one eliminating things. He did say this could be caused by covid and she may be a long hauler. He really wishes there was a way to test for it so we would know for sure. The antibody test wouldn't be accurate since you wouldn't know if the antibodies are from covid or the vaccine. I am glad that I got an appointment on Monday with the cardiologist and next Friday for the Cat scan (only if insurance approves it. I am not holding my breath. They didn't approve mine over the summer, both are for our sinuses).

Also grateful for longer days, which is even more noticeable when there is sunshine.

And for Netflix. So far I've binge-watched 'The Crown', 'The Great British Baking Show' and 'Bridgerton'. With The Crown and Bridgerton I got tired and lost a bit of interest about half way thru, so I think my future binge-watching style will be max 3 or 4 episodes at a time. But best of all I've watched a couple wonderful movies: 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society' and 'The Dig'. Both were so, so good.
We loved those movies! I had read the Guernsey book and thought the movie was excellent. And The Dig was fascinating, We’re watching RFDS (Royal Flying Doctor Service)on PBS right now-it’s about doctors and nurses that fly out to remote locations in Australia to treat patients. But also drama about their personal lives. I’m tempted to subscribe to BritBox but we need to check out more of our Disney+
I’m grateful for another sunny day, my fireplace and a good book to read this afternoon. Today’s project is to clear off two shelves in the basement,
take a 20-30 minute walk (it’s cold today!) and then a cup of tea and my book.

I wasn't very woohooy yesterday and really not today. I will say it is nice to see the sun yesterday. Though we are at -10 wind chill this morning and schools are closed. I am thankful I did not have to go out this morning to take the kids to school or to go into the office.

DD has me really stressed out and I haven't been able to get work out in. She is still dizzy and she has mentioned at times that it feels like her brain is shutting off. She called it like a blip. So I took her back to the doctor. She is getting a Cat scan of her sinuses and he is sending her to a cardiologist. He does not know what is going on or what could be causing it. So we are one by one eliminating things. He did say this could be caused by covid and she may be a long hauler. He really wishes there was a way to test for it so we would know for sure. The antibody test wouldn't be accurate since you wouldn't know if the antibodies are from covid or the vaccine. I am glad that I got an appointment on Monday with the cardiologist and next Friday for the Cat scan (only if insurance approves it. I am not holding my breath. They didn't approve mine over the summer, both are for our sinuses).
Hoping you get answers soon. :hug:

I think a Friday Fun Day sounds great!
By the the end of January we could all use one of those.

For my Friday Fun Day I will get a chicken Cobb salad from the drive through at Panera and then check out two consignment store near me-one furniture and the other clothing. Then at 5:00 I will shake up a martini and sit by the fire and listen to smooth jazz. .:goodvibes

I am thankful DH has scheduled our couch to go bye bye. One less thing in the garage! It would be nice if it were in the house, but the workers haven't come back so things are undone. The TV he's been eye balling came on sale so since we put that in the room we've moved two chairs back. The new couch should arrive in a couple months. Then one of those chairs will leave, and it won't be my wooden rocker!

I'm thankful for sunny days. Even if they are super cold (for our area--warm compared to some of you)!

Thankful for conference days without students. I should get lots done at work. Mainly I need to wrap my head around the fact my co-worker will be gone for six weeks! I definitely won't be bored at work.

Thankful the other night DH and I saw a Beyond Van Gogh and then had dinner with DS1 and wife. It felt like a date!

We are getting ready for some serious snow around here. DH will be working tomorrow because of it, from home thankfully. But our date night to the theater is down the tubes which really stinks.
Just going through today. Still super tired cant seem to shake that. It's getting old.
Might do some baking tomorrow we'll see.

Nothing going on here. After this stressful week I up for nothing. DD had a rough night. We have decided to stop the birth control pills she is on. She is not happy about it. She knows not taking them that she will have really heavy periods and horrible cramps. We are just seeing if maybe these are the issue. I hate seeing her like this and really wants her to get better.

Stay safe for those of you on the east coast. I hear it is supposed to be a bad storm. We shouldn't get really any snow this weekend but the bitter cold will be around a bit longer.

wow y'all are talking feet of snow and we are over here excited because for the 3rd weekend in a row we are going to get 1-2 inches :)
Hate it ruined your plans though if we could shift your foot of snow down south most of us would take it for a weekend :)

Let's see... to make it Friday Fun Day I'll go with fewer meetings and no meetings where I am the presenter. By some miracle 12n to 3p was open on my calendar so I blocked it out for some quiet work time and will decline meetings if anything comes up. Something else that would be fun would be more sunshine, and it looks like we might get it. Starting the laundry might be fun, because it would mean one less chore over the weekend.

No big plans for the weekend. Still not feeling good so will keep it pretty low key. Do need to go down to the store at the mall to return some things and make a run to Goodwill, other than that, well Netflix of course!

Hope everyone getting hit with weather/snow this weekend stays safe and warm.

The kids renamed Friday Fun Day: Friday Fun Yay!

It was a great day to just let them be kids. After weeks of assessments, observations, multiple cases of covid, and pressure from the top (we should all be diamonds), we needed a day to put the iPads away, have extra long Center Time (I opened Dramatic Play), dance, sing, and have a birthday party with rainbow cupcakes (which I did not eat).

Since it is the end of the marking period, the after school program will no longer be using our classroom and destroying everything in their path. We celebrated that too today. Every morning I spend at least 10 minutes cleaning up from them. On Monday, they will be moving onto another classroom, Thank God.

An alumnus from PreK 9 years ago invited me to her 8th grade graduation. It's nice to be loved and appreciated.

We are looking at anywhere from 6 to 18 inches of snow depending on how the storm tracks. We have light snow messing up the roads right now which makes me nervous since DD will be driving in rush hour in it. Apparently going to work people were driving like idiots, and she came close to having an accident multiple times. I am praying that she gets home safely tonite. 🙏

We’re only getting about 2-3 inches here in PA but if we were in our house in OC they are calling for blizzard conditions and at least 7-9 inches and drifts of up 2 feet! You New Englanders are in for it as well-stay safe! Hope your daughter is home, Summer.
Sorry your plans were canceled, Shanny-this time of year I keep my fingers crossed making any kind of plans in advance.

No weekend plans.

DS2 from New York says the city is basically shutting down. He had a couple gigs this weekend and they've all been cancelled. He's happy enough to stay in his dorm, do homework, and practice, but of course the money would have been nice.

We're expecting our final day of clear and cold tomorrow before a bit of rain and cold. :umbrella:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter