new to run disney

westdo2gg

Earning My Ears
i know that the registration to run Disney says that you have to be there to pick up you packet for the princess half marathon. problem is we will be arriving after 3 on Saturday. any idea if they will have pick up on day of race or someone else can pick them up with proper id or what not? thanks

i know that the registration to run Disney says that you have to be there to pick up you packet for the princess half marathon. problem is we will be arriving after 3 on Saturday. any idea if they will have pick up on day of race or someone else can pick them up with proper id or what not? thanks
Generally speaking, no to both of your questions. I would suggest contacting RunDisney directly to explain your situation and to work out alternatives with them. Anectdotallly speaking, exceptions have been reported on this board under the RunDisney forum, but I can not attest to the validity of those. I would also suggest checking out the RunDisney forum and the race specific threads. There's already a lot of information out there for the 2022 Princess Weekend. Good luck with your training!

Yes, there has always been race morning bib pick up. They don't advertise it, because they don't want people to abuse it. But you can absolutely get your bib Sunday morning. However, you can not get your shirts on Sunday. You could email and ask to have them mailed, but they may or may not do that.

Yes, there has always been race morning bib pick up. They don't advertise it, because they don't want people to abuse it. But you can absolutely get your bib Sunday morning. However, you can not get your shirts on Sunday. You could email and ask to have them mailed, but they may or may not do that.

The problem is that race morning pickup has always been intended for emergency situations that arise unexpectedly like travel delays due to bad weather or delayed flights. It’s never been intended for “we just didn’t plan to get there in time“. Unfortunately, the more people abuse its availability the more likely they are to crack down and not offer it.

The problem is that race morning pickup has always been intended for emergency situations that arise unexpectedly like travel delays due to bad weather or delayed flights. It’s never been intended for “we just didn’t plan to get there in time“. Unfortunately, the more people abuse its availability the more likely they are to crack down and not offer it.
I get it. Its just not a "no" as the previous poster seemed to imply.

I get it. Its just not a "no" as the previous poster seemed to imply.
And my "no" came directly from the RunDisney website.

Runner Experience
runDisney Health & Fitness Expo
  • Day-of-race bib pickup will not be available. Participants will need to pick up their race bib and participant shirt before the day of their race.
  • Please check runDisney.com and the Digital Event Guide for more details on the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo closer to the event.

And my "no" came directly from the RunDisney website.

Runner Experience
runDisney Health & Fitness Expo
  • Day-of-race bib pickup will not be available. Participants will need to pick up their race bib and participant shirt before the day of their race.
  • Please check runDisney.com and the Digital Event Guide for more details on the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo closer to the event.
It always says that and has for years and years. And they always have it, including at W&D last month.

As I said, they don't advertise it, but it is available.

I wouldn't risk getting in that late for a race. For a Sunday race I would not arrive later than early Friday. Too many things could go wrong and as cases increase we may see a lot of flights moved around.

and as cases increase we may see a lot of flights moved around.

I have had almost every flight I have been on since the pandemic started moved in some capacity. Usually weeks before the flight even leaves. In one case, the flight was moved to a completely different day (that was Spirit, who also moved a flight up several hours that would make me unable to make it…). So, I second building in a day’s wiggle room.

I have had almost every flight I have been on since the pandemic started moved in some capacity. Usually weeks before the flight even leaves. In one case, the flight was moved to a completely different day (that was Spirit, who also moved a flight up several hours that would make me unable to make it…). So, I second building in a day’s wiggle room.

I've had that as well. The other issue with the January and February races is weather. If you are coming from winter there may be a storm that causes delay. Anyone connecting has two flights that could move. One time I had my first flight moved back and second moved up. In that instance I had just enough time to still make the connection but at a full out sprint I got to the doors after everyone had boarded.

I've gotten to the point that unless it is not an option I will only fly direct to races. If there is only one direct flight I'll fly a day earlier if I have to. There is enough stress around races I don't need to add possibly missing it entirely to the mix.

I will only fly direct to races. If there is only one direct flight I'll fly a day earlier if I have to.
This is what I was trying to do with Spirit! But they have screwed me over too many times now… so Delta with a layover it is. I trust them a lot more (knock on wood).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter