New to DISboards with a question about HHN Express!

kylieelizabethhh

Hogwarts is my home⚡️
Hey, everyone! I decided to finally make an account and start chatting instead of just lurking like I have for the past year.

My husband and I are going to be at HHN on the 7th (Saturday) and 8th (Sunday) of October! So excited to be doing 2 nights this year instead of just 1 night like last year. We bought Express passes for Saturday, but not for Sunday. My credit card cried enough after I spent $260 on 2 Express passes, I didn't think it could handle another $260 at that time.

My question is, should we consider getting another Express pass for that Sunday? I know the 9th is a holiday, so I assume crowds on that Sunday night will be high. I'm just wondering if we stay for the whole event, if the crowds will die down before the park closes, therefore making the house lines shorter.

Thanks in advance for any insight and advice!

Sunday will be packed
Been doing Columbus Day weekend for many years

Ep is the thing to have for that date

Check out the public rip tours for that Sunday
You do all the houses and scare zones and a seat for bill and ted show in the tour

And all will be accomplished in less than 4 hours

I stopped going on Saturdays due to the crowds that weekend
But maybe it will be acceptable for you and not an issue

To avoid long lines, be in the holding areas when the parks close

You will be ahead of the crowds and be able to get about 3 houses down before line waits begin

Sunday will be packed
Been doing Columbus Day weekend for many years

Ep is the thing to have for that date

Check out the public lox tours for that Sunday
You do all the houses and scare zones and a seat for bill and ted show in the tour

And all will be accomplished in less than 4 hours

I stopped going on Saturdays due to the crowds that weekend
But maybe it will be acceptable for you and not an issue

To avoid long lines, be in the holding areas when the parks close

You will be ahead of the crowds and be able to get about 3 houses down before line waits begin
Thanks for replying!

When I went last year, it was on the Sunday before Columbus Day. Definitely busy, but Express made it totally doable. Got to see every house, and both shows. We stayed after Universal closed at 5 and waited, then went straight to AHS.

I'll check out the tours! I didn't even think about that. I'm hoping that Universal will release scarezones soon, because that will play a huge factor in if we get Express or not for the second night. If the scarezones are good, I don't mind spending more time in them.

Last year that Sunday was not bad or too crowded

Due to the park closing Friday due to the hurricane, many left for home
Day prior or day after Matthew hit

I did the Sunday in a public tour and covered everything in 3 hours and 30 minutes
My private tour was cancelled for the Friday so did a quick add on tour for Sunday
Private tours were not available but public ones were

Just saying last year for the Sunday did not have the typical large crowds

Oh right, I forgot about that. It sounds like express will definitely be in our best interest, then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter