New Thread - What have you seen on the EA?

DJT

DIS Veteran
Just returned Saturday night, 2/5. Arrived on the EA on 1/29 at 12:30 p.m. The Aisle was FULL of intermediates and full sizes. We selected a Buick LaCrosse with 5,000 miles on it. Very nice. Leather seats, sun roof, etc. Easy driving and comfy.
When we returned the car on 2/5 at 12:00 Noon, my nephew and his wife who were with us for three days, got out and went to the EA to pick out their own car for the rest of their stay. They got a new Buick SUV. They were happy with that! There were no SUVs or vans on the Aisle when we arrived on 1/29.

So, let me understand this Emerald Club...
You can choose from cars on a separate Emerald lot, size of car is irrelevant?
I just reserved an "intermediate" and I am going to try to get a free membership to the Emerald Club.... can someone spend a sec explaining it?
Roger L

yiotta said:
So, let me understand this Emerald Club...
You can choose from cars on a separate Emerald lot, size of car is irrelevant?
I just reserved an "intermediate" and I am going to try to get a free membership to the Emerald Club.... can someone spend a sec explaining it?
Roger L

Emerald Club is a loyalty club or a frequent renter club which allows you to bypass the counter because they already have all your info.

As a member of the Emerald Club you can book an Intermediate and then head to the Emerald Aisle and pick from those cars on that aisle. It will mostly be stocked with Intermediates but sometimes, and only sometimes, it might have an upgrade; I've never had luck with any kind of an upgrade thus far but others have.

Then if you book any other size, your reservation will be Emerald Reserve and you head to the aisle of the size you booked and that IS what you'll get.

If you use an upgrade coupon or book a carseat, you will have to visit the counter and cannot bypass it.

Then there's the Executive Aisle for the very frequent renters and they are guaranteed a Full size or better and they head to the Executive Aisle.

National doesn't make it any easier than being a member of emerald aisle. I was one of the lucky ones this year and moved to the Executive Aisle for 2005. I guess it's a sign that I went to disney world more than 40 days this year....wow. We used the Executlve Aisle in January and it was such a great peace of mind that we knew we were getting at least a full size car. We got a brand new SUV Rendevous--gotta love the new car smell. I just hope I can keep at the 40 day mark again this year so that we stay at this level.

BTW, when we picked up our car in January on MLK weekend, the EA lot was empty, so not sure where people were being directed. It was lot B.

My next trip is April 29th and we are trying Independence for the first time. I believe they come in closer to lot A, so will be my first time choosing my rental from Lot A.

n2mm said:
National doesn't make it any easier than being a member of emerald aisle. I was one of the lucky ones this year and moved to the Executive Aisle for 2005. I guess it's a sign that I went to disney world more than 40 days this year....wow. We used the Executlve Aisle in January and it was such a great peace of mind that we knew we were getting at least a full size car. We got a brand new SUV Rendevous--gotta love the new car smell.

And with the Executive Level, you can choose any car that National has.
:cool1:
:earsgirl: :earsboy:

executive level has full size cars or better.....charged at a midsize price

and exclusive supposedly for the buick LaCrosse thus the original poster must have been Executive aisle or someone mis parked the LaCrosse on EA ( the G6 Pontiac is supposedly exclusive to the EA aisle )

saturday ...both regular EA and Executive Aisle had a great selection of cars and SUVs......at least on the A side....this was at 9 in the morning.....YMMV

so at least in orlando you could end up with a SUV on EA but it is not guaranteed.....the only guarantee for EA is mid size car

This is a great thread and I have read quite a lot of it - well the old one I mean! Although I am not a fan of mid-size cars, the crazy prices for our week combined with the ridiculously long lines at the counters last trip, convinced me it was time to put my Emerald Club membership to the test. Needless to say, I am hoping they have some choices larger than mid-size (although I know that is all I am guaranteed.)

I will be arriving around 10:30 am on 2/27, the Sunday morning at the end of President's week. We should have only carry-on luggage (at least that's the plan) so either A or B for the car is fine. Do you think it makes a difference which side I try, or does it seem to be pot luck? Should I observe the foot traffic, and head to the side which seems to have lighter traffic, or just flip a coin? Any words of advise from the seasoned pros?

I am really looking forward to finally trying this out and I will report back after our trip. Thanks all the great info! :sunny:

["and exclusive supposedly for the buick LaCrosse thus the original poster must have been Executive aisle or someone mis parked the LaCrosse on EA ( the G6 Pontiac is supposedly exclusive to the EA aisle )"]

I am the original poster and the Buick LaCrosse was definitely an Emerald Aisle car. If it had been on the Executive Aisle, we would not have been allowed to leave the garage with it, as happened to us once. That time we took a car that was parked on the Emerald Aisle that was actually an Executive Aisle car and when we got to the booth, we were told we had to put it back. At the time we took the car, we didn't know it wasn't an EA car, as it was parked in the EA aisle. The Buick LaCrosse was on the EA and we were allowed to take it. There was also a Pontiac G6 on the Aisle, which we thought about taking, but decided the LaCrosse was more to our liking.

Donna

Arrived 1/28 - had rented a full size because on our Dec trip there wasn't much on EA or full size (they let us pick from Executive aisle) - this time EA was full of cars - lots of SUVs. There were only 3 Chevys on full size, so they let us pick a Jeep SUV off of EA - it fit our luggage much easier than a trunk and drove great - I had to make a trip down to Boca and back ! :smooth:

DJT said:
["and exclusive supposedly for the buick LaCrosse thus the original poster must have been Executive aisle or someone mis parked the LaCrosse on EA ( the G6 Pontiac is supposedly exclusive to the EA aisle )"]

I am the original poster and the Buick LaCrosse was definitely an Emerald Aisle car. If it had been on the Executive Aisle, we would not have been allowed to leave the garage with it, as happened to us once. That time we took a car that was parked on the Emerald Aisle that was actually an Executive Aisle car and when we got to the booth, we were told we had to put it back. At the time we took the car, we didn't know it wasn't an EA car, as it was parked in the EA aisle. The Buick LaCrosse was on the EA and we were allowed to take it. There was also a Pontiac G6 on the Aisle, which we thought about taking, but decided the LaCrosse was more to our liking.
Donna

When we were there in December, I walked down the EA and there were only Classics and Grand Am's. I got all the way to the end and there was an Impala and a Regal. I took the Impala, I loaded up the luggage and when I got in and took the hangtag off, it said Executive Aisle! The Executive Aisle was loaded with Impala's and Grand Prix's, they probably parked this one on the EA because there were no spaces left but didn't mark the tag. I was worried they would say something at the booth but they didn't.

I have already booked a full size car ( I like a big car with 4 doors )w/National for Sept 23. With my coupon & discounts its $228.10. I was wondering if I would be better off using the Emerald Club # I just signed up for and booking the intermediate for $214.58 ( w/same cuopon & discount) and being able to choose my car and bypassing the counter.....I just don't want to get stuck with a car thats only 2 door and on the smallish size. What do you guys think I SHOULD DO?

poutytink said:
I have already booked a full size car ( I like a big car with 4 doors )w/National for Sept 23. With my coupon & discounts its $228.10. I was wondering if I would be better off using the Emerald Club # I just signed up for and booking the intermediate for $214.58 ( w/same cuopon & discount) and being able to choose my car and bypassing the counter.....I just don't want to get stuck with a car thats only 2 door and on the smallish size. What do you guys think I SHOULD DO?

The only problem is, when you book through EA you are only guaranteed an intermediate car. Whether you find a larger one on the EA is always a gamble. So if you need a full size, you have to book and pay for a full size. You can, however, book your full size car through emerald reserve, which means you can only pick up your car from the full size aisle, not EA, but do get to bypass the counter. Hope that wasn't too confusing.

Arrived about 10am on Feb. 3rd the asile was full. I think there may of been only 2 or 3 empty parking spaces on the asile. This was a side. There were 4 aztecs(I took one with only 800 miles on it ) 2 pt cruisers a vibe and lots of cars, Didn't look to close at them as I knew I wanted the aztec. Saw a few grand ams and monte carlos.
Droped off Wed. the 9th about 3pm could tell the asile was full again but didn't really take the time to look and see what there was.

n2mm said:
The only problem is, when you book through EA you are only guaranteed an intermediate car. Whether you find a larger one on the EA is always a gamble. So if you need a full size, you have to book and pay for a full size. You can, however, book your full size car through emerald reserve, which means you can only pick up your car from the full size aisle, not EA, but do get to bypass the counter. Hope that wasn't too confusing.

Ok..so I don't get to bypass the counter if I go Emerald Reserve.....but I can still pick any car I want?? Is that what you mean? Ok, then is it worth changing the reseveration to this?

poutytink said:
Ok..so I don't get to bypass the counter if I go Emerald Reserve.....but I can still pick any car I want?? Is that what you mean? Ok, then is it worth changing the reseveration to this?

Emerald Reserve works just like Emerald Aisle except you pick from the size row you reserved instead of the EA. If you book Emerald Reserve full size, you can take any car in the full size row. You can skip the counter. Everyone picks their car at National, even if you go to the counter, they don't assign specific cars.

oh..ok..I think I'll try that so I can bypass the counter...thanks alot for the info! :wave:

Ok. It's great that we have started a new thread. I do have one request though. When anyone posts their findings of what is on the EA, please make sure to specify what side of the EA you are looking at. There's a good chance that most of us will not be picking from the executive side. Yes, for those of you who might be new or not realize it, one side is for the MORE frequent renters and the other side is for shlubs like us. My last experience, last May, the regular side had about 6 cars, one PT , two Malibus, an Alero which I took and a couple of others, while the exec side had Renedvous, Azteks, some vans, you name it.

If you can remember, tell us what is on both sides of the EA!

Thanks

OK, I'm a serious Newby to renting cars. Got an awsome rate, or at least I think so. $158.00 for 8 days.

I reserved a full-size car. I also joined the Emerald Aisle, with the link from Mousesavers.

We need at least a full-size. We tend to overpack. Anyway, if I get this right, I will be able to bypass the counter :teeth:, and am guaranteed to at least a full-size, but possibly something better? OR, am I going to put in a full-size car automatically.

The main perk for us was to by-pass the line, but any thing else would be wonderful!!! :rotfl:

DJT

i was just reiterating what i got in an email....

as we all know......things happen and cars get placed in the wrong spots....either by mistake or on purpose

as long as you did not have trouble getting past the check out booth that is good...

one time we found a concorde on the EA, we got to the check out and she said you cannot have this car unless you upgrade....

we said we found it on the EA and were members.....she just said it was misparked....so we had to back up and get another car.....

everyone's mileage will vary for sure.....in spite of National posted policies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter