So glad you are having a fun day! And totally agree about the popcorn -- over a week later and I still can't identify the flavor other than "sort of sweet with a strong chemical aftertaste" -- was that supposed to be intergalactic? It was triggering my allergies, so now we've started bringing in our own popcorn from the cart in NOS. Stick with the classics! Maybe we'll see you in the park later, if you'll be there tonight! :)

Here now. DCA was very quiet this morning. Disneyland also looks like it will be busy but wait times aren’t bad for almost 2 hours after opening.

Sitting in galaxy edge. Bought the popcorn. It is sooo gross, omg! 🤢 Not sure how I’m going to finish this..
UPDATE: I could not finish the popcorn. Just too gross. Also whatever flavoring is in it set off a migraine...thankfully I brought my medicine with me, so I was ok. I gave it to a couple instead of tossing it lol. No more of that for me!
I didn’t try the popcorn because it sounds gross. I have yet to know anyone who actually liked it. :confused3

My husband and I had the rare opportunity to fly together this week. We got to Orange Counth and expected the passengers to have their typical two hour meeting and off to the Nextel place. Nope, overnight. So we decided to buy one day tickets with max pass after I looked at the app and saw low wait times for the afternoon. Smugglers run was only 50 minutes! Everything else under a half hour. Got there around 3 and spent a couple hours at swge then got Space fast passes, did that and a few other things and hopped to dca. All I can say was swge was incredible and exceeded my expectations. I was not expecting to go for another six months or more so my research has been basically nothing except one or two YouTube videos. I think not really knowing what to expect enhanced the experienced. And generally not even knowing I’d be in Disney until we were there.

Bottom line: if you have the opportunity to experience it even if it’s a really expensive 4 hours just do it. you won’t regret it.

On the subject of Galaxy's Edge being "set" between episodes VIII and IX - I'm totally on board with that, but it's just weird to me that they have Kylo in his mask?

Last edited:
Had a fun evening on Batuu. Saw Rey and Chewbacca leading a parade of future rebels trying to hide from the First Order. Chewbacca kept getting interrupted by kids running up to give him hugs. :) Line for MFSR was posted at 40 minutes, but actual wait time was more like 30 or a bit less. Long line outside the Cantina and many people loudly complaining that they didn't know how to get reservations. So nice to be able to just wander in, roam around, and enjoy GE like any other land in DL. Also nice to feel like we're really getting our bearings on Batuu.

I didn’t try the popcorn because it sounds gross. I have yet to know anyone who actually liked it. :confused3
I didn't hate it, but I still like regular popcorn better. It kind of reminded me of Tutti Fruitti (or whatever the fruity flavor was called). I couldn't really tell the difference between the different colors; they all kind of tasted the same to me. For the price, I'd rather just get the normal popcorn or the caramel corn.

On the subject of Galaxy's Edge being "set" between episodes VIII and IX - I'm totally on board with that, but it's just weird to me that they have Kylo in his mask?

Well, the mask is back for TROS in some capacity or another. It's a pretty iconic look for the character, too, though he was mask-less for TLJ.

Another cantina question. How big does the group need to be in order to sit at a table? I’m going with a group of 5 tomorrow and we are wondering they will seat us, or if we will be at one of those tables in the middle.

So glad you are having a fun day! And totally agree about the popcorn -- over a week later and I still can't identify the flavor other than "sort of sweet with a strong chemical aftertaste" -- was that supposed to be intergalactic? It was triggering my allergies, so now we've started bringing in our own popcorn from the cart in NOS. Stick with the classics! Maybe we'll see you in the park later, if you'll be there tonight! :)
The popcorn was so bad. Like I’m not sure who even designed it lol the chemical after taste is not pleasant! 🤮🤢

Another cantina question. How big does the group need to be in order to sit at a table? I’m going with a group of 5 tomorrow and we are wondering they will seat us, or if we will be at one of those tables in the middle.

We were a party of six and were given a standing table.

Hi my apologies if this has been asked and I've missed the answer. Is there a trick to getting a reservation to Oga's. I sat up til midnight last night which is 7am. From midnight till 12.10 the date was blacked out on the web. On the app I couldn't even get Oga's to come up. No one in my group will cry if we miss out but I would like to try and get a reservation. We are there from the 29 July.

Hi my apologies if this has been asked and I've missed the answer. Is there a trick to getting a reservation to Oga's. I sat up til midnight last night which is 7am. From midnight till 12.10 the date was blacked out on the web. On the app I couldn't even get Oga's to come up. No one in my group will cry if we miss out but I would like to try and get a reservation. We are there from the 29 July.
Reservations open at 7am Pacific time each morning. While it’s good to be on at 7 to get the time you want, so far it hasn’t been highly competitive, so you don’t need to be on in advance or frantically click or anything.

The popcorn was so bad. Like I’m not sure who even designed it lol the chemical after taste is not pleasant! 🤮🤢
My theory is that the popcorn was designed to repel ducks and rodents. We have yet to see a single duck or cat on Batuu! However, Disney popcorn designers have exceeded their goal: the popcorn repels guests, too. Time to go back to the drawing board!

Apparently the people waiting until “after the 4th” to go meant that SUPER literally. 😬🤪
Lol last year I went on the 4th and 5th...the 5th was def busier than the 4th. Adds to my theory that while holidays are for sure busy, people avoid them and go either the day before or after.

... What did you like/dislike about the drinks? I never know what to order...
With all my allergies, it was a bit nerve wracking in the Cantina. But the ingredients in the Cliff Dweller looked pretty safe, and it did work out well. The drink was sweet and fruity -- in a refreshing way on a warm day -- and DH liked it, too. DH had the Blurrgfire and thought it was basically tasty, but too spicy (he's sensitive to spicy). All the drinks appear to come from taps (pre-made/mixed), so they can't be customized (which makes avoiding allergies a challenging game!). Now I bring in a bottle of water and a Sprite for DH to dilute/mix with whatever else we order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter