New (possibly) swap idea....

sweet maxine-

definitely count me in for a swap. It will be my first so I'm looking forward to it!

Thanks!
Kate716

A ride swap would be great! DD and I are both in but she *MUST* have Small World so I'll have to be glued to the computer to sign up! :) I missed the cruise swap, they fill so quick.

So what's next? I'd love to get in on park swaps even though they were done not too long ago. Are there enough newbies to fill it again? I count for too, me and DD sarahzee.

Let the swapping begin! :banana:

ACK!! You know, it's beginning to sound like we could have enough people for two swaps! We're going to be fighting tooth & nail for spots I'm afraid. Let's just hope we don't lose our "nice place to hang out with NO fighting" reputation for this board! ;)

Seriously, I'd love to do the park swaps too. I wasn't doing it/was too new to sign up when they were run.

piratesmate said:
ACK!! You know, it's beginning to sound like we could have enough people for two swaps! We're going to be fighting tooth & nail for spots I'm afraid. Let's just hope we don't lose our "nice place to hang out with NO fighting" reputation for this board! ;)

Seriously, I'd love to do the park swaps too. I wasn't doing it/was too new to sign up when they were run.

I agree!!

I bet we could run the park swaps again (cause frankly there just isnt alot of options on new topics.. We could do a DL's 50th birthday swap but I doubt many would be interested ;))

Its a fine line on the swaps- Too big and the amount of projects get intimidating (ie the idea of doing 40...)- to small and people dont get to join in- I do think we can run 2-3 at a time pretty sucessfully (well we are doing it pretty good right now..)

So if I can play boss I would say that the time frame could be-
End of April- Characters Swap ends
May 1ish- Ride Swap starts
June 1- Cruise Swap 1 ends
early June- Cruise Swap 2 starts
July 1ish- Ride Swap ends
early July- Park Swap 1 Starts
early August- Cruise Swap 2 ends
August- ______ Swap starts (dunno if we should piggyback the Parks or have another go)
Sep- Park 1 Swap End

One thing I think could be done *if* there is enough interest (though I think it wouldnt be a job for a first time host) is to do a double swap- Lets say take Park Swap 1- Have 2 totally seperate yet identical Park swaps running with one host (so that things stay smooth on most info) so that instead of 24 people only getting to play then up to 48 can- ie the first 24 people would choose as normal and that swap would "fill" and then the swap would "start over" for the next 24 people if that makes sense- So that it wasnt as much of a horse race to get in-

Unless Nicki Dahling wants to rehost the parks- Id be happy to do it :)

Em - I now dub you :wizard: ...the Queen of Swap Planning! princess: Seriously, sounds great to me. The double swap sounds good too, good idea! Thanks for going forward with this!

Em, I love that idea, and it sounds like it will work out for all of us. I also would like to do the Park Swap, since I missed out on it last time.

Em have at it. I will probably host one the begginning of the year. Anyone interested in doing a Universal studios one? We are headed there next year. And when we went years back it was really hard to find items to scrap with.

Cyndi

Disneyland_emily said:
So that it wasnt as much of a horse race to get in-QUOTE]

That's what's so good about the ride swap because there is so many rides to choose from. It's just the more people, the harder it is for the host. I would just be happy to be in it, I'd scrap any ride...
Would it be easier to divide the groups into parks, almost combining the park swap as well? I missed the park swap so I don't know the details. From the amount of people, if assigned to a park that might "delay" the "horserace".?
I can start anytime because I am not in any other swaps. Maybe those who aren't can be one group as well. The times sound great either way! Trust me I would LOVE a reason to do the Cruise one!!
To the OP who suggested a 50th, maybe we could exchange layout ides since it the pictures might only take a couple of pages.
I'm on board and eager to start! :Pinkbounc

You know Cyndi, I was thinking the same thing, and I definitely would be interested in participating in a US/IOA swap. I agree though, it is kinda hard to find things to scrap with for Universal Studios.

Since I'm going waaay back looking through old pix, I've got trips to Disneyland and Universal Studios Hollywood that I forgot about (how could I forget something like that? :confused3 ). So I think that I can really use anything we do for swaps.

Hmmmm, a Disney 50th? Maybe I need to do a little more trip planning... ;)

Okay I can handle being da boss ;)

How we did the parks last round was that we choose a park (say Studios) and then everyone choose from that whatever they wanted so we got some rides, some shows, some lands, some parades, and some just "themes" a good general mix which will work and I think coming off the ride swap itll prob be an even better mix-

I say lets do the ride swap seperate (as planned) because I have a feeling it will be heavily MK and Epcot with less Studios and DAK (generally less rides to choose from) then launch say DAK first because I think it will complement well.

Sweet Maxine-- Did you want to/were you going to host the Ride Swap?

-------

I think a US/IOA would be fun- I havent been there in forever but that might change soon... ;)

----------

oh and "To the OP who suggested a 50th, maybe we could exchange layout ides since it the pictures might only take a couple of pages. " Well I think it'll be atleast 1 full book for me... Course I will be there on DL's actual birthday.. :)

Emily, I may have to back out of hosting the Ride Swap. :( I just was looking over my calendar for May, and I'm going to be gone for about 3 weeks. That means I have to depend on someone here at home to take care of getting my mail in, and I would rather be here in person. I've also got high school activities (DD & DS), and Mom is coming to visit the first weekend in May. So it looks pretty grim for my being able to devote the time I would need to in setting up the swap and looking after it. I definitely don't mind doing it, I just think that I would rather do it when I can devote my attention to it.

Ooooh, I hope someone signs up for RnR Coaster! My kids love that one! I can't wait to see what everyone wants to do!

Hey not a prob- I love how life gets in the way of fun sometimes :)

Well if its allright with everyone I wouldnt mind hosting and try out this double swap idea because I think we may need it- and its a wide enough topic that itll work without doubling up :)

-em

SWAP! SWAP! SWAP!!! I'm so excited!!! I will be taking off for my favorite place in the world on May 9 . . . PLEASE DON'T FORGET ME!!!

This Friday we're heading down south to another cheerleading competition . . . Ocean City Maryland, "Reach the Beach" :scratchin Sniff, Sniff . . . do I smell another first place win for my dd and her team?!? I sure hope so!! This is supposed to be some real stiff competition . . . we'll see!!! Either way, we're sure to have a great time!!

Got a little off track, please don't start without me!!

I think I may have posted earlier, but I am also interested in the ride swap. I've got tons of WDW stuff left over, so I woudl be happy to share them.

Please keep the group informed. Thanks!

just bumping up -- was there a sign up list yet for this ? sorry if i missed it. Michelle

Nope- It will be prob the last week in Apr/first week of May- If the character swap ends on time itll be the last week in April- If not itll be the first part of May- It looks like I'll be out of town for about 6 days near the first half of May but I will give full details once I know them and I will prob lauch it before I leave-

-em

I would like to try this I have never done a swap so if someone would kinda help me I would appreciate it.
I am in for the fun
:earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

I would like to join in on this swap when it gets started. Is it still going to be a ride swap or did everyone decide to do another park swap? I'm trying to get prepped for my upcoming trip to WDW so I won't be so overwhelmed with my scrapping when I get back.

Also, I'm a total newbie so help with the process would be awesome! TIA!

Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter