• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New News: HH and Beach Club

dotterson

Mouseketeer
Just spoke to my DVC 'counselor' to ask about the Beach Club's progress.
According to her, it will not be ready until Oct. 2002. It will be near impossible to
get ressies there unless you buy points for the first year. I'm bummed, because
I wanted them for Nov. 2002.

Also, she said that HH (which didn't seem to sell for a long time) is about sold out
and will be in 6-9 months.

Just thought I'd pass this on... New to the Board (love all the great info!)

d:rolleyes:

What do you mean when you say "buy points for the first year". I was hoping to get ressies at Beach Club Villas for Oct 2002. I was planning on buying points at BC as soon as they pre-sell. Are you saying I should be able to get the ressies or I won't be able to get them???

Hi,

You will be able to get ressies because you're buying an interest in the Beach Villas. I will not, because I'm not buying them.

I would assume this means they will not have much done at the time, and they expect those who have pre purchased will eat up all the ressies from the units declared into the condominium. They should still have cash ressies available from the 4% they reserve for non condominium use.

I guess that's how they work it. My counselor said I have a 'slim to none' chance of getting it -- first to the purchasers, and leave rooms open for those who might purchase. They can't take reservations until the place is officially open Oct. 2002 (IOW, no 7 months out). So after it opens, a mad rush for the purchasers and they probably don't have a lot ready anyway. I don't recall if that was the case with the Wilderness -- no real ressies for a year after it opened(?)

I'm really disappointed. I wanted to try it for my hubbie's 40th. He likes the Wilderness, we like Boardwalk. Since it's his B-day... oh well. I suppose we can wait until next time... I will try tho in Oct. and book someplace else my 7 months out (my home DVC is HH).

d

P.S. We definitely don't have $$ to buy more points there. I don't know if this is true, but I don't think that would change the 11 vs. 7 months ressies, no? since our home DVC and all our other points are at HH.

thanks, d

I don't agree with the statement your guide gave you... You should have a very good chance of booking BC the first few months... When they DO start taking reservations for BC, it will be open to ALL DVC members, because it will be within the 7 month timeframe... So whether you do or do not own points there will be irrelevant the first 7 months the resort is open... In our experience getting reservations the first six months at a new resort is pretty easy...

That would be GREAT! I will be calling at 7 months (is it to the day or just the month???) Hey, people at Disney have been wrong before! (I was so discouraged from getting Cindy Ressies and got them two days out!) To be safe, I'll call at 7 months and if they don't take the Beach Club, call again when they open and switch them over if they become available.

I really would like to go to the Beach Villas. We like trying new things and since we can't agree on the BW or WV... I feel obligated to taking the WV because it's his B-day, but my daughter and I really liked BW better. Of course, to add to the dilemna -- his B-day is around Thanksgiving... I would rearrange the restaurants and touring schedule according to where we are staying...

thanks, d

Hi,

You have the right plan.. make your regular ressie as is & as soon as BCV's open up for reservations, call and make the switch... Your guide is definitely incorrect about you not being able to get a ressie... The way it worked for WLV, is that people signed up early, but their deeds could not be recorded until the Villa's actually opened & received all permits.... to receive the right permits, the location must be open... So any of us have the same opportunity to make reservations the first seven months.... If I'm wrong, I'm sure Doc or Rich will step in, but I'm almost completely certain on this!

Who is your guide by the way?

It is absolutely true that when a new DVCresort opens, it is VERY easy to get reservation there with any points at all. THis is dues to the fact that they declare inventory nto DVC on a quarterly basis. They have to declare it into DVC before it is actually sold so that the sales folk will actually have inventory to sell. Even if every person who buys wants a reservation right away, there will still be way more of BCV declared into DVC inventory then the new members could possibly reserve.

It will be very easy to get reservation during most of the first year.

That would be SO great. I really wanted a new place this time! (We've never tried any of their restaurants, either!) I would imagine the point value is about the same too as the other DVCs at DW.

My only prob is it's a holiday week, but I guess if I call as soon as it's available, it's kinda like jockeying for Cindy Ressies! Almost a challenge! :D

Thanks for you're help. My guide's name is Sue Schell from HH. She says she's been with Disney 7 years...

I was really concerned. As usual, these Forums have helped out!

d

AHHH, since she's not on-site, perhaps she's not aware of how they open the new resorts & how the points are allotted.....

I think you will have to call THE MINUTE, the very minute they start taking reservations, but I have absolutely no doubt that if you call the day they take them, that you WILL get your reservation....

Good luck & report back at that time!!

Thanks SO much! How will I know when they open? Will Disney send something, or will this Board post the dates????

(Geez, I'm neurotic! It's more than a year away. I just want his B-day to be special!) I really can't get enough of Disney. We just got back the 22nd and I want MORE!!! (For those few days, there weren't any problems...)

You guys are the best!

d

Generally speaking, WATCH THE BOARD!!! Stuff always gets posted here well in advance of when DVC actually notifies us....

This is THE best Board (I've looked at 4). Some don't even have a DVC discussion!

Ok, now that I got you, do they still have the Length of Stay discounts for park tickets? If they don't, I usually buy Park Hoppers about 6 months ahead so I'm not overwhelmed with the bills!!!

Thanks for your help,

d

For those that are keeping track, I can see sell-out at HH has gotten 2 months closer in the past 3 years.;)

LOL Fenceman :D I noticed that also....

As for the LOS discount, they still do offer it, I think it's 15%.. Not an overwhelming savings.... We buy AP's (Getting a DC discount) & then use them for our upcoming trip & then a trip 11 months later.... Since we got every year, this works out great....

So, I get the Length of Stay is better than the Disney Club discount... It that true?

Thanks, d

Good question, I'm not sure if it works out less expensive or not! You can call Member Services, they can give you the exact figures... Then ask about the cost of the Park Hoppers with the Disney Club discount.... Maybe start a new post on the board asking what the cost of the Length of Stay is for DVC members, that way, someone might see the post that knows the answer!!!

Length of Stay discount is 10% for DVC Members, about 5% for Disney Club Members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter