New Jersey Week Visitors

Freehold family of 5 will be in WDW 10/28 to 11/5. MNSSHP on 10/31. Got terrific air fare on Delta Song out of JFK for $125/person. Hotel still up in the air. Have a ressie at AKL at a really great rate, but hoping to get into Poly if AP rates are released.

Originally posted by JoiseyMom
Hey gjerseygirl & Donnainnj,

I am also from Monmouth County. We are in Manalapan. I wish my district gave us the week off!! The week of 1/2 days that month is a killer. We usuall get the 2 NJEA days, then 1/2 days and a day off for Veterans day. They changed it just for this year. Oh well, I hope my DD teacher is nice :). I am sure my DD isn't then only one to be out that week.

I can't wait till Thursday....Pop, Poly, GF, and AKL, here I come!!!!
(Yes I am crazy, we are resort hopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Hi JoiseyMom,

I'm in Manalapan also. We used to get 3 days off during Jersey Week - Election Day plus the 2 NJEA days. Now it's only the 2 NJEA days. We will also be on vacation that week but not Disney :sad2: We will be on a cruise that week. I already know that DS has a teacher who has a reputation for 2-3 hours a night of homework :eek: I guess I know what DS will be spending his time on during the half days!:teacher:

P.S. Love your user name!

Checking in from Toms River, NJ. We are taking advantage of NJEA. Our school is closed Nov. 4 and 5th. We are flying down to Disney on Friday Oct. 29. We booked the Land/Sea package from Oct. 31 through Nov. 7. We will be at the Poly from Oct. 31 through Nov.4 then we will be on the Disney Wonder. I am so excited this is our first time going on a Disnye cruise. We are booked right now for Oct 29 and 30 at the Radisson Parkway Resort, but we are hoping for some codes and we will switch to a disney resort. We have tickets to the MNSSHP on Oct. 29. I am going with DH, DS11, DD7 and DD4.

We're going Oct. 29 - Nov. 7 and splitting our stay between the WL and Cypress Pointe Grand Villas. The kids will miss three days of school - wish we had the full week off. We're flying out of PHL and our flights are sold out going and coming back, so I expect to see plenty New Jerseyans on the plane.

HI all! We are from Vineland and we'll be driving down with our 5th Wheel Camper. Our trip is October 27- November 11 & will be at MNSSHP on October 29th! I can't wait! We were down for a month last year in October/November...its a great time to visit.

honestly don't find it any more crowded as some people suggest.

hey,gjerseygirl, just got back from LBI. rained most of the day then sun came out. can't wait to get back. we usually swim in shipbottom. Also, if you go to the manahawkin flea market on saturday or sunday you can get "Jersey Girl" t-shirts for just $4.

I have several.

last year went to food and wine festival which is superb. don't miss it.

sorry we can't go this year. DD starting high school and she joined color guard....want to wait a year and see how things go.

but all "You Guys" have fun........

see ya next year though.

and
btw,

HHN at Universal is really scary but lots and lots of fun

Another Jersey girl here-we're going on 10/24-11/1 staying at the GF. Going to MNSSHP on 10/26. I live by LBI too-I live in Barnegat. Hope to see some of you down there. We're taking our kids out of school for a week.:wave2: :wave2:

Hey JerseyMom,

Thanks, I love your user name too!! What grade is your DS going into?? My DD is going into third. I haven't heard anything about her teacher yet. There are going to be a lot of kids out that week in our district. But that is what happens when you switch things after...hmmm... I have had kids in the district for 12 years (my oldest will be 21 this coming November). My DD will also be playing catch up during the week of 1/2 days!! Well at least I know she will be busy :).

We will also be there during Jersey week!! Oct 29-31 at YC and then a move to WL Oct 31 - Nov 7!! It is a great week to visit. The crowds aren't bad, the weather is great and the park is decorated for Halloween and there is the food and wine festival!! You just cant beat it!

Wishing everyone a "magical" day!!:wave:

Hey JerseyMom,

Thanks, I love your user name too!! What grade is your DS going into?? My DD is going into third. I haven't heard anything about her teacher yet. There are going to be a lot of kids out that week in our district. But that is what happens when you switch things after...hmmm... I have had kids in the district for 12 years (my oldest will be 21 this coming November). My DD will also be playing catch up during the week of 1/2 days!! Well at least I know she will be busy :).

DS is going into 4th grade. If your DD is going to Taylor Mills or Millford Brook, PM me because I may know something about her teacher - if DS didn't have the teacher then maybe one of his friends did.

I am hoping that DS's 4th grade teacher will give us some of his work ahead of time so he can at least get started on it - but I'm not counting on it. Some teachers have a policy that they will not give work ahead of time if it is for vacation.

Wow - I just noticed from your original post that you will be in 4 different resorts. How many days are you staying? We are going down on the 25th for 10 days and will be at CSR, CR and then the last night at the Hyatt in the airport (morning flight out).

Another Middletown resident here. We will staying at Universal 10/29 and 10/30 then checking in at BWV on 10/31 until 11/06. It's hard to beleive that I got a decent fare 2 weeks ago flying out of EWR on Continental non stop for $175pp and only $88 for an infant in a seat. We are flying out on the 28th and staying at MCO airport hotel I got for $45 on priceline. I saved so much on the airfare by flying out on a Thursday (1 day early), I don't mind paying for an extra night. This way we can get an early start at US.

Originally posted by gjerseygirl
I have a feeling they're gonna take jersey week away from us next year because everyone is complaining that we're getting out of school June 27!!!

If anything they will take away the two extra days from us. I don't think they will take away Election Day because the schools are used as polling places and the days off for the convention will never be taken away. Why do we have off on Columbus Day? And why do we need a 4 day weekend for President's Day? This year we have two 3 day weekends in a row. One for Lincoln's birthday and the other for President's day. We were also given a day off for Passover. And don't forget, this year is a contract year. Remember what happened with the last contract. At least the teacher's contract says they can't work beyond July 1st.

Hi - we're from Wayne and we'll be there for part of Jersey week. Hoping to leave right on the 4th and stay right through the 13th. My daughter will miss a week of 1st Grade, but she's willing to "sacrifice"!!

Tinkerbelle,

We'll see you at WL. We'll be there Nov 3-9.

DS will miss 2 days of school, Mon & Tues. But the difference in airfare was ridiculous. For him to miss one day, it was double. Now all the airfare on 11/3 is pretty well full out of Philly

JerseyMom,

Yes we are staying at four resorts. My DH wanted to surprise me with an adults only getaway, and orginally booked the nights of the 6, 7, & 8th at the Poly. When I started looking for a hotel for the nite of the 5th, we are landing in Orlando at 9:10 PM, I found out that Pop Century was the same price as the Holiday Inn I was looking at, so I booked it. Then I started thinking, that I really wanted to stay at AKL, and I got the rate for one nite there, and added it and then decided (with DH's input) to stay one nite at the Grand Floridan too. So we dropped two nights at the Poly and decided to Resort Hop!! I figured it this way, it was only 10.00 more than the nights at the Poly, and I get to stay at all these great resorts (Savannah View at AKL). Since we will only have one carryon piece of luggage each and no kids, it made sense. As a side note we are flying out of AC on Spirit Air.

For our Jersey week trip we (DH, Me, DD8 and DS3) are driving down. We will be staying with MIL in a 3 bedroom condo off site.

JoisyMom - have a wonderful trip. With no kids resort hopping will be much easier. I love AKL. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Poly and GF. While at AKL enjoy sitting on your balcony watching the animals - at least until the heat and humidity drive you back inside.

Well Im not from Jersey but I have been told I sound like I am. hehe. I was born and raised in New Orleans and contrary to what many believe, we do not talk Cajun. :) The NO accent is somewhat northen sounding. I have had people tell me I sound like im from NJ, Boston and NY. :) I will be at the Poly 10/31 to 11/6 so with my accent I should fit right in :) Looking forward to meeting all you NJ folks! :)

Take Care
Jamie

JerseyMom,

I have been to the Poly and LOVED it. That is why my DH initially picked that resort. It is his favorite. We stayed there over Christmas 2001 and did the silver plan. WOW, what a vacation. We got the best rate ever, and it was a last minute trip. He made the ressies on Thursday and we were down there on Saturday or Sunday if I remember correctly. We will never see prices like that ever again!! AKL, GF and Pop will be new to us. Any dinner suggestions for 10:00 PM at nite for Thursday??

Checking in from Exit 0 on the GSP. We're arriving at SSR on the 30th (Oct) for the duration of Jersey Week and we can't wait! Six of us are driving to Fla for this trip (4A, 2C)- the airfare prices have really gone up (from Philly and A.C), if one can get a flight at all. We've heard from others that the weather is great and the crowds are better than during the summer.

Just one reminder for those travelling that week - don't forget to get your absentee ballots and vote since we'll all be away on Election Day. As we all know- every vote counts!

JerseyMom,

I have been to the Poly and LOVED it. That is why my DH initially picked that resort. It is his favorite. We stayed there over Christmas 2001 and did the silver plan. WOW, what a vacation. We got the best rate ever, and it was a last minute trip. He made the ressies on Thursday and we were down there on Saturday or Sunday if I remember correctly. We will never see prices like that ever again!! AKL, GF and Pop will be new to us. Any dinner suggestions for 10:00 PM at nite for Thursday??

If Thursday is when you are at AKL, try Jiko - very nice place for a nice romantic dinner. If not, there are a number of good choices in DTD. Also, while at AKL, give Boma a try as well. On our last 4 day stay, we ate there 3 times for breakfast! That's how much we loved it. This trip we will be giving Ohana a try. Was going to try Kona Cafe but they have Koko Puffs on the menu. DS's guinea pig named Cocoa Puff just died and I'm afraid seeing the Koko Puffs will remind him again and make him very sad.

Hi NorthCapeMayMom - I was just down in your area last week - I have lots of cousins there. And you are right about the absentee ballots - I have to remember to get mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter