New Disneyland Tour for the 50th

getnthinr said:
  • Did you get vouchers for the parade seating and the fireworks seating? Are they separate vouchers or is it a question of going for the parade and sitting through the fireworks?
  • Also, how many rides did you ride while on the tour? Or did you simply get FASTPASSES for rides?
  • Did you get the promised PIN?

We did this tour a couple of weeks ago. To answer your questions.

* We didn't get vouchers. When we checked in for the tour they asked us if we wanted seating for the parade or for the fireworks. They give your name to the conductor at the train station. When you're ready to take your seat for the event (whichever one you picked), you just go to the train station and check in with the conductor. We chose the parade and sat down at the train station around 6:00 pm. We were tired and didn't mind just sitting and people watching. The conductor(s), periodically came out to make sure that those who were sitting in the roped off area were supposed to be sitting there.

* We rode on a number of rides. Our tour guide simply took us through the fast pass lineup on some of them or in the case of the rides that didn't have fast pass, we went through the exit. Example: Pirates - we went in through the back (against the flow of traffic - that was interesting). We boarded the boats on the exiting side. On Big Thunder, we went into the fast pass line.

The rides, if I can remember were: Storybook Canal Boats (we had a bunch of people on the tour...everytime the boat turned, we thought we would capsize. :lmao: ), Pirates, Big Thunder, Buzz Lightyear, Splash Mountain. My brother and I decided not to go on Splash Mountain but we got soaked on Pirates instead (we were in the front row and the water just came rushing in... :rotfl: ) We also went to the movie on Main Street which was about Walt's dream (documentary about the building of Disneyland).

* We got the promised pin. After Splash Mountain, we ended the tour in New Orleans Square (under the gallery) and our tour guide handed out bags with the pin, photograph (we had a group photo taken at the front of the park), and souvenir "E-booklet" book.

Our tour guide was terrific.

I'm curious about the seating for the fireworks. Is it a good view, or are there better views elsewhere? Small World or at the hub come to mind.

Hello,
We will be visiting Disneyland for the first time in March 07 and would love to take this tour. Do you know if they will offer the tour in March of 07?

Thanks

mom2dzb said:
I'm curious about the seating for the fireworks. Is it a good view, or are there better views elsewhere? Small World or at the hub come to mind.

According to the tour guides, the seating for the fireworks are the best seats in the park. Well...we chose the parade so I don't know if it's true or not. LOL

One good thing about the seats is that it probably doesn't get as congested and crowded as the hub. You can watch the fireworks in relative comfort and if you're aiming to leave the park right afterwards, you're already at the exit. :rotfl2:

I happen to have pictures from the train station area . I met a really nice CM who treated me to a magical moment - the left one in this picture. This is a view of the train platform with some of the seats that guests sit in the reserved area.

11450IMG_8155-med.JPG

View from the train platform - still light outside.

11450IMG_8156-med.JPG

View as nighttime falls

11450IMG_8158-med.JPG

Some fireworks show

11450IMG_8170-med.JPG

11450IMG_8180-med.JPG

Mary Jo, thanks for the pictures! It looks like you can barely see the castle. Isn't the castle where all of the action is? Could you see Tinkerbell from the train platform?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter