New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

I’m interested in what the restaurants will be. I’m sure AP will stay, but what about the others? Also I’d love a speciality restaurant that is nicer than Main Dining but not quite as nice as Palo. Like a steakhouse or Asian restaurant. You have to dress up a little bit but it’s not as high end as Palo/Remy.

The way some people dress to go to Palo, we are almost there now anyways. Its certainly become more relaxed over the years. But I do think a good steakhouse would be nice.

I like what Virgin Voyages are doing food wise - not so much buffets but a collection of food stations serving small plates. Personally i feel buffets have had thier time - not just from a cobid point of view but also a sustainability point of view.

Id also like to see a quieter outside bar/eatery for adults to dine at in the day offering something a little more grown up than the kind of fare currently served on the upper decks during the day and something more substantial than the food offered in Cove cafe.

I'd be interested to see how Animators evolves a third time. Im putting a heavy bet on a wayfarer type restaurant with a Moana theme- you can do great things with the theme and the food.

I'd really like smaller restaurants with perhaps 4 dining venues as opposed to 3 - what would be really cool would be to have some kind of star wars/space restaurant or a marvel themed restaurant - more opportunity to celebrate something other than princesses in a dining venue.

Whatever happens, I hope disney uses this as a way to inject some creativity and uniqueness back into some of thier onboard menus - I feel like the food has slowly declined over the years and become more theme park-esque versus the early offerings at DCL. I'd also like them to offer better quality pastry/desserts - I find most pastries dry and most desserts too gelatinous for my personal liking - but everyone likes different things I guess - im spoiled being European i guess!

But PLEASE keep the black truffle pursettes :)

The way some people dress to go to Palo, we are almost there now anyways. Its certainly become more relaxed over the years. But I do think a good steakhouse would be nice.

I like what Virgin Voyages are doing food wise - not so much buffets but a collection of food stations serving small plates. Personally i feel buffets have had thier time - not just from a cobid point of view but also a sustainability point of view.

Id also like to see a quieter outside bar/eatery for adults to dine at in the day offering something a little more grown up than the kind of fare currently served on the upper decks during the day and something more substantial than the food offered in Cove cafe.

I'd be interested to see how Animators evolves a third time. Im putting a heavy bet on a wayfarer type restaurant with a Moana theme- you can do great things with the theme and the food.

I'd really like smaller restaurants with perhaps 4 dining venues as opposed to 3 - what would be really cool would be to have some kind of star wars/space restaurant or a marvel themed restaurant - more opportunity to celebrate something other than princesses in a dining venue.

Whatever happens, I hope disney uses this as a way to inject some creativity and uniqueness back into some of thier onboard menus - I feel like the food has slowly declined over the years and become more theme park-esque versus the early offerings at DCL. I'd also like them to offer better quality pastry/desserts - I find most pastries dry and most desserts too gelatinous for my personal liking - but everyone likes different things I guess - im spoiled being European i guess!

But PLEASE keep the black truffle pursettes :)
Yeah, I think buffets are a thing of the past now. They will either be gone completely or it will be cafeteria style where someone puts the food on your plate.

I like your idea about food on the upper decks. I haven’t been but I know everyone raves about the tacos by the pool on Carnival. From what I understand, you tell them exactly what you want on them like at Chipotle and it’s delicious. Something like that would be cool. Options are always a good thing!

I’m interested in what the restaurants will be. I’m sure AP will stay, but what about the others? Also I’d love a speciality restaurant that is nicer than Main Dining but not quite as nice as Palo. Like a steakhouse or Asian restaurant. You have to dress up a little bit but it’s not as high end as Palo/Remy.

Check out page one and all the great suggestions for restaurants. Mine was for a 20's-40's type dinner club with a dance floor!

Yeah, I think buffets are a thing of the past now. They will either be gone completely or it will be cafeteria style where someone puts the food on your plate.

I like your idea about food on the upper decks. I haven’t been but I know everyone raves about the tacos by the pool on Carnival. From what I understand, you tell them exactly what you want on them like at Chipotle and it’s delicious. Something like that would be cool. Options are always a good thing!

We took our first cruise on Oceania in 2019 and we really liked the way they did their buffets. Their standard is to always plate the food for you. They have the plates behind the counter and it was quick, helpful and very convenient! (I like buffets because you have so many more options and you can see all the displayed food.) They even offered to carry plates back for the older crowd who were using a cane, etc. That would be a love concept on Disney. No more grungy little hands in the food (or as I've seen, people picking out food, then coming and putting it back! UGH)

I assume that’s decks 1-4? With the top being the walk way on deck 4? If it’s following the same type of layout as the Dream/Fanatsy

Good example of the higher ceiling height for Dk.3 where the atrium and shops are.

Wouldn't Disney normally start hyping more about the ship by now? When will they start telling us about the pool(s) and restaurants, etc.? How did the information start coming out with the other ships? Will they wait until it's totally built and painted and operational, or will they start sending out CGI images of what's in store at some point before the cruises are available for booking? Don't they need to start hyping it up at some point? Or is it all supposed to be a surprise for the first people on the ship?

They will start hyping it closer to when they know it's going to be done. Since there are no real guarantees on it's completion date in the current situation, they will be a little more reserved in their information releases.

They will start hyping it closer to when they know it's going to be done. Since there are no real guarantees on it's completion date in the current situation, they will be a little more reserved in their information releases.
The problem is that Disney wasn't hyping it before Corona. Her original first steel cutting was in Nov of 19. Long before the locksdowns, and it wasn't mentioned. It was mentioned in passing as March of 20, just as the lockdowns were starting. Regardless of the completion date, Disney could do a lot better job of pr with her. They don't have to mention dates, but letting stuff out virtually shouldn't be a problem. Carnival, just did a keel laying for their next excel class ship, Carnival Celebration, and their execs are shown in the pictures standing in front of the keel. Same builder.. different location. Disney could do a lot better job. Carnival about every other week mentions her in some way shape or form, but have yet to mention any dates. Disney could learn alot from them.

The problem is that Disney wasn't hyping it before Corona. Her original first steel cutting was in Nov of 19. Long before the locksdowns, and it wasn't mentioned. It was mentioned in passing as March of 20, just as the lockdowns were starting. Regardless of the completion date, Disney could do a lot better job of pr with her. They don't have to mention dates, but letting stuff out virtually shouldn't be a problem. Carnival, just did a keel laying for their next excel class ship, Carnival Celebration, and their execs are shown in the pictures standing in front of the keel. Same builder.. different location. Disney could do a lot better job. Carnival about every other week mentions her in some way shape or form, but have yet to mention any dates. Disney could learn alot from them.

No argument from me. Doing some hype work for the Wish would also help keep the general excitement around cruising with DCL going.

You are correct, The Blue Iguana has breakfast burritos in the morning and at lunch has made to order tacos, burritos and salads, and it’s fantastic! They also have Guy’s Burger Joint with amazing burgers and the pizza is way better than Disney. Pizza is actually available 24/7.

I’m gold on both Disney and Carnival and think the food on Carnival is better, especially deserts. I will give Disney kudos for food presentation, Carnival doesn’t even come close to the beauty of Disney plated meals.

I’d love to see a good steakhouse or Asian restaurant on the new ships. Carnival’s 2 newest ships have a Teppanyaki place that is awesome.

Sorry if this question has been answered already but does anyone know when availabilities for Disney Wish will be offered to the public (we are Silver).

Sorry if this question has been answered already but does anyone know when availabilities for Disney Wish will be offered to the public (we are Silver).
What was mentioned above would be closest. In theory, it could be announced as early as next month, or could be later like April or May. It will be a stand alone announcement most likely, though I wouldn't put it past Disney to lump it together with the standard announcement.

no one knows. I’ve seen that summer 2022 would normally come out this Feb/March but Wish will likely be it’s own release and with so much up in the air right now the release may be delayed

Thank you, it’s been decided that our Family Cruise 2023 would be a short cruise on the Disney Wish. We’re also hoping that one of the stops will be Lighthouse Point. TBC... Now I guess we just have to wait.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter