New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

https://d23.com/special-disney-plus-offer-for-d23-expo-attendees/
Later this week at D23 Expo 2019 in Anaheim, California, attendees will get the opportunity to be the first to subscribe to Disney+ with a special “Founders Circle” offer, granting $23 off per year with a three-year commitment, averaging out to be 33 percent off the standard annual price. As an added bonus, they will receive an exclusive “Founders Circle” pin (while supplies last). The offer is open to all D23 Expo guests for a limited period during the D23 Expo (August 22–25); it will be extended online to September 2 for D23 Members.

If I do an Archives Panel that goes until 5, and want to go to the next one at 5:30, do you think I have a chance at getting in? I think the line room is right across from the panel entrance/exit?

I forgot if they mentioned it for the Archives Panels, but I have a gold membership if the line is not already cut off by the time I get out of panel.

For anyone with food allergies, I got a reply back from DLR accessibility services. We are permitted to bring in food under the exception that we have a food allergy. I was told to be prepared to tell security at bag check about my allergy. In addition, I was asked to please bring an empty water bottle and fill it at a water station. I hope this helps anyone else going to the expo with special dietary needs!

If I do an Archives Panel that goes until 5, and want to go to the next one at 5:30, do you think I have a chance at getting in? I think the line room is right across from the panel entrance/exit?

I forgot if they mentioned it for the Archives Panels, but I have a gold membership if the line is not already cut off by the time I get out of panel.
I’ve done that before with success, but it really depends on how long the standby line is. Since they seat stage pass first, you have time to get to the standby line.

If you can ship the badges to them lightning fast, I don't see why you couldn't. Especially if you get them to register them with their names and emails. If they need to go to Will Call, that might be a different story. Not fully sure...
I can Fedex them to friends in CA. so they would get there fast. The thing is I did see something saying on the D23 site that they are non-transferable. So I am really confused. I have never gone before so I don't know all the in's and out's. My other question is...are the tickets only registered in your name? At anytime does a cast member stop you to ask to see if your tickets and D23 account match, or see if it matches an ID? If they don't ask, then the tickets could be used I'm guessing, even if friends want to activate them using their own emails??

I can Fedex them to friends in CA. so they would get there fast. The thing is I did see something saying on the D23 site that they are non-transferable. So I am really confused. I have never gone before so I don't know all the in's and out's. My other question is...are the tickets only registered in your name? At anytime does a cast member stop you to ask to see if your tickets and D23 account match, or see if it matches an ID? If they don't ask, then the tickets could be used I'm guessing, even if friends want to activate them using their own emails??

As far as I can tell, they are non-transferable AFTER you've assigned them to a particular person. So if they are blank canvases at this point, having them register them in their name would lock them to THAT specific person. I doubt they will scrutinize every person coming through the doors, so long as their badge is active. They might be more picky and check ID's for the panel reservation returns though... but it sounds like you don't have any, so no worries on that then!

I don't think they will match anything up to D23 accounts in terms of the badges, as not everybody has them (unless you were trying to access the gold member exclusive areas). They might check ID's at some point... but so long as they match up to the registered user, I'm sure they'll be just fine. If you haven't activated the tickets online with your name, they are still blank slates. Have your friends activate the tickets and type in their names and emails online and it will be *their* badges to use. Whether or not that YOU bought then won't be relevant at that point...

I’m still unable to link my badge to the app, although it is activated and I got reservations for some of the panels.

It would just be a good backup to have it on the app in addition to the email in case something arises

For anyone with food allergies, I got a reply back from DLR accessibility services. We are permitted to bring in food under the exception that we have a food allergy. I was told to be prepared to tell security at bag check about my allergy. In addition, I was asked to please bring an empty water bottle and fill it at a water station. I hope this helps anyone else going to the expo with special dietary needs!
I got the exact same message as well.

@chipndaleluver Officially the badges/credentials/tickets are non-transferable. It clearly states that.

At previous Expos, the credentials were almost always registered to a specific person before shipping so the name and the ID had to match. The credentials in 2019 feature RFID and are registered once you receive them. Technically until they are registered, that don't belong to someone until a name is associated with them.

However, the original statement still holds true - officially, according to D23, credentials are non-transferable.

So it's the week of the expo let's start discussing our plans. I'll be getting there on Thursday morning and will be going all 3 days. I started packing already. I'm mostly looking forward to the Disney Studios panel. I'm dreading lack of sleep and lack of decent meals. I'll be in the basement Friday and Saturday but not too early. What are you most looking forward to/dreading?

I have a question if someone can help out officially my d23 gold ends Sept 1st but on my card it says my membership expires 8/2019. I haven't renewed since the only reason I got it was for gold benefits at d23 and I dont know yet if I'll be going next time. Am I going to have a problem getting into the gold section?

So it's the week of the expo let's start discussing our plans. I'll be getting there on Thursday morning and will be going all 3 days. I started packing already. I'm mostly looking forward to the Disney Studios panel. I'm dreading lack of sleep and lack of decent meals. I'll be in the basement Friday and Saturday but not too early. What are you most looking forward to/dreading?

I get into CA on Wednesday..will be in parks Wednesday and Thursday. Expo on Fri and Sun..DL on Saturday. Not sure what big panels I will wait for. Might be a night-before decision. Currently planning on seeing Legends but who knows :-) I am looking forward to seeing the Epcot model & Swiss Family Robinson panel.

Im leaving on Thursday morning, but on my way over I’ll be visiting Universal Studios before my annual pass expires that weekend. Ill then be there for 2 days at the expo and then Sunday-Monday at the parks.

Im just hoping the standby lines for all three major stores aren't that bad and I’ll be able to enter them at some point. Other than that Im content with the panels I was able to reserve and the signing i was able to get.

@chipndaleluver Officially the badges/credentials/tickets are non-transferable. It clearly states that.

At previous Expos, the credentials were almost always registered to a specific person before shipping so the name and the ID had to match. The credentials in 2019 feature RFID and are registered once you receive them. Technically until they are registered, that don't belong to someone until a name is associated with them.

However, the original statement still holds true - officially, according to D23, credentials are non-transferable.
So you think that when I bought the tickets, the RFID chip was imprinted with my name attached to each ticket? I just wonder if that is true because that would means thousands of badges have had to be configured to match the person who bought the tickets. Like I said, they have not been activated on the site or attached to my email as of yet.

I know they have made folding chairs of any variety prohibited. I'm reduced to a seating pad for comfort. Do you think they'll prohibit sleeping pads?

Last edited:
So you think that when I bought the tickets, the RFID chip was imprinted with my name attached to each ticket? I just wonder if that is true because that would means thousands of badges have had to be configured to match the person who bought the tickets. Like I said, they have not been activated on the site or attached to my email as of yet.

It has been connected to your email though. The confirmation number that D23 sent you is connected to your email address. So the question is ... did they then connect that email address to your badge number too?

There is no real way to know, I'm afraid. I would probably say no, but this is new technology for D23. How they utilize it remains to be seen.

I've seen other people selling and buying badges, so it's for sure going on.

I have a question if someone can help out officially my d23 gold ends Sept 1st but on my card it says my membership expires 8/2019. I haven't renewed since the only reason I got it was for gold benefits at d23 and I dont know yet if I'll be going next time. Am I going to have a problem getting into the gold section?
I doubt they'll be looking that closely at expiration dates. But you can print out your account details at https://account.d23.com/ where it clearly shows the renewal date and use it as proof of expiration if they happen to notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter