• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New CDC Outdoor Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect it to be immediate. It just makes things messy on a few levels if you try to set a date in the future to end restrictions (including the noted issue with people wanting to reschedule based on that date), with no benefit to Disney.

I agree I went with a maybe a week because they did a couple weeks till temp check ends. But I could see immediate also!

It feels like it would be fairly simple and even easier for them to say masks are only needed in lines and indoors. It's easier on the workers because you're not having to patrol all these wide open spaces with hundreds of people trying to stop people as they walk by and then discern if someone is truly stationary while they eat and drink (not to mention the pointlessness of trying to confront a 2 year old in a stroller without a mask). Nobody is in the Wal-Mart parking lot telling you to put on the mask, they do it at the door when you're walking inside.

I agree. They already have CM monitoring a lot of lines as is, so not hard to keep them at the end of line and remind those before they get in the line.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NEW: WDW statement on CDC:<br><br>&quot;Today’s guidance from the CDC allowing fully vaccinated individuals to remove masks and the removal of physical distancing requirements is extremely positive news and as soon as is practical we will implement updated guidelines across our businesses.&quot;</p>&mdash; Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) <a href=" ">May 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
So many factors could go into what makes it practical in Disney’s eyes. Wait and see I guess! Glad they addressed it though.

I hope they drop the masks outdoors before my summer trip! But as someone bringing an under 2 who can’t wear a mask or get vaccinated, I hope they give plenty of warning for when they eventually drop masks indoors. I would want to reschedule my trip if that happened. I don’t think that will happen anytime soon though since the CDC made these recommendations for only vaccinated people and children can’t be vaccinated yet.
As someone going in 17 days who used my DVC points I am crossing fingers they give plenty of warning. I cannot cancel my trip in under 30 days without losing points. I have children who cannot be vaccinated so we would want to cancel until they could be vaccinated.

That’s c
I don’t want unvaccinated people around my unvaccinated kids unmasked. If I could vaccinate them I would but my youngest is 11. I vaccinate them for the flu every year which is why I don’t worry about the flu. This is going to be very tricky for any business.
That’s certainly your choice and every family has to make the best decision for their circumstances. But if that’s the case, you might want to wait to visit Disney until your kids can be vaccinated. On a somewhat related note, my husband and I both got covid and lived normally with our toddler and she never exhibited symptoms beyond a runny nose. Science shows children don’t have severe symptoms from covid.

That’s c

That’s certainly your choice and every family has to make the best decision for their circumstances. But if that’s the case, you might want to wait to visit Disney until your kids can be vaccinated. On a somewhat related note, my husband and I both got covid and lived normally with our toddler and she never exhibited symptoms beyond a runny nose. Science shows children don’t have severe symptoms from covid.

This, and there are just as many families that will jump and book as soon as the masks are dropped even those with unvaccinated kids. There are people on both sides.

Outdoor mask mandates should be good soon at DisneyA good point that I saw on an article on WDW Magic:

“We expect to hear from Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings late tomorrow that the county has reached its goal of a 50% vaccination level and will drop its mask requirement for everyone when outdoors. This may be the point that Disney feels that it can follow that guidance and drop masks for all guests at least outdoors, and may be the reason for Chapek's comments about being in Florida during the summer.”

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt...pacity-and-reducing-covid-19-restrictions.htm

Outdoor mask mandates should be good soon at DisneyA good point that I saw on an article on WDW Magic:

“We expect to hear from Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings late tomorrow that the county has reached its goal of a 50% vaccination level and will drop its mask requirement for everyone when outdoors. This may be the point that Disney feels that it can follow that guidance and drop masks for all guests at least outdoors, and may be the reason for Chapek's comments about being in Florida during the summer.”

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt...pacity-and-reducing-covid-19-restrictions.htm

Sure, but the mayor has no real power for mask mandates anymore, Desantis took that away the other week but he has pretty much refused to accept it.

As someone going in 17 days who used my DVC points I am crossing fingers they give plenty of warning. I cannot cancel my trip in under 30 days without losing points. I have children who cannot be vaccinated so we would want to cancel until they could be vaccinated.
I assume that you would still be able to wear masks. Would this make you feel better, even if others were not? I really hope Disney can find a way to make nearly all people happy. Maybe an intermediate step that removes restrictions outside immediately, but keeps them inside for a while longer? It also would be good to announce when the indoor restrictions were gong to be lifted so people can plan (maybe 30 days notice).

I assume that you would still be able to wear masks. Would this make you feel better, even if others were not? I really hope Disney can find a way to make nearly all people happy. Maybe an intermediate step that removes restrictions outside immediately, but keeps them inside for a while longer? It also would be good to announce when the indoor restrictions were gong to be lifted so people can plan (maybe 30 days notice).

I think this is how it will go. Outdoors first, indoors later.

I like that. Also, I'm sure anyone who wants to wear a mask will be allowed to.

If the science tells us that we had to wear Masks in the first place why are people going against the science when it says vaccinated people don’t have to wear it and continue to do so the choice is your own however at least I don’t have to wear it no more!

I am definitely not going against that science and am looking forward to not having to wear a mask. I am concerned how this would be enforced so that only vaccinated people are being unmasked - and then some concern with people who aren't masked and aren't vaccinated being near kids who can't get vaccinated, etc.

I just think in effect if a place says that unvaccinated people can be unmasked they have to be ok with anyone being unmasked - segregating is not practical

I don’t want unvaccinated people around my unvaccinated kids unmasked. If I could vaccinate them I would but my youngest is 11. I vaccinate them for the flu every year which is why I don’t worry about the flu. This is going to be very tricky for any business.

Then keep your kid masked until they can get vaccinated too.

Remember, just because a business decides to drop mask requirements doesn't mean you can't still voluntarily wear a mask.

This is going to sound way meaner than I mean it too, but you might have to choose to visit at another time ( not sure when) or just make sure you and your family mask to protect yourself now. I think that’s the way it’s going to have to go. Now, you can wear a mask if you feel uncomfortable

I am definitely not going against that science and am looking forward to not having to wear a mask. I am concerned how this would be enforced so that only vaccinated people are being unmasked - and then some concern with people who aren't masked and aren't vaccinated being near kids who can't get vaccinated, etc.

I just think in effect if a place says that unvaccinated people can be unmasked they have to be ok with anyone being unmasked - segregating is not practical
Remember that multiple people— including Fauci and Scott Gottlieb — have said that outdoor spread is VERY low risk regardless of vaccine status… so if Disney drops the mandate just outdoors, I think folks should still feel rather comfortable, especially in light of what the CDC said today regarding vaccinated individuals. We gotta start somewhere in regards to moving forward 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter