New Buc-ees announced for Ocala

Titanium

Magic Kingdom
Buckees announced this week that they are opening a third Florida location at I-75 & SR 326 (Exit 358).

Heading south this is the last exit on I-75 just as you are leaving unincorporated Marion County and getting into the Ocala exits so it will be a great location for folks heading to Fort Wilderness and WDW with rigs to stop.

Last edited:
I love having options. Although I use Loves quite a bit, the one near that exit is way too tight and crowded to accommodate a gasoline truck pulling a trailer. Coming down 75 we typically fueled near the FL/GA border to avoid the congestion.

I love having options. Although I use Loves quite a bit, the one near that exit is way too tight and crowded to accommodate a gasoline truck pulling a trailer. Coming down 75 we typically fueled near the FL/GA border to avoid the congestion.
North or Southbound this will be in a great location either before/after the Ocala and the Wildwood Turnpike traffic.

This will be good, south of GA/Lake City the truck stops are in more congested areas. Gainesville is a university town with no big industry so it lacks any real truck stops.

This is a good spot for us. We are 1000 miles from the Fort and have about a 650- 700 mile range in the coach. We usually stop in southern GA and drive on in the rest of the way. This means I'm looking for someplace to stop early on the trip home. This is a good compromise and hopefully better prices than the turnpike service plaza we would normally use.

j

Buc-ees can be a real crap shoot sometimes. Weekdays aren't as bad as weekends. Weekends are just plain crazy busy... Mon-Fri you can count me in.. i will stop most every time but Sat-Sun, i will pass.

Buc-ees can be a real crap shoot sometimes. Weekdays aren't as bad as weekends. Weekends are just plain crazy busy... Mon-Fri you can count me in.. i will stop most every time but Sat-Sun, i will pass.
It really is a tale of two places. I stopped at the one in AL on I10 on the way to Disney the 18th and it was an absolute madhouse. Fast forward on more Saturday to the 25th and it was a pleasant stop.

This one is going to be very popular. We love Buccees and stop by every one we pass.

I find that on 95 at least, Buc-ees has the best fuel prices - like it's not even worth looking at the apps. I guess club stores like Sams or Costco may beat them by a cent or two sometimes, if you belong to them and care to deal with them on a road trip. I love Costco but I am not waiting in that fuel line when I'm on a road trip.

Besides that they always have plenty of pumps and the food/drinks inside are good (if expensive), clean bathrooms - it's a no-brainer stop for me.

I find that on 95 at least, Buc-ees has the best fuel prices - like it's not even worth looking at the apps. I guess club stores like Sams or Costco may beat them by a cent or two sometimes, if you belong to them and care to deal with them on a road trip. I love Costco but I am not waiting in that fuel line when I'm on a road trip.

Besides that they always have plenty of pumps and the food/drinks inside are good (if expensive), clean bathrooms - it's a no-brainer stop for me.
I can concur on the I10 stops. Buc-ees had the best price on our trip to Disney this year. Both on the way there and on the way home. Actually the same price as our home town which is usually one of the lower prices in the country.

I live near the Buc-ees on I-10 at the Gulf Shores beach express exit. It always a .."poopshow".

I avoid it

Oh YAY!! Our eastbound route from Calif this Fall doesn't have a single Buc-ees until we hit the one near Ft Valley in Georgia!! This new one would be right where we stop for the night at Love's or Pilot. What I wouldn't give for a big bag of Bucky Nuggets. They've become my favorite travel snack!

Although I expect that I shouldn't get my hopes up since I'm sure it won't be completed by September.

Oh YAY!! Our eastbound route from Calif this Fall doesn't have a single Buc-ees until we hit the one near Ft Valley in Georgia!!
Stormy,

If you are coming across I-10, you will go right past the one by Gulf Shores (Loxley, AL technically) . That's about 7 hours from the Fort, so a good place for a snack. :)

And welcome back to the forum. I hadn't seen you until recently.

j

Stormy,

If you are coming across I-10, you will go right past the one by Gulf Shores (Loxley, AL technically) . That's about 7 hours from the Fort, so a good place for a snack. :)

And welcome back to the forum. I hadn't seen you until recently.

j

We're going I-40 all the way cross country until we leave it near Nashville to head to Lookout Mtn. DH wants to do some hang gliding there before we hit the Fort. I'm pretty sure we hit the one in Loxley last time headed west back home. IIRC it was my 1st Buc-ees and I made him stop at every one we saw afterwards for more Bucky Nuggets!

Between a 2 week trip to visit my cousin in March and my eldest son's near death in a hit and run in early April I've been posting pretty infrequently. He was given a 2% chance at the time but has defied all odds and is expected to make a full recovery. He's now home, his wonderful wife is taking marvelous care of him, and he's progressing nicely! Needless to say I hadn't felt much like posting, but now I'm sure I'll be back in full force. lol

So glad to hear about your son. I saw your other post. Glad you are back on the Disney trail. We come through Nashville from St Louis on the way to Disney. You will hit 2 Buc-ee's in GA. on I-75. One in N. GA in Calhoun and another south of ATL in Warner Robins.

j

Buc-ee's in Tn and coming to TN. Next year those traveling I-24 will have a stop.

• Crossville — I-40 Exit 320
  • Sevierville — I-40 Exit 407 (expected Summer 2023 opening)
  • Clarksville — I-24 Exit 1 (expected 2023 opening)
  • Murfreesboro — I-24 Exit 84 (expected September 2024 opening)

• Crossville — I-40 Exit 320
  • Sevierville — I-40 Exit 407 (expected Summer 2023 opening)
  • Clarksville — I-24 Exit 1 (expected 2023 opening)
  • Murfreesboro — I-24 Exit 84 (expected September 2024 opening)
I didn't realize Clarksville and Murfeesboro were getting one. Those may come in handy on the way back from Spring Training next year. I'm heading back out to NC in September and planned a stop at the new one in Sevierville if it is right on I-40 (and not as crazy as the one near GSP).

j

So glad to hear about your son. I saw your other post. Glad you are back on the Disney trail. We come through Nashville from St Louis on the way to Disney. You will hit 2 Buc-ee's in GA. on I-75. One in N. GA in Calhoun and another south of ATL in Warner Robins.

j

Oh Goodie!!! TWO stops for Bucky Nuggets after we leave Lookout Mtn. DH loves their jerky, so he'll be happy about that too!

Nothing like 'Road Trip Snacks' to make your long day of driving a little easier!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter