• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Boardwalk Air Conditioner fix?

ars13

Mouseketeer
Here now at the Boardwalk. The new AC system at the Boardwalk are have motion sensors and turns off when you are not in the room or at night when you are sleeping.

2 nights now I have woken up in the middle of the night in a sweat. Anyone know if this feature can be turned off if we call Maintenance?

Thanks!

I think this has been a problem at WDW for a few years now. If memory serves, there are supposed to be a few ways to hack/fool the sensor into keeping the AC on rather than annoyingly shutting itself off. There may be a thread here on the boards that discusses those.

I don't mind them turning off during the day(totally understand trying to conserve energy) but I really wish they would find a way to program them so they don't turn off at night.

I don't mind them turning off during the day(totally understand trying to conserve energy) but I really wish they would find a way to program them so they don't turn off at night.
Same here. I was hoping the refurb would remove that issue. Without the ceiling fan it will be unbearable.

If you google air conditioner override or hack on YouTube for Disney World resorts, you can find a number of videos showing you how to do it. No reason to sweat buckets at night.

Here now at the Boardwalk. The new AC system at the Boardwalk are have motion sensors and turns off when you are not in the room or at night when you are sleeping.

2 nights now I have woken up in the middle of the night in a sweat. Anyone know if this feature can be turned off if we call Maintenance?

Thanks!

I can't actually remember from my visit in Dec 23, but something tells me it's a new type of thermostat. Something like the lowest it goes is maybe 68?

May be time to ask for a big box fan and then fasten your balloon to it.

I didn't have any issues as it was cooler while I was at BW.

We found the strongest vent to be into the bathroom (in 1BD) so we kept that door open at night to push cool air into the bedroom. Also agree with PP on googling how to override the lowest temp. We were there 2 weeks ago

If you google air conditioner override or hack on YouTube for Disney World resorts, you can find a number of videos showing you how to do it. No reason to sweat buckets at night.
I did call maintenance yesterday and they put it on “VIP mode” so that the temp could go down to the lowest setting out 65 degrees. It only lasts 48 hours though so I’ll have to investigate how to do that myself.

That's why they got rid of the ceiling fans. They helped to keep the ac running at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter