New Attraction slated openings???

PixieTink

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know when Mission: Space is going to open? All I had heard is Spring '03.....

Also, I had heard that a 3-d movie featuring Mickey will open in MK where they used to have the Lion King show. Is this still the plan, and when will it be ready? Thanks!

I heard that Mission Space was delayed because (I don't know if this is true) it was causing too much nausea for test riders. Mickey's Philharmagic opens in the Fall, I think. Hopefully someone else will have more definitive answers for you.

:D

Thanks, I was hoping we might get to see them on our June trip....most likely not..... Oh well, just incentive to plan the next trip!

Originally posted by Robert Walker
They are pushing for summer openings for both.

That's not entirely true as there hasn't been an official opening date for M:S, just a countdown clock that never gave an official date(it was removed a long time ago). Since Disney has only given seasons and not dates, technically there hasn't been a delay :)

I have posted this in a few places this morning so forgive the repetativeness... according to David Koenig of mouseplanet, MS is delayed:

From David Koenig's MousePlanet article:

"Don't expect Epcot's newest attraction, Mission:Space, to open any time
soon. Imagineering had hoped to open the thrill ride this spring, but
construction has fallen behind schedule (although apparently not 'Test
Track-level' behind schedule). The new target date for soft openings is
late summer (end of August) at the absolute earliest."

http://www.mouseplanet.com/david/dk030128.htm

Awwww, shucks.............

Definitely gonna need to plan another trip, then! Thanks for the update & link!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter