Never been in April...packing advice?

TheDailyMoo

DIS Veteran
Only travel in summer where I bring like 3 changes of clothes per day and winter where I usually wear the same pair of sweats the whole time. First time in all these years of going to Disney that we'll be there in April. Am I packing like it's summer or lighter than that?

I would suggest looking at the weather forecast right before you pack. It could be warm enough for shorts all day or layering in the morning and evenings. Could also be a mix and depends on what time in the morning you head out and/or how late you stay out.

What you're saying sounds like how we used to approach late January there...is it closer to that then rather than summer? It seems like it's going to be warm..like 80s but it can still be chilly early morning?

We were there last week. We wore shorts but DD and I definitely needed sweatshirts in the early morning and evening. DH was fine solely with shorts. By contrast, we went 1 week earlier last year and it was warmer. I watched the weather closely. It was warming up when we left.

It looks to be trending to the 90’s later this week. I agree to check on your dates a few times beforehand - maybe include a local Orlando news weather report. We have visited in April and early May and the weather was really lovely (warm, but not humid), but best to be prepared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter