Netwinner

AllMixedUp

Mouseketeer
Well the party must be over for Netwinner. I just checked my account and where I used to have $225 in ecount waiting to be processed, I now have nothing. They put the points back into my account but now the only prizes available are for entries into drawings.

It majorly sucks I now have 246,000 points rather then the 4 gift cards I had cashed out for! I cannot belive they can do that. I cashed some out as far back as December and now they think they can just do what they want. I sure hope this can be changed. Wish I was a lawyer and knew if this was even legal for them to do. SO very unhappy that I wasted so much time since then. Time that they got paid for by my watching their advertising and now they think they cannot pay me! GRRRRRRRRRR

I'm surprised they can do this as well. I'm not a lawyer either but this probably falls under the NC statutes for sweepstakes and contests. If I had to venture a guess, someone will be contacting the NC Atty General to find out if they can do this. There will be a lot of unhappy, honest people out there who played by Netwinner's rules - you know, the ones they didn't even play by!

I just checked my account and my payouts are still processing. I wonder what is going on. I have been trying to get on the Netwinner forums all day. I keep getting an error page. This really sucks. I'm tired of them blowing smoke and telling us how great the site is and to be patient. But, no real explanation for the months long delays in paying out.

I read over on Comparerewards that people that filed complaints against Netwinner with the Better Business Bureau and Attorneys General are getting some of their payouts fulfilled. I guess the saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" holds true. So, people that didn't cash out until 2008 are getting payouts before the people that cashed out in November and December 2007.

ETA: Well, it is official. I just checked comparerewards.com and this is what they have reported:

NetWinner "Refunds" Points in Lieu of Payments

May 12, 2008 2:25 PM | Permalink | Comments (35)

NetWinner emailed members today to tell them they would not be paid for outstanding redemptions. Instead, members' cashouts would be cancelled and the points refunded to their accounts... but they would be doubled. From now on, points are only good for raffle entries.
Sometimes you hate to be right. :(
I'm sorry, y'all. I'm really, TRULY sorry.
In a message to partner sites, NetWinner's Wendy Warner today stated that only about 10% of you would be unhappy with this move. "Some will see it as I do—a great opportunity for most of our players and then you have the 10% that are hard core that will not be happy at all."
Just 10%? Head count, anyone?
Continue Reading if you didn't get the email, or feel free to vent as needed in a Comment.

Continue reading NetWinner "Refunds" Points in Lieu of Payments.

I haven't received the e-mail yet and my payouts still say they are processing. Netwinner is pathetic! And that explains why I haven't been able to get on their forums. Too many people are doing the same thing...trying to get answers.

The only consolation for me is that I didn't invest a whole lot of time on that site. I had only started playing in mid February and have slacked off in the last few weeks. And I haven't played at all since the first of the month when it was clear what was going on over there and that my time was being wasted. I feel really bad for the people that have been playing for a long time and have lost hundreds of dollars in payouts. I have lost $50.

Hey there Kycha - where ya been neighbor??? :wave2:

What I find funny is the "possibility" that someone would win over a million dollars on that site! :rotfl2: :rotfl: Yeah right.

I'm glad people are filing complaints with BBB and other organizations and are getting results. Good for them.

I just checked my account and my payouts are still processing. I wonder what is going on. I have been trying to get on the Netwinner forums all day. I keep getting an error page. This really sucks. I'm tired of them blowing smoke and telling us how great the site is and to be patient. But, no real explanation for the months long delays in paying out.

I read over on Comparerewards that people that filed complaints against Netwinner with the Better Business Bureau and Attorneys General are getting some of their payouts fulfilled. I guess the saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" holds true. So, people that didn't cash out until 2008 are getting payouts before the people that cashed out in November and December 2007.

ETA: Well, it is official. I just checked comparerewards.com and this is what they have reported:

NetWinner "Refunds" Points in Lieu of Payments

May 12, 2008 2:25 PM | Permalink | Comments (35)

NetWinner emailed members today to tell them they would not be paid for outstanding redemptions. Instead, members' cashouts would be cancelled and the points refunded to their accounts... but they would be doubled. From now on, points are only good for raffle entries.
Sometimes you hate to be right. :(
I'm sorry, y'all. I'm really, TRULY sorry.
In a message to partner sites, NetWinner's Wendy Warner today stated that only about 10% of you would be unhappy with this move. "Some will see it as I do—a great opportunity for most of our players and then you have the 10% that are hard core that will not be happy at all."
Just 10%? Head count, anyone?
Continue Reading if you didn't get the email, or feel free to vent as needed in a Comment.

Continue reading NetWinner "Refunds" Points in Lieu of Payments.

I haven't received the e-mail yet and my payouts still say they are processing. Netwinner is pathetic! And that explains why I haven't been able to get on their forums. Too many people are doing the same thing...trying to get answers.

The only consolation for me is that I didn't invest a whole lot of time on that site. I had only started playing in mid February and have slacked off in the last few weeks. And I haven't played at all since the first of the month when it was clear what was going on over there and that my time was being wasted. I feel really bad for the people that have been playing for a long time and have lost hundreds of dollars in payouts. I have lost $50.

Wow -- this is so bad -- I am in FL now - but I check the forums and my account everyday to see if there is any change. I am so suprised they can change the rules midstream like this. I was awaiting several hundred dollars in Barnes and Noble gift cards ($375.00) and another 25.00 for an ecount.

Very disappointing. I did invest alot of time since my daughter could use the Barnes and Noble for her college bookstore.

Liz

Thanks for the update. I have been trying to get on the site all day and it wouldn't even let me on the site. Luckily I only started playing a couple of months ago. What awful business practices.

Wow -- this is so bad -- I am in FL now - but I check the forums and my account everyday to see if there is any change. I am so suprised they can change the rules midstream like this. I was awaiting several hundred dollars in Barnes and Noble gift cards ($375.00) and another 25.00 for an ecount.

Very disappointing. I did invest alot of time since my daughter could use the Barnes and Noble for her college bookstore.

Liz

Well, the good part of it is - you're in FL right now! :banana: Hope you are there enjoying a great trip.

Another thing to do would be to contact their advertisers. They will be very unhappy with Netwinner if they start getting emails from unhappy consumers.

I am so not happy. I spent an hour almost everyday getting all of my spins and banko done. I had $50 that I now have lost. I was going to spend my ecard on Disney Dollars. It would have helped out my trip tremendously.

The positive side.....I will have an extra 1-2 hours a day!

I had a feeling that something was coming. I played everyday for 2 weeks but quickly realized that the time invested realy wasn't worth it. The last straw was when they had the multiplier day and I won less than 500 points for over 2 hours worth of my time. After that I refused to spend any more time there.

I would be very surprised to see them last more than 2 or 3 months now.

DISCLAIMER: I don't hold SR accountable for any of the actions of Netwinner at all! SR remains a great program and is in no way responsible for the shady actions of Netwinner!

I'm just hoping SR will pull their link off its site. I never played much (only have about 8,000 points) so I'm not upset about losing anything. But netwinner is playing dirty now. Legally they may be able to get away with it, but they have changed their terms of service now and won't let people close their accounts (I tried) so that they can show advertisers how many people they have playing. Unethical to the customers and to the potential advertisers if you ask me.

I don't think anyone should support it.

Anyone have a netwinner replacement?
I should have a huge chunk of time now that netwinner is no good, and winster is a waste of time too.

I am happy that winster let us cash out for any prize we were shooting for though. Very honorable... unlike netwinner.

I don't want an offer/shopping site, as I'm a SR member and don't need any other site of that type...

I should have a huge chunk of time now that netwinner is no good, and winster is a waste of time too.

I am happy that winster let us cash out for any prize we were shooting for though. Very honorable... unlike netwinner.

So what happened to Winster? I played for about 2 months and then quit. I had thought about going back to it but did it fold too?

So what happened to Winster? I played for about 2 months and then quit. I had thought about going back to it but did it fold too?

Winster is still around..

Winster lowered the points you could earn and upped the spins... so you have to spend more time to earn less points...many of the people I enjoyed playing with have left, so the community is lacking.

The good news is that you can now play for free (well in exchange for viewing ads) and win as many prizes (there was a one for free limit) as you want.. of course it will probably take a long time.

Winster was a good money making game...I enjoyed it while the opportunity lasted...but I knew it couldn't last.

I'm just hoping SR will pull their link off its site. I never played much (only have about 8,000 points) so I'm not upset about losing anything. But netwinner is playing dirty now. Legally they may be able to get away with it, but they have changed their terms of service now and won't let people close their accounts (I tried) so that they can show advertisers how many people they have playing. Unethical to the customers and to the potential advertisers if you ask me.

I don't think anyone should support it.
According to the thread on the sr forums, they are keeping the link up. However, "they will not actively push it to their members". I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I don't want an offer/shopping site, as I'm a SR member and don't need any other site of that type...
Did something happen to Winster? I haven't played over there in ages. ETA: Nevermind. I see you answered the question already. :thumbsup2
Anyway, one of the players I spoke to on Netwinner's forums gave me a referral to Boomertowne.com. I haven't had time to figure out how to make money playing games yet. But, I read someone else's claim that you can easily make $25 in gc every 8 days there. So, I'll give it a try. It is free to sign up and there is a forum over there for any questions. Good luck!

Hey there Kycha - where ya been neighbor??? :wave2:

What I find funny is the "possibility" that someone would win over a million dollars on that site! :rotfl2: :rotfl: Yeah right.

I'm glad people are filing complaints with BBB and other organizations and are getting results. Good for them.
Hey Jamie! I've been around...lurking mostly. :surfweb:

I just checked my Netwinner account and my payouts are still showing processing. :confused3 I'm confused. I keep waiting for them to poof my payouts and my points balance to grow. But it just isn't happening for me. I don't know what that means. I guess since I never received the e-mail about the bad news, that it doesn't apply to me. :laughing: Yeah right!

I just found a site called boomertowne where you can play games, post recipes, check stock quotes, all kinds of things and earn points that you can cash in for prizes or gift cards. Did some googling on it and it looks legit so I've decided to give it a shot.

Woops - posted this before I read Kycha's post. Anyway, it looks promising...

Hey Jamie! I've been around...lurking mostly. :surfweb:

I just checked my Netwinner account and my payouts are still showing processing. :confused3 I'm confused. I keep waiting for them to poof my payouts and my points balance to grow. But it just isn't happening for me. I don't know what that means. I guess since I never received the e-mail about the bad news, that it doesn't apply to me. :laughing: Yeah right!

I also never got the meail but my cashouts were recredited! O, well I guess. There goes 125.00. I was planning on gettinga camera for Daughter for Christmas. :( I figured since I cashed out in December I would get those cards by the following December. Never in a million years did I think they would treat people like this. I feel bad that I got referrals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter