Nemo show at AK

Nemo=fish

Nobody holds a picture of a fish. They are fully articulated puppets.

Exactly.

It is fine to not enjoy the show. But no one is holding a picture of a fish.

Again, to those who have not seen the show .... Nemo is a fish portrayed by a puppet, not a picture.

finding-nemo-the-musical-gallery01.jpg

finding-nemo-the-musical-gallery00.jpg

Whatever they are holding in their hands and running around the stage with, was super boring and we all thought the show stunk. If you loved it, that's great. We thought it was awful. It's good for naptime. Before everyone goes on the attack, this is my OPINION. It was the most boring show X100 that I have ever saw.

It is fine to have an opinion but it's not fine to say that they are holding pictures of the fish because there are folks on here that have never seen it and might actually believe you. It is very clear they are using puppets in this show and your comments were wrong.

Just to throw my two cents out there. If you don't like broadway/musicals you may not like this. If you do like broadway/musicals you will probably enjoy it. Yes, it is long but that's what I enjoy about it and not just to rest in the ac or to get a nap in. I've honestly not seen any show/attraction at WDW that is so boring that I would fall asleep.

We saw it for the first time on our November trip. Everyone in our party (6 to 60) thought it was great. Absolutely worth a try.

we LOVE it and see it multiple times every visit to WDW...
as far as i'm concerned, it's worth the price of admission to the park...

the music was written specifically for this production by the same team that wrote the music for Avenue Q, Book of Mormon and Frozen.

Whatever they are holding in their hands and running around the stage with, was super boring and we all thought the show stunk. If you loved it, that's great. We thought it was awful. It's good for naptime. Before everyone goes on the attack, this is my OPINION. It was the most boring show X100 that I have ever saw.

Oh it's totes cool that you hated it. Disney can't win with everyone all the time (I HATE Frozen and the ride was beyond lame)... but as others have explained just wanted to point out, for the benefit of those who haven't seen it and may believe what you wrote about the characters being pictures, that the actors are actually performing with puppets.

We saw it for the first time on our November trip. Everyone in our party (6 to 60) thought it was great. Absolutely worth a try.
Same here. We always skipped it over the last several years, but we decided to walk in just before the show started on our trip last month. We all enjoyed it.

We see it every year, it is our favorite show at WDW. The puppets are amazing and the cast is extremely talented. It is a charming, original take on the movie. The first time we saw it, we felt the same wonder and awe we experienced the first time we saw The Lion King on Broadway.

Alright... I'm just gonna give you my own story first hand on this one. Other experiences may vary...

My mother and I both like broadway musicals, and we wanted to see this. We were certain we wanted to. We'd blown it off on 2-4 past trips, because there was usually a wait, and on our last trip in Feb. we said, "This time we see it!"

That said, we were traveling with a party of 7, and the other 5 people's feelings weren't as strong about it... we all saw it... and... I feel like I never freaking heard the end of it from the other 5. They were whining/complaining the minute we walked out. They still occasionally whine/complain to this day, 10 months later. Complained they couldn't take in beer. Complained it was boring. Complained Nemo was played by a girl. Complained they could see the puppeteers (They WANT you to see the puppeteers!) Complained it was the sole reason we missed other attractions later in the day (which i don't believe it was). Complained, complained complained. Annoying/Frustrating beyond belief.

That said, no one put a gun to their head to go in, but we had all been sticking together as a group for the most part and hindsight is 20/20. *Shrug* We should have just split up and me and my mom should have seen it alone BUT... little did we know that at the time.

As for the show itself... it was alright. I don't regret seeing it. I do regret taking my whole party to see it. I don't feel a need to see it again. I may have enjoyed it more if not for the circumstances. I feel like they try to sell it as equivalent to one of Disney's broadway musicals, like Lion King... and it's not. It's much more truncated and abridged than an actual broadway show is. BUT... that's not to say it's bad. If you're interested, I say go for it! If anyone in your party isn't interested, I say tell them to go ride Dinosaur while you see it without them. Don't take anyone who isn't into that sort of thing in. That's my advice. As responses in this thread go to show, opinions can be very mixed based on what type of person you are. Are you into musical theater and puppets or aren't you? Is your party? Ask these questions before entering.

It's worth doing if you want to do it, but if you take someone who's not interested in seeing it to see it... you may live to regret it. In my completely honest opinion... I do feel like its over-hyped a bit. I've seen lots of Broadway shows, and... this seemed much more quickly paced and abridged, as I mentioned. As other have mentioned also, since the original movie is NOT a musical, some of the songs feel forced and out of place. Too much plot crammed into too little time. Too much plot crammed into song instead of told through story. Some neat and impressive puppet-work though.

Last edited:
Finding Nemo - The Musical is a "must do" for us at Animal Kingdom.
The Festival of the Lion King is another one.

Note that both shows are indoors which can be helpful when it is hot (or raining).

Just to throw my two cents out there. If you don't like broadway/musicals you may not like this. If you do like broadway/musicals you will probably enjoy it. Yes, it is long but that's what I enjoy about it and not just to rest in the ac or to get a nap in. I've honestly not seen any show/attraction at WDW that is so boring that I would fall asleep.

I agree with this post. It is a theatrical/broadway interpretation of Finding Nemo. We enjoy it. Usually see it annually. My DS14, always falls asleep during FOTLK. Everytime. Like 10 years in a row! Falling asleep at WDW during anything is not necessarily a true reflection of the quality of a show. It is a reflection of waking up for rope drop for the third day in a row, walking 8 miles then sitting down in a dark, air conditioned room.

The wife and I were curious to see this as we loved the movie. The curiosity quickly disappeared and unfortunately turned to boredom. The silver lining was that it was a steaming hot August day and we got and 30 minute air conditioned nap. Just didn't do it for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter